In my town you need a photo ID to get a library card!!. But not to vote.

No RWnut can be trusted to honor such a bet. Sorry.
Especially someone as filled with hate as Flagg.

Another gutless Liberal unwilling to make it then blames not doing it on speculation that the other guy won't pay.
Some of us have common sense.

And people like you are gutless cowards using excuses to try and hide it.
You insults prove that you have nothing intelligent to say.

It's not an insult when it's true.

Your avatar shows you're nothing more than a tree hugging moron.

lol, conservatives making pre-excuses for the possibility that the GOP does not win the Senate has reached the frenzy level.

Still time to take my bet.....I'm not making excuses for a damned thing. The Senate will be taken EASILY. Not too late, skippy....You want a chance at the title? They lose and I leave. They win and you are gone from this place forever. WELL?

Another gutless Liberal unwilling to make it then blames not doing it on speculation that the other guy won't pay.

It's not you butthead.

I didn't realize it was your constitutional right to check out a book, it is however, your constitutional right to vote.

HAHAHA. There is no constitutional right to vote, you fool. Maybe there should be but there isn't. THINK

You are a miserable little turd.

Scholars and courts often note that the Constitution nowhere says, "All individuals have the right to vote." It simply rules out specific limitations on "the right to vote." A right not guaranteed in affirmative terms isn't really a "right" in a fundamental sense, this reading suggests.

But if the Constitution has to say "here is a specific right and we now guarantee that right to every person," there are almost no rights in the Constitution. Linguistically, our Constitution is more in the rights-preserving than in the right-proclaiming business. The First Amendment doesn't say "every person has the right to free speech and free exercise of religion." In the Second, the right to "keep and bear arms" isn't defined, but rather shall not be "abridged." In the Fourth, "[t]he right of the people to be secure ... against unreasonable searches and seizures" isn't defined, but instead "shall not be violated." In the Seventh, "the right of (civil) trial by jury" -- whatever that is -- "shall be preserved." And so on.

In those terms, it ought to mean something that the right to vote is singled out more often than any other. Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment imposes a penalty upon states that deny or abridge "the right to vote at any [federal or state] election ... to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, ... except for participation in rebellion, or other crime." The Fifteenth states that "[t]he right of citizens of the United States to vote" can't be abridged by race; the Nineteenth says that the same right can't be abridged by sex; the Twenty-Fourth says that "the right of citizens of the United States to vote" in federal elections can't be blocked by a poll tax; and the Twenty-Sixth protects "[t]he right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote."

So if our courts treat the ballot as less than a fundamental right, they aren't reading that in the Constitution, but projecting it onto the Constitution.

Voting Right or Privilege - The Atlantic

I didn't realize it was your constitutional right to check out a book, it is however, your constitutional right to vote.

HAHAHA. There is no constitutional right to vote, you fool. Maybe there should be but there isn't. THINK

On what basis can you be denied the right to vote?

Depends on the state. I moved in October, 2010. My state requires a 30 day prior to election registration. I missed the cut off. Since the state didn't keep me from voting based on Constitutional provisions related to race, age, and gender, I couldn't vote as I moved into different voting districts.

I know you won't understand how that works. I bet you think the 15th, 19th, and 26th Amendment are actually what gave blacks, women, and 18 year olds the right to vote.

Apple's and oranges. Voting is a right and checking out materials paid for by public funds is a privilege. Next false equivalency please.

Depends on the state. I moved in October, 2010. My state requires a 30 day prior to election registration. I missed the cut off. Since the state didn't keep me from voting based on Constitutional provisions related to race, age, and gender, I couldn't vote as I moved into different voting districts.

I know you won't understand how that works. I bet you think the 15th, 19th, and 26th Amendment are actually what gave blacks, women, and 18 year olds the right to vote.

I know I have a right to vote. Yes those amendments prove a right to vote.

Putting conditions on the right to vote doesn't mean it isn't a right, any more than putting conditions on buying or owning a gun doesn't mean there isn't a right to bear arms.

Here's the requirement for getting a library card where I live:

Applicants must present identification before being issued a library card. Parents or guardians of children age 5 – 15 years must present proof of address on their behalf. The most appropriate form of identification is a New York State driver’s license. Also accepted will be a NYS auto registration, a personal checkbook with printed current address, a letter postmarked to one’s current address, or another official document with one’s current name and address.

As you see, numerous acceptable ID's are not photo ID's.

Now let the OP prove his public library is different.

Applicants must present identification before being issued a library card. Parents or guardians of children age 5 – 15 years must present proof of address on their behalf. The most appropriate form of identification is a New York State driver’s license. Also accepted will be a NYS auto registration, a personal checkbook with printed current address, a letter postmarked to one’s current address, or another official document with one’s current name and address.

Don't indulge him. Voting is a right, checking out materials paid for with public funds is a privilege.

Don't indulge him. Voting is a right, checking out materials paid for with public funds is a privilege.

Just posting here is indulging these people, but it's bad habit hard to break.

A number of states don't let convicted felons vote. Any felony will do. Some 20 year ago pot felony conviction and you can't vote. Very common. And that's for citizens!!

Of course non-citizens are not allowed to vote either but obozo doesn't enforce those laws and so they do.

Where does the OP live? I don't believe that a photo ID is required for a library card. Proof please

they are required for bare foot, mouth breathing, knuckle dragging idiots ONLY.

A number of states don't let convicted felons vote. Any felony will do. Some 20 year ago pot felony conviction and you can't vote. Very common. And that's for citizens!!

Of course non-citizens are not allowed to vote either but obozo doesn't enforce those laws and so they do.

You can deny felons gun ownership too, that doesn't mean there's no such thing as gun rights.

Name your library. That doesn't reveal your identity, so no violation of the rules here..

Name your library.

Still time to take my bet.....I'm not making excuses for a damned thing. The Senate will be taken EASILY. Not too late, skippy....You want a chance at the title? They lose and I leave. They win and you are gone from this place forever. WELL?

It's not you butthead.
Thank you for proving my point, now run along and let the adults talk.

And people like you are gutless cowards using excuses to try and hide it.
You insults prove that you have nothing intelligent to say.

It's not an insult when it's true.

Your avatar shows you're nothing more than a tree hugging moron.
How is this the symbol of a tree hugger? You are really desperate.

Forum List

Back