Important Questions for Intelligent Republicans (who know history)

Londoner

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2010
Do Republicans here know what is meant by the "Solid South"?

How about the "New Deal Coalition"?

Secondly,

Do you know how the Republicans broke the New Deal Coalition?

Specifically, do you know how & why, after Eisenhower, race became important to the party of Lincoln?

Finally, do you understand how these questions are relevant to the rise of Reagan and movement conservatism?

(Non-Republicans are obviously free to answer too)

Do Republicans here know what is meant by the "Solid South"?

How about the "New Deal Coalition"?

Secondly,

Do you know how the Republicans broke the New Deal Coalition?

Specifically, do you know how & why, after Eisenhower, race became important to the party of Lincoln?

Finally, do you understand how these questions are relevant to the rise of Reagan and movement conservatism?

(Non-Republicans are obviously free to answer too)

Not a Republican, but

Solid South refers to the fact that from 1877 until 1964 the southern states almost universally went to the Democratic party in the electoral college.

The Republicans didn't break the New Deal Coalition, the Democrats broke it themselves when they stopped putting old white racist bastards in charge of their party, although LBJ tried like hell to keep the racism alive.

Movement conservatism :lol: that makes me laugh that your dumb ass thinks that the Republican party is the only party guilty of catering to big business. Hack. Let me clue you in on something, both parties have ALWAYS favored big business over individuals.

Good luck on your high school paper.

not a republican, but

solid south refers to the fact that from 1877 until 1964 the southern states almost universally went to the democratic party in the electoral college.

The republicans didn't break the new deal coalition, the democrats broke it themselves when they stopped putting old white racist bastards in charge of their party, although lbj tried like hell to keep the racism alive.

Movement conservatism :lol: That makes me laugh that your dumb ass thinks that the republican party is the only party guilty of catering to big business. Hack. Let me clue you in on something, both parties have always favored big business over individuals.

c-

not a republican, but

solid south refers to the fact that from 1877 until 1964 the southern states almost universally went to the democratic party in the electoral college.

The republicans didn't break the new deal coalition, the democrats broke it themselves when they stopped putting old white racist bastards in charge of their party, although lbj tried like hell to keep the racism alive.

Movement conservatism :lol: That makes me laugh that your dumb ass thinks that the republican party is the only party guilty of catering to big business. Hack. Let me clue you in on something, both parties have always favored big business over individuals.

c-

:lol: that was called a synopsis fool. did you really want me to write a thesis on it here? Probably you did. Do your own homework.

Forum List

Back