Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

I would rather them have a number and pay into it through proper channels than have them steal my SSN again. It wasn't really fun contacting SS office, IRS, and reporting my identity stolen. You are never going to get them all to leave, and you are very naive if you think so. SO why don't we protect people from getting their info stolen?

I would rather them have a number and pay into it through proper channels than have them steal my SSN again. It wasn't really fun contacting SS office, IRS, and reporting my identity stolen. You are never going to get them all to leave, and you are very naive if you think so. SO why don't we protect people from getting their info stolen?

Working under a 1099, their not going to pay at year end.

Well when it comes to aiding and abetting illegals, our govt is their main contributor. By issuing them a ITIN in their own name it makes them legal to work in America. They can work under a 1099 and still not pay a dime in taxes. They'd like to thank you Govt for your support.

Fred Fry International: How Illegal Aliens get a 'Social Security Number' in their own Name
Not true. They are obligated to pay taxes under their ITIN. As is anyone that earns income reported through a 1099.

If they go to the trouble of getting an ITIN, pretty high. Lots of them pay because they hope one day in the future it will "prove" they are good and contributing citizens.

If they go to the trouble of getting an ITIN, pretty high. Lots of them pay because they hope one day in the future it will "prove" they are good and contributing citizens.
Wow...Does your naïveté know any bounds?
:lol: The only thing one can use an ITIN for is to file a tax return. The reason they are given out is so people working here that aren't citizens can fulfill their OBLIGATION to pay income tax.

Sometimes I wonder if you just fell off the boat.

any legal migrant worker or any legal immigrant here on a work visa MUST get this itin.....anyone vacationing here that ends up working for a bit also has to get an itin, anyone here on a visa for college, must get an itin....

the story is questionable froggy....

any legal migrant worker or any legal immigrant here on a work visa MUST get this itin.....anyone vacationing here that ends up working for a bit also has to get an itin, anyone here on a visa for college that works as well, must get an itin....

the story is questionable froggy....

:lol: The only thing one can use an ITIN for is to file a tax return. The reason they are given out is so people working here that aren't citizens can fulfill their OBLIGATION to pay income tax.

No, there given out to small business to pay payroll tax.

You know supporters will lie to them self to make and excuse for illegals to stay in America.

I'll score the answer to my question a big "NO".

I run my business ventures through an LLC that has an ITIN...I know through first-hand experience how the system works and how it can be gamed.

Speaking of people who just fell off the boat.......

No, there given out to small business to pay payroll tax.
Nope...that's different, it's called a TIN.

fyi
How do I apply for an ITIN?

Use the latest revision of Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to apply. Attach a valid federal income tax return, unless you qualify for an exception, and include your original, notarized, or certified proof of identity and foreign status documents.
Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

fyi
How do I apply for an ITIN?

Use the latest revision of Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to apply. Attach a valid federal income tax return, unless you qualify for an exception, and include your original, notarized, or certified proof of identity and foreign status documents.
Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:
Well, since they already probably have plenty of fake documents and/or an alternate identity readily at hand....

Forum List

Back