In Texas, the new speed limit is 85 mph

R

rdean

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Texas Toll Road Could Have 85MPH Speed Limit « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

The proposed increase was made possible when the Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1201, last year. The bill allows TxDOT to establish speeds of up to 85 mph on certain highways. The previous maximum speed limit in Texas was 80 mph.

Remember when I was saying Republicans want to get rid of speed limits? How many called me a liar. Well, there's the first step.

Next, get rid of those cumbersome and expensive safety regulations for cars. We need to elect plenty of Republicans. Abolish the EPA. Get rid of regulations on bankers and investors. Instead, limit how much people can sue. See, it's not getting rid of regulations, but shifting them to protect the truly deserving, like millionaires and billionaires.

How do you go from high speed limits to no safety regulations to no regulations on bankers and investors?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPSxd_j7Lqg&feature=related]'71 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

If ya got em smoke em..!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltZpZZMBbDg]Twin Diesel Dragster Burnouts - YouTube[/ame]

OMG dean, 85 on an interstate, maybe no speed limit. OMG how will we survive! It's that slipery slope to freedom, man liberals hate that.

Wow, I'm surprised there are any Germans left on the planet because they go really fast on the autobahns. They must be crazy Republicans there.

I think Texas just wants the illegals to be able to leave the state as fast as possible. Wasn't that the claim from the administration, that they were leaving in droves because of the bad economy? I suppose they've turned around and came back though, since the economy is so peachy these days.

I think liberals like making so many laws to ensure that more people break them and have to pay fines. They need our money to redistribute for their assinine programs.

Stossel did a show on the excessive laws. It's likely most of us have broken some stupid law and they are always making more, like NJ fining people up to $1,000 if their dog isn't wearing a seatbelt.

You're right, buckeye, about liberals freaking out when people have freedoms. Can't control free people and that is bad for them.

Last edited:
Libs are just pissy their electric buzz mobiles wont be able to keep up.

What's the big deal? Most of the time when I'm on the interstate I go 80 and am usually passed by people going 85 or 90. Cops rarely ticket below 90 anyways...

So finally they are bringing speed limits up to something comparable to here in Europe. Good for them.

Believe it or not, there are still speed limits in Texas.

Believe it or not, there are still speed limits in Texas.

Fucking democrats! Democracy is dead! :lol:

How do you go from high speed limits to no safety regulations to no regulations on bankers and investors?

Heavy use of hallucinogens.

So finally they are bringing speed limits up to something comparable to here in Europe. Good for them.

The difference being that European roads are built to a high-speed standard. In the US, not so much.

I've actually noticed a decrease in the number of drivers doing 80+ on I-95 here in Florida. I believe it is because of fuel savings realized by going slower.

The idea that raising speed limits results in an increase in freedom is really dumb, though.

Forum List

Back