In Texas, the new speed limit is 85 mph

I've actually noticed a decrease in the number of drivers doing 80+ on I-95 here in Florida. I believe it is because of fuel savings realized by going slower.

The idea that raising speed limits results in an increase in freedom is really dumb, though.
It's do-able for flatlanders. RPM is the bottom line.An engine consumes per RPM.
You can go 100mph if the final ratio is say 2.20/1. That requires a transmission capable of keeping a small engine in it's torque range to go from zero to ??? ( why electric is better).

Good. Everyone does 90 anyway from El Paso to San Antonio. Western states all have high speed limits. Montana's posted limit used to read: Be reasonable and prudent.

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Texas Toll Road Could Have 85MPH Speed Limit « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

Stay out of Texas dipshit. Problem solved. You're welcome. :)

Good. Everyone does 90 anyway from El Paso to San Antonio. Western states all have high speed limits. Montana's posted limit used to read: Be reasonable and prudent.

85 to 90 is quite common here in KC and the posted limit is 65/70

Doing the speed limit is rare. If you do you feel like your sitting still as everyone goes by. Of course rush hour has a speed of about 10 lol

The Nanny/Police Staters are gonna be very pissy over this one. Should be fun watchin em freak.

I can't keep it secret anymore

Gunny told me that USMB pays Rdean to post here to make Libs look like complete fucking idiots

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

How do you go from high speed limits to no safety regulations to no regulations on bankers and investors?

Caddyshack - Ty Webb Zen Putting video by afflex - Photobucket

It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine....

What would a day like without a retarded rdean thread?

Since standard speed on the tollway during rush hour in Houston is about 80 anyway......

Forum List

Back