In house garden

I don't know about growing vegetables, but when I lived in London after leaving the Army I hung all-year garlands around the bay window in an attempt to brighten my inner-city flat/apartment. It worked a treat and gave the place an almost ancient Roman feel.

If you grow them hydroponically, you can grow anything you want indoors.

Hydro under lights will do it, but the electric bills go sky high and you still need a bit of space for any meaningful yield.
Are there any undeveloped lots in your neighborhood where you and maybe some others could collaborate on a community garden?
Some folks get permission to use such lots for gardens while they are just sitting empty...some folks just go for it guerrilla style...

This can be a challenge if you don't have a balcony or fence. But you can still grow in small pots and even mason jars. Although it might be limited to herbs and spices and not regular veggies.

Have you got a window ledge big enough to have a window box/pots on? If not I think it's fine to grow them inside so long as they're near a window that gets some sun. You can get small varieties of lots of veg, like peppers, onion, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and of course, herbs.(though maybe not all of those at one time, lol, as there'd be no room for you)
You'd just need to make sure they get lots of water and sunlight.

hanging gardens.

grow in hanging pots in the windows or in your outside space

Well, there are several ways that you need to consider when you start vegetable garden, one of the most important is choosing a good soil and also the know the benefits of water features for your plants.

Well, there are several ways that you need to consider when you start vegetable garden, one of the most important is choosing a good soil and also the know the benefits of water features for your plants.

Your comments show that you don't read the posts. I certainly wouldn't use the services of a place that advertises like this on message boards!

OP, if you don't get at least 6 hrs. of sun where ever you locate your veggies, they won't grow well unless you use lights and or another system....and both can get expensive.

I wouldn't even "try" to grow veggies in pots other than things like tomato plants, pepper plants, carrots, some lettuce, radishes and maybe a couple of other things. And for most of those, I'd use 5 gal. buckets. Planting beans or peas in pots won't yield enough produce to warrant the space.
Herbs would work well inside as long as they are in a spot that gets some sun & LOTS of light.

What kind of roof do you have?

If your roof is not a possibility, look for used aquariums. They sell cheap and already have a grow light.

Bookshelves with grow lights attached to shelves work, too. You can grow runner beans on anything remotely resembling lattice. Any flower pot can be used to raise vegetables. Look around for vegetables that flower -- you kill two birds with one stone.

You can train beans, melons, eggplant -- anything that vines -- to grow along the outer walls of your house.

Last edited:
Yeah this is good information i like this actually i was in searching for this information and thinking to make a thread for this but i have no need to make any thread after read out this information anyways thanks for this and have a nice day

Forum List

Back