Did your test results indicate bias and if so did this surprise you?

• My test indicated bias

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • My test did not indicate bias

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • This test is nothing but hokum

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
But do you have an automatic preference between black americans and white americans?
I ask because there are very few "african" and "european" americans. Most of us are just "american"

Funny how whites ignore how they call themselves German American, italian American, etc. then tell us how very few others see that except African Americans.
I dont ignore it. Its the same thing.
Maybe you shouldnt racially generalize so much. It is pretty fucking ignorant :thup:

:boo_hoo14:

This is the race and racism section crybaby. You said nothing about any group but African Americans.

Subconscious thought crimes :rolleyes:

Implicit Bias Gets an Explicit Debunking
By DAVID FRENCJanuary 10, 2017

..There’s no way to show that you’re immune to implicit bias, because you are by definition unaware of your own subconscious. Indeed, even if you do well on the IAT, take it again and you might flunk. I’ve taken the test at different times on different days and achieved wildly different results. Is my mind that malleable, or is the test mostly a game, a Ouija board of the mind conjuring up the ghosts of our own bigotry? After all, we’re talking about the hocus-pocus of the unconscious, the part of ourselves that we don’t even know exists.

Last week The Chronicle of Higher Education reported that researchers — including one of the founders of the IAT — from Harvard, the University of Virginia, and the University of Wisconsin–Madison had analyzed the results of hundreds of studies of the test involving almost 81,000 participants. For those who believe in the power of the unconscious, the results (to quote one of the researchers) “should be stunning.” For the rest of us, they’re unsurprising. The researchers find

that the correlation between implicit bias and discriminatory behavior appears weaker than previously thought. They also conclude that there is very little evidence that changes in implicit bias have anything to do with changes in a person’s behavior. These findings, they write, “produce a challenge for this area of research.”

You don’t say.

It turns out that even if you look at the studies advanced by the IAT’s defenders, the link between implicit bias and discriminatory behavior is “slight.” ....

Implicit Bias Debunked: Study Disputes Effects of Unconscious Prejudice | National Review

The national review?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Of course implicit racial bias doesn't exist to "conservatives". Unless you are talking about white racism.

The national review?

The words they use are too big for you?

The word I is too big for your dumb ass. The national review is an anti intellectual waste of time.

Hi, Paul Essien. Respectfully, could you clarify your reference to "black (African Americans)"?
To tell you the truth. I don't really use the term African Americans because I mainly hear it in the mouths of well-to-do whites, for me it has come to mean something like “those poor people who cannot help being screwed up because they were born black”
Paul Essien, when you write about "black (African Americans)", are you referring to our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors, co-workers and family members of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue THEIR OWN unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness...
ALL SLAVES ARE EQUAL....dude

They don't give care about much money a black person has got

Ask Bill Cosby. They can take all that stuff away when they mobilize and have lie that they think will stick.
Are you referring to significant numbers of segregation-minded
How can black people segregate in the USA with the permission of the white supremacist ?
apparent slow-to-evolve
I don't understand what you mean here. What do you mean when say "slow to evolve"
freedom-loving "PRO BLACK, Woke or Conscious Black Community" minded American citizens,
Don't talk to me in cliches and soundbite. What do you mean when you say Pro black ? What do you mean when you say "Conscious Black Community" ?
ILLOGICALLY believing they have a right, as well as duty to LOUDLY and HATEFULLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors, co-workers and family members of African descent?
Again. I don't understand what your saying but it sounds like your bringing whatever personal shit you have had with black people and the emotional of that personal shit is affecting your world view ? You're not making any sense.
Paul Essien, "Sell-out" "C^^n" and "Uncle Tom" are just a few HATEFUL, denigrating terms "PRO BLACK, Woke or Conscious Black Community" American citizens use to LOUDLY demean and intimidate our peaceful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent.
Maybe you are Coon and Uncle Tom ? If so many black people are telling you this. Maybe these is some truth to it ?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

He was born and raised on africa. Being african doesnt mean you are black.
What a fucking selfish bigot
No dummy. Africa is not a country. Its a continent. Being African means youre Black.
I didnt say it was a country asswipe.
You can be white and be african. Sorry. I know that makes your insecurities run wild but it is what it is :dunno:
No you cant be white and be African. You sound like an idiot. You can only be whatever country you are from. Whites are not from Africa.
Africa is a continent.
Yeah thats what I said earlier. You have to keep up.
Because I read all 4,000 of your hourly posts.

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Thoughts and feelings are “implicit” if we are unaware of them or mistaken about their nature. We have a bias when, rather than being neutral, we have a preference for (or aversion to) a person or group of people. Thus, we use the term “implicit bias” to describe when we have attitudes towards people or associate stereotypes with them without our conscious knowledge. A fairly commonplace example of this is seen in studies that show that white people will frequently associate criminality with black people without even realizing they’re doing it.

Why it matters:
The mind sciences have found that most of our actions occur without our conscious thoughts, allowing us to function in our extraordinarily complex world. This means, however, that our implicit biases often predict how we’ll behave more accurately than our conscious values. Multiple studies have also found that those with higher implicit bias levels against black people are more likely to categorize non-weapons as weapons (such as a phone for a gun, or a comb for a knife), and in computer simulations are more likely to shoot an unarmed person. Similarly, white physicians who implicitly associated black patients with being “less cooperative” were less likely to refer black patients with acute coronary symptoms for thrombolysis for specific medical care.
The tests: Select a Test

My results:
View attachment 209174

A fairly commonplace example of this is seen in studies that show that white people will frequently associate criminality with black people without even realizing they’re doing it.

Jesse Jackson is white?

No but Ben Carson, Clearance Thomas, and Zimmerman are.

No dummy. Africa is not a country. Its a continent. Being African means youre Black.
You can be white and be african. Sorry. I know that makes your insecurities run wild but it is what it is :dunno:
No you cant be white and be African. You sound like an idiot. You can only be whatever country you are from. Whites are not from Africa.
Africa is a continent.
All you had to do was read the thread so you didnt look like a dumbass. It was like 2 or 3 posts before that.

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Thoughts and feelings are “implicit” if we are unaware of them or mistaken about their nature. We have a bias when, rather than being neutral, we have a preference for (or aversion to) a person or group of people. Thus, we use the term “implicit bias” to describe when we have attitudes towards people or associate stereotypes with them without our conscious knowledge. A fairly commonplace example of this is seen in studies that show that white people will frequently associate criminality with black people without even realizing they’re doing it.

Why it matters:
The mind sciences have found that most of our actions occur without our conscious thoughts, allowing us to function in our extraordinarily complex world. This means, however, that our implicit biases often predict how we’ll behave more accurately than our conscious values. Multiple studies have also found that those with higher implicit bias levels against black people are more likely to categorize non-weapons as weapons (such as a phone for a gun, or a comb for a knife), and in computer simulations are more likely to shoot an unarmed person. Similarly, white physicians who implicitly associated black patients with being “less cooperative” were less likely to refer black patients with acute coronary symptoms for thrombolysis for specific medical care.

My results:
View attachment 209174
Take the test again

Why should she? Stating the truth about white racism is not bias.
Take the test again

..There’s no way to show that you’re immune to implicit bias, because you are by definition unaware of your own subconscious.
But that's the point, we all have biases and by becoming aware of them then we can begin to change our behavior by not allowing them to color our decisions.
Maybe you shouldn’t have snipped out that one small section since the piece goes on to say that subconscious implicit bias BARELY AFFECTS OUR BEHAVIOUR.
Didn’t you spot that???

..There’s no way to show that you’re immune to implicit bias, because you are by definition unaware of your own subconscious.
But that's the point, we all have biases and by becoming aware of them then we can begin to change our behavior by not allowing them to color our decisions.
Nope. The point is subconscious bias barely affects behaviour.

Africa is a continent.
All you had to do was read the thread so you didnt look like a dumbass. It was like 2 or 3 posts before that.
I love spending all day reading your 5,000 self-congratulatory posts.
It was further back than that because I almost passed out from boredom reading about how great you are.

Implicit Bias

What it is:

Why it matters:

My results:
View attachment 209174
Take the test again

Why should she? Stating the truth about white racism is not bias.
Take the test again
Why? That doesnt make sense. You should only take the test once to get a true indication of what you feel.

Africa is a continent.
It was further back than that because I almost passed out from boredom reading about how great you are.
No one forced you to read my posts. I can only surmise from your admission that you really were not bored and fascinated by my posts.

Africa is a continent.
No one forced you to read my posts. I can only surmise from your admission that you really were not bored and fascinated by my posts.
I need a good laugh.
It’s amusing seeing how many sane people realize very quickly what an asshole you are.

I need a good laugh.
It’s amusing seeing how many sane people realize very quickly what an asshole you are.
Face it. I fascinate you. I'm in your head rent free. Now youre worried about how you are going to deal with me and others like me.

I need a good laugh.
Face it. I fascinate you. I'm in your head rent free. Now youre worried about how you are going to deal with me and others like me.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
Be clear, because before I respond and get BANNED (because I’m White), I need you to be perfectly clear so I can allow the mods to know I am merely responding to your insignificant existence as it should be addressed.

I need a good laugh.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
Be clear, because before I respond and get BANNED (because I’m White), I need you to be perfectly clear so I can allow the mods to know I am merely responding to your insignificant existence as it should be addressed.
I disagree.
Yes deal with me and others like me..
Are you threatened?
Youre contradicting yourself. If my existence is insignificant you wouldnt be responding or reading my posts.
laugh.gif

I need a good laugh.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
I disagree.
Are you threatened?
Youre contradicting yourself. If my existence is insignificant you wouldnt be responding or reading my posts.
laugh.gif
Not threatened at all but I would be giving away the benefits of being a member of The Tribe.
You are an excellent indication of how far most of the Blacks that I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with have come.
You’re an angry loser...very sad.

Maybe you shouldn’t have snipped out that one small section since the piece goes on to say that subconscious implicit bias BARELY AFFECTS OUR BEHAVIOUR.
Didn’t you spot that???
One of the tactics of the left is they always avoid the averages and always cling to outliers to justify any position.

For example, they are offended if one says the average man is stronger than the average woman.

They will then point out and yell about an Olympic female weightlifter.

They do that with everything.

I need a good laugh.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
I disagree.
Are you threatened?
laugh.gif
Not threatened at all but I would be giving away the benefits of being a member of The Tribe.
You are an excellent indication of how far most of the Blacks that I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with have come.
Obviously you felt threatened. Why I dont know. I dont do threats. I will make promises though.
Sounds like you have never met a Black person like me before You exist on a level below my realm of existence so that makes sense.

I need a good laugh.
Not at all.
Deal with you?
Are you threatening me?
I disagree.
Are you threatened?
laugh.gif
Obviously you felt threatened. Why I dont know. I dont do threats. I will make promises though.
Sounds like you have never met a Black person like me before You exist on a level below my realm of existence so that makes sense.
I suggest you read your posts prior to clicking the Submit button.
I presume you know the definition of the word, “prior”.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back