In Karachi, crime leaves few families untouched

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine living in a city like this. I am sure most of us thought Detroit was bad, but it looks like this one leads the lists in being the most dangerous.

In Karachi, crime leaves few families untouched

Karachi is Pakistan's economic hub and also its crime capital. If you haven't been kidnapped, you've probably been mugged.
By Mark Magnier

November 12, 2013, 3:00 a.m.

When the gunmen slid in the back seat behind Saad Qaimkhani and his friend, the college student thought they were after his cellphone, or maybe the car. Then the men told them to drive.

Almost all private cars in this shoot-'em-up city have an embedded device that allows a security company to lock the engine of a stolen vehicle remotely. In this case, though, when a bystander alerted the security company and the car came to a standstill, the thugs ordered the young men into another car and drove them around Karachi to make sure they weren't being tailed.

That's when Qaimkhani knew for sure: He was being kidnapped.

Continue reading at:

In Karachi, Pakistan, few families are untouched by crime - latimes.com

in karachi you can't be sure whether you will arrive home alive or dead

Well, I visited that city, these activities in just few areas ... not in whole Karachi. and If you talking about media and news?? they are just focusing to show Karachi bad as they can... Don't believe on media stories...

Well, I visited that city, these activities in just few areas ... not in whole Karachi. and If you talking about media and news?? they are just focusing to show Karachi bad as they can... Don't believe on media stories...

Yes, everyone, don't believe media stories even when the reporter is actually present and he is interviewing people who live there. Maybe this particular poster would like to tell us how it is in Lahore or one of the other cities which he has visited or lived in.

then why Pakistan is the most dangerous place for journalists and reporters?

Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, Harlem in NYC, are far more dangerous places.......especially if you are a white person. ... :eek:

I hope you don't mind if I take that reporter's words for Karachi. When you are able to visit Karachi and interview people who live there, why not then come back and show us some comparisons?

since war against terror Pakistan has lost 80 reporters / journalists most were from karachi

ok now you tell me you don't believe on what media shows you but you also don't believe in death?

then why Pakistan is the most dangerous place for journalists and reporters?

Have you ever thought that there are some journalists who are brave enough to go into dangerous places? There are many dangerous places in the world today, like Iraq where suicide and car bombings seem like a daily occurrence, and yet there are reporters on the ground there. You, yourself, must be very brave if you visited Karachi since you said that Pakistan is dangerous to reporters. If it is dangerous to reporters, it must surely be dangerous to visitors also.

since war against terror Pakistan has lost 80 reporters / journalists most were from karachi

ok now you tell me you don't believe on what media shows you but you also don't believe in death?

You don't have to believe what the media says if it doesn't suit what you believe. Of course reporters have died as you said which proves Karachi is very dangerous. It appears that all of Pakistan seems to be dangerous what with the Sunnis busy car and suicide bombing the Shia. Are you from Pakistan or some country in that region?

i am proud Pakistani but different than other most pathetic lair pakis i speak truth

showing reality to the world

and no doubt Pakistan is dangerous place as if you are wealthy and financially stable person your kid or you could get kidnapped.. or killed...

now it may surprises you that in Lahore city kidnapping rate has increased over the past few years...

now you'll say people get kidnapped in new York too right?

i am proud Pakistani but different than other most pathetic lair pakis i speak truth

showing reality to the world

and no doubt Pakistan is dangerous place as if you are wealthy and financially stable person your kid or you could get kidnapped.. or killed...

now it may surprises you that in Lahore city kidnapping rate has increased over the past few years...

now you'll say people get kidnapped in new York too right?

People get kidnapped all over the world. Now if you didn't like the article about Karachi, you certainly are free to not show us an article by another reporter on the ground there saying that Karachi is really a very nice safe place according to the people he has interviewed.

Majority of Pakistanis consider themselves middle eastern so this thread should be in the middle east forum.

Majority of Pakistanis consider themselves middle eastern so this thread should be in the middle east forum.

That could be true, Vikrant, but no doubt if this was were posted on the Middle East forum, the article would have been moved to the Asia forum since Pakistan is in Southeast Asia.

Speaking of Southeast Asia, I once read that the people from Bangladesh living in their communities in the Metropoligan New York area dress just like Arabs from the Middle East instead of in their native dress because it makes them feel closer to Mohammed.

The top 10 cities for murder are in predominately Christian countries.

Located in Mexico, Central America, and South America.

List of cities by murder rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why, Sunni Man, if it really is that difficult for you to believe that article as a convert to Islam, go for it. Does it really matter?

In my own opinion, the countries which are the most dangerous are the ones where people are being killed for their religious beliefs on a continuous basis. I am sure you overlook all the car and suicide bombings that your Sunni brothers are doing in Pakistan.

Why, Sunni Man, if it really is that difficult for you to believe that article as a convert to Islam, go for it. Does it really matter?

In my own opinion, the countries which are the most dangerous are the ones where people are being killed for their religious beliefs on a continuous basis. I am sure you overlook all the car and suicide bombings that your Sunni brothers are doing in Pakistan.
In fact, 40 of the top 50 cities for murder was in Christian countries in our hemisphere.

Iraq (Mosul) was the only middle east country that made the list of 50. (but they are in the middle of a war)

And 4 American cites made the murder list; Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, and Baltimore.

(3 were more dangerous than war torn Iraq) ... :eek:

In my own opinion, the countries which are the most dangerous are the ones where people are being killed for their religious beliefs on a continuous basis. I am sure you overlook all the car and suicide bombings that your Sunni brothers are doing in Pakistan
In fact, 40 of the top 50 cities for murder was in Christian countries in our hemisphere.

Iraq (Mosul) was the only middle east country that made the list of 50. (but they are in the middle of a war)

And 4 American cites made the murder list; Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, and Baltimore.

(3 were more dangerous than war torn Iraq) ... :eek:

I would imagine that Wikipedia conveniently left out all those Shia, Ahmadiyya, Christians and Hindus being killed in Pakistan.

How about, instead of using Wikipedia where people can put in whatever they please, that you show us something from one of the regular encyclopedias which actually were in existence before Wikipedia.?

It certainly looks like Sunni Man couldn't bear to see an article telling about a Muslim city which was so dangerous for its inhabitants. Here he is always claiming that I follow him around, but as the readers can see, he can't seem to restrain himself from responding to my posts.

Forum List

Back