In the market for a new CC ....

Ellipsis

Oct 21, 2014
I've carried the Smith & Wesson 642 for years and have tried a couple compact autos like the Beretta Nano...but the itch is back and since Liberals haven't restricted the number of guns I can own yet, I'm in the market for another.

Here's one that caught my eye, what do you think?

Last edited:
It's still just a pistol.
A Concealed Carry permit only regards pistols so yeah, it's still a pistol.

I would love to CC a Short Barrel Rifle but concealed carry permits don't cover rifles of any kind.

I pack a zf1, myself.

Concealed Carry permits of some states don't cover Class-3 machienguns, so even if I had an NFA tax stamp for a ZF1 made before 1987 I still run the risk of being charged with a feloney.....and that's assuming one could conceal a ZF1 in the first place.

...not even touching the paperwork required for the "distructive devices", "guided munitions" and "launch munitions" included in the ZF1; to rich for my blood.

It's an interesting design concept I'll give it that. If I wanted to carry a revolver, it would be a good choice, IMO.
I currently carry a Kel Tek P3AT. It is the slimmest gun I've found, it is rust proof, light weight and has a long pull. I have no real desire to carry anything else. It's perfect.

He mentioned the 9mm Kel Tek, mine is the 380. He didn't like the trigger and I agree that it makes it hard to shoot but it also makes it the best gun to carry. I can put it in my pocket even with change, keys, whatever, and it isn't going to accidentally go off. I eventually got used to the trigger and am pretty accurate with it. It's slim, lightweight, rust proof, reliable, and you won't accidentally shoot yourself with it. What's not to love?

He mentioned the 9mm Kel Tek, mine is the 380. He didn't like the trigger and I agree that it makes it hard to shoot but it also makes it the best gun to carry. I can put it in my pocket even with change, keys, whatever, and it isn't going to accidentally go off. I eventually got used to the trigger and am pretty accurate with it. It's slim, lightweight, rust proof, reliable, and you won't accidentally shoot yourself with it. What's not to love?
I didn't agree with him on the Kel Tek either. I like the heavier trigger pull because it means I can horse around with the kids and not worry.

I didn't agree with him on the Kel Tek either. I like the heavier trigger pull because it means I can horse around with the kids and not worry.

Ever since I saw that yesterday I've been thinking of upgrading to the 9mm. If it's the same profile and weight, why have a 380 when you can have a 9mm?

Uh what? Guns aren't for "horsing around"

Ever since I saw that yesterday I've been thinking of upgrading to the 9mm. If it's the same profile and weight, why have a 380 when you can have a 9mm?

Product Smith Wesson M P Compact .40 S W

I think the carry piece depends on the weather. I carry a .380 pocket pistol in shorts and T shirt weather, 9mm in cover shirt or light jacket weather, and a 1911 in .45 in heavy jacket weather. If nothing else it gave me a reason to explain to the wife why additional purchases were necessary.

I think the carry piece depends on the weather. I carry a .380 pocket pistol in shorts and T shirt weather, 9mm in cover shirt or light jacket weather, and a 1911 in .45 in heavy jacket weather. If nothing else it gave me a reason to explain to the wife why additional purchases were necessary.

Awesome in both a practical and comedic sense!

Forum List

Back