Impeachment? Really?

aZvuCcA.jpg

Impeachment 13 months before the next Presidential election? With zero probability that the current Senate would vote to convict?

Setting aside the questionable merits, do you think that pursuing this extraordinary procedure (for obvious political reasons) at this time is a worthy endeavor that will not set a terrible precedent?

Remember the "nuclear option" employed by Harry Reid to confirm federal judges? Didn't that set the stage for confirming Supreme Court Justices by a simple majority?

Are you OK with abusing these procedures as long as it benefits your side? What about after future elections when your side loses? Will you take to the streets again?

Puzzling actions by the Democrats.
If you’re not going to impeach over the obstruction mentioned in the Mueller Report, this gambit is ridiculous.

Wrong.

ok?

It's not a matter of "belief". We need to get to the bottom of foreign interference in 2016 election, and Trump rightfully requested that from Ukraine. It's just asinine for Democrats to try to impeach him over that, which is why Trump has triple dog dared Pelosi to put impeachment to a vote.

We will get to the bottom, and after what Democrats have put this nation through for 3 years, God help you if it's clear that the foreign influence on our 2016 election was arranged by the Obama Administration and the Democrats behind this 3 year witch hunt knew that.

I just think that Impeachment Hearings from the Floor of the Senate, should have a massive tune in, and so would be the perfect place for Barr and Durham to give an interim report on what they are finding.

So go ahead. Make Our Day.
For some reason I'm not scared at all. It might be that in the end any official findings have to be based in fact. I'm not like you, I don't fear the truth.

Yep, it's not the "truth" you're worried about, it's the facts...dumbass.
As a Trump supporter you have a rather tenuous relationship with "facts".

As an anti-Trumper you have no concept of the truth.
You say that but somewhere in your mind you know this man is going to drag down everything he has touched. Try not to make too much of a fool of yourself when it happens.
We deal in facts, no vague unhinged mental notions. Barr and Durham will get to the bottom of foreign influence in the 2016 campaign. Trump was right to ask for Ukraine's cooperation in these ongoing investigations, and once the facts are in, we will respond accordingly.

Not at all. I want him to get to the bottom of foreign influence on the 2016 election. I suspect that the furious amounts of smoke Democrats are laying down to try to obstruct this investigation is because they know that when we get to the bottom of it, that we will find that Democrats arranged it.
You talking about the investigation into the oranges of the Mueller investigation? It will quietly die after it is no longer needed when reality refuses to conform to the conspiracy theories.
Well, not exactly. We will have to wait for the reports, but several foreign actors were involved in the scheme with the US Intelligence Community to first spy on and then attempt to dispose Trump.

I suspect that Democrats are wildly thrashing about, because they know that when we get to the bottom of it, that Democrats arranged it, but, let's withhold coming to a firm conclusion for the evidence in the upcoming reports.

As for Trump requesting Ukraine's assistance, I fully support that. We have several ongoing investigations into the foreign influence over the 2016 campaign and of course we want Ukraine's full support and they seem quite eager to provide it. The only ones upset about this are the Democrats.

If Democrats want to impeach Trump over that phone-call, by all means we encourage you to do so. The national tune in will be huge and after Barr and Durham testify, from the floor of the US Senate during the proceeding presided over by the Chief Justice, to what they have found so far, it will be clear that Trump deserves a medal for requesting that Ukraine provide whatever information they have for these investigations into foreign influence on our 2016 election.
Damn you have it bad for this guy, I've never so totally believed in a politician in my life.
It's not a matter of "belief". We need to get to the bottom of foreign interference in 2016 election, and Trump rightfully requested that from Ukraine. It's just asinine for Democrats to try to impeach him over that, which is why Trump has triple dog dared Pelosi to put impeachment to a vote.

We will get to the bottom, and after what Democrats have put this nation through for 3 years, God help you if it's clear that the foreign influence on our 2016 election was arranged by the Obama Administration and the Democrats behind this 3 year witch hunt knew that.

I just think that Impeachment Hearings from the Floor of the Senate, should have a massive tune in, and so would be the perfect place for Barr and Durham to give an interim report on what they are finding.

So go ahead. Make Our Day.
For some reason I'm not scared at all. It might be that in the end any official findings have to be based in fact. I'm not like you, I don't fear the truth.
I don't either. It's not our side holding up impeachment, giddy up!

Sounds so much like Trump I can almost hear the 'Twilight Zone' theme playing...

...Hamilton sketched out the type of charlatan who would most threaten the republic: “When a man unprincipled in private life[,] desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper . . . despotic in his ordinary demeanour — known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty — when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity — to join in the cry of danger to liberty — to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion — to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day — It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’ ” Given the way Trump has broadcast suspicions about the CIA, the FBI, the diplomatic corps, senior civil servants and the “deep state,” Hamilton’s warning about those who would seek to discredit the government as prelude to a possible autocracy seems prophetic.

...Given the way Trump has broadcast suspicions about the CIA, the FBI, the diplomatic corps, senior civil servants and the “deep state,” Hamilton’s warning about those who would seek to discredit the government as prelude to a possible autocracy seems prophetic.
Neither you nor I have been spied and leaked on like Trump and those associated with him have.

I'll wait for Barr, Durham's and Horowitz' reports and keep an open mind until then.

Trump has broadcast suspicions about the CIA, the FBI, the diplomatic corps, senior civil servants and the “deep state,”

Do you mean exposed their corruption? Trump is the most honest President in our lifetimes: He says what he thinks and does what he promises.

This doesn't suit most libtards, who prefer being lied to so that they can pretend to escape personal responsibility for their choices.

Trump has broadcast suspicions about the CIA, the FBI, the diplomatic corps, senior civil servants and the “deep state,”

Do you mean exposed their corruption? Trump is the most honest President in our lifetimes: He says what he thinks and does what he promises.

This doesn't suit most libtards, who prefer being lied to so that they can pretend to escape personal responsibility for their choices.
Yup. Trump's likely the cleanest guy in DC.

Impeachment 13 months before the next Presidential election? With zero probability that the current Senate would vote to convict?

Setting aside the questionable merits, do you think that pursuing this extraordinary procedure (for obvious political reasons) at this time is a worthy endeavor that will not set a terrible precedent?

Remember the "nuclear option" employed by Harry Reid to confirm federal judges? Didn't that set the stage for confirming Supreme Court Justices by a simple majority?

Are you OK with abusing these procedures as long as it benefits your side? What about after future elections when your side loses? Will you take to the streets again?
A MAJORITY of Americans favor not only Impeachment but removal from Office.

I mean look at the damage the Orange Criminal did in ONE DAY in Syria

I can’t tell you how awesome it is to have people here who believe themselves to be intelligent and knowledgeable.....and then say that they believe that Donald Trump is the most honest president in their lifetime.

It makes my day.

And with no Treason, Bribery, High Crimes or even misdemeanors.

The Constitution is quite clear: The president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

The Constitution does not permit impeachment because the House doesn't like the president. Nonetheless, Democrats despise Trump and are determined to impeach him, no matter what.

Democrats accuse Trump of extorting Zelensky to investigate for corruption any of the eyebrow-raising connections between Kiev and Joe and Hunter Biden, the former veep’s son. Democrats claim such a probe was what Zelensky had to launch before receiving the aforementioned military aid. This is the notorious quid pro quo.

The aid had been briefly delayed to see if Kiev would live up to its promises to fight corruption. Zelensky and Vice President Mike Pence discussed this in Warsaw on Sept. 1. The assistance was released 10 days later. “And after this meeting, the US unlocked the aid and added $140 million,” Zelensky said. No blackmail, no quid pro quo, no dirt dug up on Biden.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/01/what-exactly-is-president-trumps-high-crime-here/

Forum List

Back