In Gawd We Trust LMAO!!!

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
That's how the Republicans are going to create jobs. I was curious about their motivation.

"The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming 'In Gawd We Trust' as the national motto."

Let's see...in 1954 they added "Under Gawd" to our pledge and started putting "In Gawd We Trust" on our currency. The worship of ancient Gawds is alive and well.

Last edited:
That's how the Republicans are going to create jobs. I was curious about their motivation.

"The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming 'In Gawd We Trust' as the national motto."

Let's see...in 1954 they added "Under Gawd" to our pledge and started putting "In Gawd We Trust" on our currency. The worship of ancient Gawds is alive and well.

Do not forget your laughing in afterlife.

The Truth About Hell

The Truth About Hell
He won't be laughing, he will be crying like a little baby.

Meh, It should be taken out.

America is about diversity. Whether you worship god, allah, your boyfriends penis, nobody, etc.
America should be represented from a neutral standpoint. "Under God" is a thing for Christianity (or others aswell), but not other religions or Atheists in general.

Granny says, "Dat's right - it ain't E Pluribus Unum...
:cool:
In God We Trust: Why Congress reaffirmed the US motto
November 3, 2011 - In God We Trust: Congress voted to keep the national motto. But President Obama called the "In God We Trust" vote political posturing.
The House on Tuesday passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming "In God We Trust" as the national motto. The measure sponsored by Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., supports and encourages the motto's display in all public schools and government buildings. It was approved 396-9, with 2 abstentions. Forbes said the resolution was needed because President Obama had once called "E pluribus unum" the national motto, and the Latin phrase meaning "from many one" was engraved in the new Capitol Visitors Center until Congress ordered that it be corrected. Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., called the resolution a meaningless distraction from the nation's real problems. "Nobody is threatening the national motto," he said.

President Obama responded Wednesday by trying to shame the Republican-controlled House by accusing its leaders of wasting time during a jobs crisis with debates over commemorative baseball coins and reaffirming "In God We Trust" as the country's motto. "That's not putting people back to work," Obama said. "I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work. There's work to be done. There are workers ready to do it. The American people are behind this." Obama's $60 billion plan for infrastructure jobs that is expected to fall victim to a GOP filibuster Thursday. In votes last month, Republicans blocked Obama's entire $447 billion jobs package and a subsequent attempt to pass a $35 billion piece of it aimed at preventing layoffs of teachers and firefighters. It wasn't the only time discussion about God came up at the White House this week.

White House spokesman Jay Carney invoked scripture Wednesday to back up President Barack Obama's suggestion that God wants U.S. policymakers to get busy and create more jobs. Carney said Obama was trying to make the point that "we have it within our capacity to do the things to help the American people." "I believe the phrase from the Bible is, 'The Lord helps those who help themselves,'" Carney said. Well, no, not really. A White House transcript of Carney's briefing issued later in the day included the disclaimer: "This common phrase does not appear in the Bible." "In God We Trust" first appeared on U.S. coins during the Civil War in 1864. It officially became the national motto in 1956 and began appearing on paper currency the following year.

Source

America is about diversity. Whether you worship god, allah, your boyfriends penis, nobody, etc.
America should be represented from a neutral standpoint. "Under God" is a thing for Christianity (or others aswell), but not other religions or Atheists in general.

The biggest problem in America is Christianity. We're not far from a theocracy. When any religion sticks it's nose into government it is not what our forebears intended. The most important of them, Madison, Jefferson, Paine, Washington were not Christians and most of them openly bad mouthed the bible. George Washington seldom if ever even attended church. You remember him...he's the one that could not tell a lie...LMAO!

Thats why religion should be barre from government.

It doesn't mix with the constitution/laws. They will try to change it.

I'm wondering why they supported the need to have a Congressional Chaplain of the Christian faith?

Last edited:

If you are going to use quotation marks you should also use correct spelling, unless you are just too stupid to know better.

In WHOSE god do we trust?

I trust in mine but I surely don't trust in theirs.

The biggest problem in America is Christianity. We're not far from a theocracy. When any religion sticks it's nose into government it is not what our forebears intended. The most important of them, Madison, Jefferson, Paine, Washington were not Christians and most of them openly bad mouthed the bible. George Washington seldom if ever even attended church. You remember him...he's the one that could not tell a lie...LMAO!

For a man your age, you sure lack in common sense and education. Why don't you tell us the backgrounds of the rest of the founding fathers that signed the Declaration of Independance? Let's see them all listed, what they had degrees in and what their religious affiliations were. Let's see their writings, post some of those. Why don't you tell us what happened for several hours at the start of the very first session of Congress?

Who wrote this and what is it called?
Well aware that the opinions and belief of men depend not on their own will, but follow involuntarily the evidence proposed to their minds; that Almighty God hath created the mind free, and manifested his supreme will that free it shall remain by making it altogether insusceptible of restraint; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments, or burthens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness, and are a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, who being lord both of body and mind, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do, but to extend it by its influence on reason alone; that the impious presumption of legislators and rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men, have assumed dominion over the faith of others, setting up their own opinions and modes of thinking as the only true and infallible, and as such endeavoring to impose them on others, hath established and maintained false religions over the greatest part of the world and through all time: That to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical; that even the forcing him to support this or that teacher of his own religious persuasion, is depriving him of the comfortable liberty of giving his contributions to the particular pastor whose morals he would make his pattern, and whose powers he feels most persuasive to righteousness; and is withdrawing from the ministry those temporary rewards, which proceeding from an approbation of their personal conduct, are an additional incitement to earnest and unremitting labours for the instruction of mankind; that our civil rights have no dependance on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry; that therefore the proscribing any citizen as unworthy the public confidence by laying upon him an incapacity of being called to offices of trust and emolument, unless he profess or renounce this or that religious opinion, is depriving him injuriously of those privileges and advantages to which, in common with his fellow citizens, he has a natural right; that it tends also to corrupt the principles of that very religion it is meant to encourage, by bribing, with a monopoly of worldly honours and emoluments, those who will externally profess and conform to it; that though indeed theseare criminal who do not withstand such temptation, yet neither are those innocent who lay the bait in their way; that the opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor under its jurisdiction; that to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude hispowers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is adangerous falacy, which at once destroys all religious liberty, because he being of course judge of that tendency will make hisopinions the rule of judgment, and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own; that it is time enough for the rightful purposes of civil government for its officers to interfere when principles break out into overt acts against peace and good order; and finally, that truth is great and will prevail if left to herself; that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate; errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them.

S e c t i o n II.

We the General Assembly of Virginia do enact that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.

S e c t i o n III.

And though we well know that this Assembly, elected by the people for the ordinary purposes of legislation only, have no power to restrain the acts of succeeding Assemblies, constituted with powers equal to our own, and that therefore to declare this act irrevocable would be of no effect in law; yet we are free to declare, and do declare, that the rights hereby asserted are of the natural rights of mankind, and that if any act shall be hereafter passed to repeal the present or to narrow its operation, such act will be an infringement of natural right.

It's one thing to be an atheist.

But why are you so anti-Christian?

What is threatening you so much that you spend so much time calling out religious people?

:eusa_pray:

You're no better than religious zealots of all faiths who demean others simply for not following their particular brand of religious dogma. I read somewhere else that you have a string of academic qualifications yet you are out of work. That figures. Companies don't like hiring twats.

You're no better than religious zealots of all faiths who demean others simply for not following their particular brand of religious dogma. I read somewhere else that you have a string of academic qualifications yet you are out of work. That figures. Companies don't like hiring twats.

After living nearly all my life in the Christian church after being brainwashed by my family and grammar school teachers I will speak up against that bullshit for the rest of my life. In the early 1940's my third and fourth grade teachers in west Tennessee had us start the day with the pledge of allegiance, the lord's prayer and on Mondays assigned a bible verse to each student to memorize and recite back to the class on Fridays. I'm talking about public schools funded totally by taxpayer's money. At least we got that bullshit stopped.

The only way anybody can possibly believe that a loving caring god dropped by 2000 years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the world was flat is the infant and childhood brainwashing of each new generation.

If that's the way a loving caring god works...screw him and the jackass he rode in on. I don't believe in ghosts...holy or otherwise.

I also don't believe in virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, turning water into fine wine, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, raising from the dead and definitely not hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog, then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later. I hope anybody who does believe that shit if brainwashed...otherwise they've got some real problems.

Last edited:

After living nearly all my life in the Christian church after being brainwashed by my family and grammar school teachers I will speak up against that bullshit for the rest of my life. My third and fourth grade teachers in west Tennessee had us start the day with the pledge of allegiance, the lord's prayer and on Mondays assigned a bible verse to each student to memorize and recite back to the class on Fridays. I'm talking about public schools funded totally by taxpayer's money. At least we got that bullshit stopped.

The only way anybody can possibly believe that a loving caring god dropped by 2000 years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the world was flat is infant and childhood brainwashing of each new generation.

If that's the way a loving caring god works...screw him and the jackass he rode in on. I don't believe in ghosts...holy or otherwise.

I also don't believe in virgin birth, walking on water, healing by touching, turning water into fine wine, feeding 6000-8000 with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, raising from the dead and definitely not hanging a man on a tree, bleeding him like a hog, then seeing him fit as a fiddle two days later. I hope anybody who does believe that shit if brainwashed...otherwise they've got some real problems.

I doubt very seriously they your teachers brainwashed you when it comes to religion. I don't believe you're a real person you are just computer generated words that do not exist outside this forum. Just my belief and opinion.

After living nearly all my life in the Christian church after being brainwashed by my family and grammar school teachers I will speak up against that bullshit for the rest of my life. My third and fourth grade teachers in west Tennessee had us start the day with the pledge of allegiance, the lord's prayer and on Mondays assigned a bible verse to each student to memorize and recite back to the class on Fridays. I'm talking about public schools funded totally by taxpayer's money. At least we got that bullshit stopped.

The only way anybody can possibly believe that a loving caring god dropped by 2000 years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed in witchcraft and thought the world was flat is infant and childhood brainwashing of each new generation.

You demonstrate yet another trait of the ignorant twat you are...A lack of tolerance of other's views and beliefs and an overload of love thy self, instead of love thy neighbour. Get a job and maybe that chip on your shoulder will drop off!

The Truth About Hell
Your confusing me Baron. Jesus went to hell ?
And in Matthew 12:40, Jesus Christ says:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "
The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth!

New Topics

Forum List

Back