In Syria, war is woven into childhood

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Pity these poor children. What a life they are growing up in!!!

In Syria, war is woven into childhood

Smooth-cheeked child soldiers hold rifles in a land where cemeteries fill with tiny graves and kids pretend to dodge sniper bullets for fun.

Raja Abdulrahim
April 24, 2014, 3:00 a.m.
Reporting from ALEPPO, Syria—

The baby-faced boy waited patiently for his turn at the small ice cream shop, his Kalashnikov balanced precariously over his shoulder. The rifle was pointed down and his hand occasionally cupped the muzzle, far from the proper way to carry a gun.

He stood just a few inches taller than the wafer cones stacked high on the side of the freezer. When it was finally his turn, he ordered cherry and pistachio ice cream in a waffle cone.

His soft, light brown hair was mostly pulled back by a green-and-black kaffiyeh, revealing a pre-pubescent face without even a hint of facial hair. He said he was a fighter with the Suqoor al Sham group, a member of the Islamic Front, and fought on the front lines nearby.

Read more at:

In Syria, war is woven into childhood - latimes.com

Middle East is the worst place on earth to live in.

I think central Africa is worse.

There certainly are a lot of terrible places around the world. I think Nigeria is pretty bad now what with that extremist group Boko Haram operating, killing many Christians. I also feel for the Shis and Ahmadiyya in Pakistan where the Sunnis are busy car and suicide bombing them because of their sect. It's a shame that this isn't a world where people can have tolerance for the religious beliefs of others. As long as your neighbor isn't out to harm you, why should you care what religion he is?

Gaza concentration camp has to be the worst place in the world to live.

The innocent citizens are terrorized by the IDF with bombs and missiles day and night.

And Israel is continually cutting off the people food and water supply. ... :doubt:

Middle East is the worst place on earth to live in.

I think central Africa is worse.

There certainly are a lot of terrible places around the world. I think Nigeria is pretty bad now what with that extremist group Boko Haram operating, killing many Christians. I also feel for the Shis and Ahmadiyya in Pakistan where the Sunnis are busy car and suicide bombing them because of their sect. It's a shame that this isn't a world where people can have tolerance for the religious beliefs of others. As long as your neighbor isn't out to harm you, why should you care what religion he is?

Speaking of which, how come the world doesn't mention the 200+ poor girls who were abducted in Nigeria by Boko Haram? anyone condemned this, like the condemn the Israeli settler extending a balcony in Samaria?:doubt:

My heard goes to the children of Syria....

Forum List

Back