India will be the most populous country in 2038

Its also interesting how Indias population is so big when the Indian families I met have not really been that large, whereas Hispanic families in the US are pretty big but not even close to a billion yet.

Well, most of the Indians in the US are Middle Class or higher. While in India they're mostly rural and 75% live on less than $2/day. Educated middle class don't have as many kids as poor and rural.

Good point.

This blanket bashing of India is what I was referring to, you stupid son of a bitch.

It's funny how the clueless resort right away to name calling when they can't come up with an intelligent reply. You have proven yourself to be unworthy of my time. You obviously support India and their backward ass ways of doing things, which is very likely why you haven't countered with anything except name calling. Have a good day and I really hope that attitude of yours serves you well.

What the fuck have you "come up with" other than a blanket bashing of the country? Were you really so badly abused during all the many years you lived there?

I have been to India more than once, I still have a valid visa to travel there and will likely go again in the next year. Yes it is a backward place, water is scarce, they build things haphazardly all over the place, it's crowded, it's dirty, their standards of cleanliness leave a lot to be desired... And yes the head bobbing thing they do when you talk to them is kinda funny.

BUT....

I have met some of the nicest people there. I have some very good friends there. They do have some qualities that would serve some of us well in our culture. But yeah, they got issues and will continue to have issues.

Expecting them to adopt Western culture is absurd, they were occupied by the United Kingdom for how long??? Did that change their culture? Maybe a lil' bit, but for the most part, NO....

What we as citizens of the world have to do is get used to the fact that people are different and it doesn't matter why they are different, it doesn't make them wrong or bad, or stupid. It's just the way it is.

Mutual respect can go a long ways towards civility in this world.

I have been to India more than once, I still have a valid visa to travel there and will likely go again in the next year. Yes it is a backward place, water is scarce, they build things haphazardly all over the place, it's crowded, it's dirty, their standards of cleanliness leave a lot to be desired... And yes the head bobbing thing they do when you talk to them is kinda funny.

BUT....

I have met some of the nicest people there. I have some very good friends there. They do have some qualities that would serve some of us well in our culture. But yeah, they got issues and will continue to have issues.

Expecting them to adopt Western culture is absurd, they were occupied by the United Kingdom for how long??? Did that change their culture? Maybe a lil' bit, but for the most part, NO....

What we as citizens of the world have to do is get used to the fact that people are different and it doesn't matter why they are different, it doesn't make them wrong or bad, or stupid. It's just the way it is.

Mutual respect can go a long ways towards civility in this world.

Good post sir.

I've also been to India, but in a different capacity than Sub. I am not bashing all Indians, as I do know some that are rather nice people. But there is a large Indian population where I live and with the exception of the Indian women, the majority of the men are absolute assholes.

My dealings with them in an IT environment are quite different than yours may be Sub. Again, I've found most (again, the women for the most part tend to be quite nice) to be rude and arrogant and unwilling to take responsibility for anything. They throw each other under the bus so often it's hard to get to the bottom of anything. The ones I dealt with destroy the rental units they stay in while in the US and skip out owning thousands in rent. Again, this isn't all of them, but it was certainly the majority that I had dealings with.

As far as western culture, I didn't say they need to adopt our culture. I said they need to adopt western business practices. I have no problem with someone hanging onto their culture as long as that culture doesn't include criminal or uncivil acts against others, but it is not a secret that in India women are treated more like animals than humans. Not singling India out in this respect, as there are many places where the same shit goes on, but the thread happens to be about India.

But there is a large Indian population where I live and with the exception of the Indian women, the majority of the men are absolute assholes.

Here we go. Now we start getting to the source of someone's abused ego...as expected...

But there is a large Indian population where I live and with the exception of the Indian women, the majority of the men are absolute assholes.

Here we go. Now we start getting to the source of someone's abused ego...as expected...

Ya know something there Unk, I don't think I've seen you inject anything of any substance into any of this. I'm starting to wonder if you and Kosherbitch aren't the same person.

Ya know something there Unk, I don't think I've seen you inject anything of any substance into any of this. I'm starting to wonder if you and Kosherbitch aren't the same person.

In fact, after reading through some of your posts I haven't seen you inject much of anything into most of the threads. Now I certainly haven't gone through all of your 9000+ posts, but based on what I have read of them I'd say you're more of a post whore than anything.

China is actually running right into the teeth of a declining population trend that will create all sorts of issues to be dealt with. India will experience the same in due course.

True in many senses! They will have 1 female for every 10 males and that spread could grow to 1 for every 20! That is going to be a lot of male adults not having children! After that they are going to have a aging population supported by a much smaller young population. That is a receipe for disaster. Not sure how they could avoid death panels!

However, what is their alternative? Populate until they use up ALL of their natural resources? They are between a rock and a hard place!

Note: India is having a similar toss out the girls for the boys population trend!

I read this somewhere, and I guess it's going to happen, so...

What do you think, a great assett to world economy or a catastrophe for the environment?

Whether or not India ill be a great asset for the World Economy remains to be seen.

I prefer their rise over red agitators China and Russia (both embraced free markets, but both are neither friend nor direct enemy of the US)!

I don't think Nigeria will bump up to #3! They are headed towards a bloody genocidal civil war based on secular lines. They have a slight Christian major and billigerent Muslim minority, that continues to slaugher inncoent Christian civilians. It won't be long before it falls into civil war. When that happens, women and children population usually fall far!

From the Population Reference Bureau 2011 Data Sheet

Most Populous Countries 2011:

China 1,346,000,000
India 1,241,000,000
United States 312,000,000
Indonesia 238,000,000
Brazil 197,000,000
Pakistan 177,000,000
Nigeria 162,000,000
Bangladesh 151,000,000
Russia 143,000,000
Japan 128,000,000

Most Populous Counties 2050:

India 1,692,000,000
China 1,313,000,000
Nigeria 433,000,000
United States 423,000,000
Pakistan 314,000,000
Indonesia 309,000,000
Bangladesh 226,000,000
Brazil 223,000,000
Ethiopia 174,000,000
Philippines 150,000,000

Have you spoken to your therapist about your pain?

In fact, after reading through some of your posts I haven't seen you inject much of anything into most of the threads. Now I certainly haven't gone through all of your 9000+ posts, but based on what I have read of them I'd say you're more of a post whore than anything.

Do you think I might be Indian? Does that frighten you, little one?

Not at all. In fact, if you are then you are certainly giving me more ammunition for my assertions.

Not at all. In fact, if you are then you are certainly giving me more ammunition for my assertions.

You're scared, I can tell. Are the painful memories flooding back? Focus, focus, find your happy place.....

It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXpRn8uFL8]Good Will Hunting - It's Not Your Fault - Best Cry Ever - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back