Indiana First New State to Ban Abortion after Dobbs

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021

Thoughts? I imagine any state where there is a public statewide vote will keep abortion legal in the first trimester. However red state legislatures will vote to make it illegal and will try to keep it from being a public vote.

Thoughts? I imagine any state where there is a public statewide vote will keep abortion legal in the first trimester. However red state legislatures will vote to make it illegal and will try to keep it from being a public vote.
I don’t care
Abortions will still be performed here

Agreed. Kansas taught them better than to test their harebrained theories of what the people will tolerate in legislating away state constitutional rights if given the opportunity to decide for themselves. If wanting to legislate away, the decision-making from the people, they can't possibly let the people decide, or they will never get away with it.

It's a state issue, and it's their choice.
I've also said it when the state is pro abortion.
At least the states get to decide, as it should be.
Do the states get to decide? What about travel restrictions that harken us back to the days of the fugitive slave laws?

Contrasting Kansas and Indiania is a lesson in the real problem with American politics today. It not about the will of the people, it is about the ability of state legislators to manipulate the system, maintain power, and serve their masters. By design, the state legislatures control the political power of this country. That is the way the founders wanted it. But they never expected it to morph into what it has become today. Gerrymandering, voting restrictions, and usurping the control of local governments for issues ranging from mask mandates to school curriculums.

Look at who these state legislators really are. For the most part, they are not impressive people. They have shallow resumes, little education, and more than a few are real nutcases. Institutions like CPAC and the Heartland Institute have seized on their weaknesses and utilized their manipulation to perpetuate an agenda that is the antithesis of democracy. But there is hope.

I have no doubt, the governor's office here in North Carolina has already contacted Lilly. Cooper doesn't play. And what Lilly says is indicative of the bigger problem for those red state renegade legislatures. The legislators don't have the intelligence to understand the ramifications of their actions. Hell, they don't even have the intelligence to write legislation. They use proforma templates from CPAC and the Heritage Institute to write their proposed bills.

As states pass abortion bans more and more companies will leave those states. Even the US military has expressed concern. Employment opportunities and even wages will be depressed in states that ban abortion. Like the so-called bathroom bill in NC, passed by the legislature but quickly rescinded after corporate backlash from everyone between the NCAA and Coke, these abortion bans are going to have immediate and real effects on a state's attractiveness to corporate and private entities.

Besides, this Indiania ban is a pussy ban. Exceptions for rape and incest? Why? Obviously it is OK to kill a fetus, the argument is what conditions warrant it. As I have stated before, I am all for a ban on abortion, as long as there is one exception--the life of the mother. And even that exception is subject to critical review. Low life drug addict high school dropout mother, nope, sorry, the "state" believes there is more potential with the new child. You lose. You can die and we will place the child with more promising parents.

Do the states get to decide? What about travel restrictions that harken us back to the days of the fugitive slave laws?

Contrasting Kansas and Indiania is a lesson in the real problem with American politics today. It not about the will of the people, it is about the ability of state legislators to manipulate the system, maintain power, and serve their masters. By design, the state legislatures control the political power of this country. That is the way the founders wanted it. But they never expected it to morph into what it has become today. Gerrymandering, voting restrictions, and usurping the control of local governments for issues ranging from mask mandates to school curriculums.

Look at who these state legislators really are. For the most part, they are not impressive people. They have shallow resumes, little education, and more than a few are real nutcases. Institutions like CPAC and the Heartland Institute have seized on their weaknesses and utilized their manipulation to perpetuate an agenda that is the antithesis of democracy. But there is hope.

I have no doubt, the governor's office here in North Carolina has already contacted Lilly. Cooper doesn't play. And what Lilly says is indicative of the bigger problem for those red state renegade legislatures. The legislators don't have the intelligence to understand the ramifications of their actions. Hell, they don't even have the intelligence to write legislation. They use proforma templates from CPAC and the Heritage Institute to write their proposed bills.

As states pass abortion bans more and more companies will leave those states. Even the US military has expressed concern. Employment opportunities and even wages will be depressed in states that ban abortion. Like the so-called bathroom bill in NC, passed by the legislature but quickly rescinded after corporate backlash from everyone between the NCAA and Coke, these abortion bans are going to have immediate and real effects on a state's attractiveness to corporate and private entities.

Besides, this Indiania ban is a pussy ban. Exceptions for rape and incest? Why? Obviously it is OK to kill a fetus, the argument is what conditions warrant it. As I have stated before, I am all for a ban on abortion, as long as there is one exception--the life of the mother. And even that exception is subject to critical review. Low life drug addict high school dropout mother, nope, sorry, the "state" believes there is more potential with the new child. You lose. You can die and we will place the child with more promising parents.
WTF? I stand by my most.
Not sure how you got all of that from a simple post? :rolleyes-41:

1. Red States have been gaining population and companies, not losing them.

2. New abortion restrictions are constantly misrepresented as to their actual provisions and practice.

3. I agree that exceptions for rape and incest are not justified unless the victim has been forcibly prevented from complying with whatever time restrictions may otherwise exist, and definitely not after fetal viability outside the womb.

4. The life of the mother exception should be limited to imminent life-threatening medical conditions, not mental health claims.

1. Red States have been gaining population and companies, not losing them.

2. New abortion restrictions are constantly misrepresented as to their actual provisions and practice.

3. I agree that exceptions for rape and incest are not justified unless the victim has been forcibly prevented from complying with whatever time restrictions may otherwise exist, and definitely not after fetal viability outside the womb.

4. The life of the mother exception should be limited to imminent life-threatening medical conditions, not mental health claims.
I believe only Texas and Florida but I could be wrong.

Yep, I have a thought God bless Indiana for reducing thenumber of little tiny souls that find their way up to Heaven in spite of not having a funeral, no one to mourn their cancelled gifts to this earth that might include the joy of life mankind was given with Adam and Eve, which they themselves cancelled by disobedience to the Almighty. I picture those 70,000,000 (seventy million) aborted babies so mommy wouldn't lose face, mommy wouldn't have to smell dirty diaper changes, so mommy could go to the workplace and cancel out a man's opportunity to have a job to support his family's traditional needs, etc. I think a D & C to remove a dead fetus for medical reasons to the health of the mother and a few other life-and-death issues are reasonable with the mother making the final decision. A life that is formed in the womb has sacred rights. Each state region now has the choice of yes or no on abortion. I personally believe that what God has made should not be torn asunder by clawing assassinations.

Forum List

Back