In a family of golfers, my grandson is on the HS bowling team.

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Gotta hand it to him
Last year as a junior he was state champion
Yesterday at a regional meet, He bowled a 300 game.
the highest I've bowled was like a 186, 60 years ago.

Good for him. I am an erratic bowler. I only do it on all you can bowl nights and I can roll in the 200's followed by 69 LOL. I think I accidentally got in the 260's once but that was decades ago. To me it is just a thing to do, not something I take too seriously. Of course, I am just as erratic at golf TBH.

It's possible to both golf and bowl, you know. I do both, plus gym workouts, bike riding, and heavy duty hiking.

The attraction of bowling and golf are similar when you come down to it. Both involve a lot of skill and a lot of luck. Even a bad golfer will hit the occasional great shot - very gratifying - and even a bad bowler will have the occasional game where the pins all fall down, resulting in a marvelous score.

Both golf and bowling can be played far into old age - they are lifetime things, if you enjoy them.

One thing I will say that is serious: Get him into golfing early. If he takes up golf after 21, he will never be really good. Muscle memory is only a "thing" when you are young.

I had no idea High Schools had bowling teams. Makes sense, fairly low cost, no injuries, promotes camaraderie. Good for him, if he's that talented maybe he could try the Pros.

I hear golf isn't as popular these days.

I blame Trump.
Just kidding, only mimicking the crap politicians get blamed for over on the politics board.

Guess if anything is to blame, perhaps less people are following golf since Tiger Woods has passed his prime.

Good luck to your grandson. Hopefully someday he'll make folks forget Earl Anthony - the only name I've ever associated with bowling.

I hear golf isn't as popular these days.

I blame Trump.
Just kidding, only mimicking the crap politicians get blamed for over on the politics board.

Guess if anything is to blame, perhaps less people are following golf since Tiger Woods has passed his prime.

Good luck to your grandson. Hopefully someday he'll make folks forget Earl Anthony - the only name I've ever associated with bowling.
Your revealing your age with the Earl Anthony reference. Oops I guess I am too!

Forum List

Back