In Texas, the new speed limit is 85 mph

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Texas Toll Road Could Have 85MPH Speed Limit « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

Good. The faster to get thru if I have to take that route.

OMG dean, 85 on an interstate, maybe no speed limit. OMG how will we survive! It's that slipery slope to freedom, man liberals hate that.

Wow, I'm surprised there are any Germans left on the planet because they go really fast on the autobahns. They must be crazy Republicans there.

I think Texas just wants the illegals to be able to leave the state as fast as possible. Wasn't that the claim from the administration, that they were leaving in droves because of the bad economy? I suppose they've turned around and came back though, since the economy is so peachy these days.

I think liberals like making so many laws to ensure that more people break them and have to pay fines. They need our money to redistribute for their assinine programs.

Stossel did a show on the excessive laws. It's likely most of us have broken some stupid law and they are always making more, like NJ fining people up to $1,000 if their dog isn't wearing a seatbelt.

You're right, buckeye, about liberals freaking out when people have freedoms. Can't control free people and that is bad for them.

I remember the day when not only did the dogs ride in an open pickup, so did we children. How did we survive with no laws against that?

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

Stay out of Texas dipshit. Problem solved. You're welcome. :)

Texans will be most obliged.

It's so intelligent people can leave the shit hole as rapidly as possible when they wise up.

Whats the point. At that rate of speed, why have any limit? Imagine how fast they'll suck up their gas. Well the car crashes will now be alot more fun to see pictures of. Should be a hoot.

I would make a special trip to Texas just to do 85 except I was doing 95 on 95-south on the way home about an hour ago. Dang V-8 won't go slow.

May as well. Most people drive that fast on those roads anyway. And when you have lots of road to cover with little settlements, i dont see a problem with that.

It's so intelligent people can leave the shit hole as rapidly as possible when they wise up.

Texas is a 'shithole'? Really?

Texas is a 'shithole'? Really?

She doesnt like all the latinos

This is a good thing.

Road travelers shouldn't have to spend any more time in that barren wasteland than they have to.

Transportation officials in Texas are testing a new 41-mile segment of highway to see whether it would be safe to post the state's first 85 mph speed limit, setting it on a path to have the highest posted speed limit in the U.S.

The Texas Department of Transportation is considering the move on a portion of state Highway 130 that would run north-south between Austin and Seguin, a town just east of San Antonio, spokesman Mark Cross said Thursday.

The agency is looking at the toll road's topography, checking what speed most drivers are traveling on existing parts of the highway and ensuring the access points and cross-sections would still be safe with an 85 mph speed limit, Cross said.

First, it will only be for 41 miles.
Second, it will be on a toll road.
Third, it will be for those idiots to get out of Austin as quickly as possible to get to Fiesta Texas.
Fourth, "Break a leg". No, scratch that. Break your body into many little pieces when you hit a feral hog at that speed (85 legal + the 10 that is automatically tacked on in Texas.

People already drive 90 in Texas.
Glad it's legal now

Millions of taxpayer dollars will be spent to replace the 80 mph signs with 85 mph signs.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars.

How about it, Republicans? How many of you are in favor of increasing safety regulations for cars?

Abolish the EPA.

Republicans? All in favor of the EPA, please step forward.

Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors.

Yo - Repubs! Let's see the hands of all Republicans who are in favor of regulations on bankers and investors. Hello?

Instead, limit how much people can sue.

Can we all say tort reform? All Republicans who oppose tort reform, please stand over here on the right . . .

See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

Get your Republican bumper stickers right here: "Ive Got Mine - Screw You!"

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars.

How about it, Republicans? How many of you are in favor of increasing safety regulations for cars?

Abolish the EPA.

Republicans? All in favor of the EPA, please step forward.

Yo - Repubs! Let's see the hands of all Republicans who are in favor of regulations on bankers and investors. Hello?

Instead, limit how much people can sue.

Can we all say tort reform? All Republicans who oppose tort reform, please stand over here on the right . . .

See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

Get your Republican bumper stickers right here: "Ive Got Mine - Screw You!"

Cars are pretty damned safe.

ABS brakes.
Air bags up the wazoo
Compartmentalized "crumple" zones
Hands-free communications
Navigation
What more you want nut sack?

Millions of taxpayer dollars will be spent to replace the 80 mph signs with 85 mph signs.

Millions of the Taxpayer's dollars will remain in the Taxpayer's pockets for getting less speeding tickets.

Forum List

Back