In Texas, the new speed limit is 85 mph

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Texas Toll Road Could Have 85MPH Speed Limit « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

How do you go from high speed limits to no safety regulations to no regulations on bankers and investors?

Hmmm.......one cannot move from speed limits to financial regulation without a few twists & turns.:lol: I do think 85 mph is WAY too high, but I am not adept at spacial recognition, do not know the geographic locales, nor the type of traffic and vehicles in the areas. I'd avoid them.

I do think 85 mph is WAY too high,

In an urban area, yes, but once you get into the rural countryside or desert where it's pretty much flat and sparsely populated there really isn't much reason for a speed limit at all, in my opinion. Montana had no official speed limit for a few years after the 55 MPH federal limit was repealed in 1994.

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

It's so intelligent people can leave the shit hole as rapidly as possible when they wise up.

Texas is a 'shithole'? Really?

Yes. Really.

I'm a conservative. My sources tell me the best usage of gasoline is 55mph, so I plan longer times getting to where I'm going. I didn't drive 75mph when that was posted, and I'm certainly not handing over the gasoline companies more of my money by driving the idiotic speed of 85mph. I don't think those who weave in and around other cars on both sides with a telephone cradled between their shoulder and ear can cope with that kind of speed limit, either.

My Texas road map book is starting to tatter. Think I better get a new one and start taking the back roads where speeds of 60 or less are posted. It's pretty when you drive through Hill Country.

If they put 85 on toll roads, I'll never take another.

Rdean must lead a very tortured life in order to just sit around and worry about the speed limit of a state he will most likely never drive in. :lol: :cuckoo:
Rdean spends his sad little life thinking up bad things about conservatives. It doesn't have to be much, just drip, drip, drip.

Maybe this will thin out stupid texicans some.

Plus they must like buying $3+ gas.

Last edited:

Maybe this will thin out stupid texicans some.

Plus they must like buying $3+ gas.
Oh, my, now the dripping has harmony. :lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQsDidLHUME]Percolator - Billy Joe and the Checkmates - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back