In the long run, with the #MeToo movement hurt women's careers?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

This could undo a lot of progress women have made in the workplace.

The downside of the #MeToo movement starting to dawn on women

Last edited:
My uncle said he wont hire women anymore. Said that last week.

I think so, yes, because the new rule is that women are believed, even when there isn't a shred of evidence, and men's careers are being destroyed based only on unproven accusations.

So men are going to be extra careful around women, and that may mean women will NOT be hired, women will NOT be promoted, and women will NOT be mentored by male bosses.

Sexual harassment doesn't usually leave physical evidence. It is always about evaluating the honesty of the people involved and looking at the situations. I'm sure every one of the men that was let go had a careful evaluation of what happened. If more than one accusation of similar behavior has occurred, it should be taken into account, too. A pattern could be in evidence.

So nice try, but I think women are going to continue to come forward and speak up, as long as they are supported in their efforts. Most people investigating these kind of claims are savvy enough to spot a liar. This is not criminal law where you need DNA or an eye witness.

Yup. Sure will. No one will want to meet with them, talk to them or anything.

Well, if he acts like you, I can see why. Wise move.
I dont act like anything at the workplace, actually. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean... its like part of your character :dunno:
He just dont want some bitter twat suing him for an employee saying he wants to take her out on a date or something.

I dont act like anything at the workplace, actually. Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean... its like part of your character :dunno:
He just dont want some bitter twat suing him for an employee saying he wants to take her out on a date or something.

You trying to say all you do at work is work? You some kind of radical?

What is there for women to fear unless men are INTENT on sexually harassing them.

Don't get all huffy, TN. You've made a Big Deal of defending how wild and crazy men and women are with each other and how the President's bragging about shit on the bus is NORMAL. Hence my comment.
I'll admit that 98% of the time you are a pretty respectful young man, as far as that stuff goes.

Don't get all huffy, TN. You've made a Big Deal of defending how wild and crazy men and women are with each other and how the President's bragging about shit on the bus is NORMAL. Hence my comment.
I'll admit that 98% of the time you are a pretty respectful young man, as far as that stuff goes.
Bragging IS normal. Everyone knows that. Even chicks do it. Prudes dont.

This article showed up and I for one will be one of those pedestrians that will walk on by. I am fully qualified in CPR but wont even take the chance on being accused of sexual impropriety. Women are going to die from their own stupidity.

Women less likely than men to get CPR from bystanders: study
“It can be kind of daunting thinking about pushing hard and fast on the centre of a woman’s chest” and some people may fear they are hurting her, said Audrey Blewer, a University of Pennsylvania researcher who led the study.

He has a problem with sexual harassment?
Lol
He just dont want to mess with it. He has been keeping up with all this crap going on and he realizes half of it is malarkey. I guess he would rather not take a chance.
Be weird having a dude dress like a lady at the receptionist desk though lol

Yup. Sure will. No one will want to meet with them, talk to them or anything.
Only those men who apparently don't know how to behave around women.......

Forum List

Back