CDZ Immigration is not the problem. Inequality is the problem.

How about we agree there are many problems here. One not mentioned yet is capitalistic criminals in America hiring illegals to subvert our laws and avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Then those criminals who undermine our ability to fund nuclear submarines to fight the Chinese don't end up in jail.

Yep. Prosecute employers and 80%-90% of the problem goes away. almost overnight.

"Immigration is not the problem. Inequality is the problem."

Both got worse when Obama was at the helm.

But the far left often conflates "illegal" immigration with "legal" immigration.

I think a lot of the "debate" around immigration misses the point.

People are very quick to condemn immigrants from whatever country they come from but rarely do they look at why people are so keen to move to Western Europe or the US/Canada.

I know that there are a lot of people displaced by the various wars going on but the real reason is inequality.

Poland is a beautiful country but a Polish Doctor can earn as much sitting on a supermarket till in the UK. Its the same for Romanians.

The inequality is greater the further south that you travel.

I imagine that it is the same in the Americas.

Why would you want to live in a corrupt narco state when hard work would see ou ive like a King in the US ?

Wester countries need to look at their relationships with the developing world and see how they can move these countries forward.

A world with reduced inequalities will be a more peaceful and stable world.

And it ultimately works in our favour as new markets are created for Western goods.

We must face up to reality. We cannot solve all the worlds problems and we certainly cannot afford to take in whomsoever wants to come here.

Immigration should be based on whether or not the proposed immigrant has anything to contribute to America. Some skill or talent that is needed here. In other words immigration should be based on what is good for America. We certainly do not need anyone from a 3rd world nation...they come here with no skills, no talents, no education and often with an alien intolerant religion. Many of their children become radicalized. We must use some common sense.

I have no interest in the legality ,or not, of the immigrant. The point is that a lot of people are looking for a better life a long way from where they live.

There are many reasons for that. War is an obvious one. How many people have been displaced by wars ? Wars started by western countries. Oppressive regimes are another reason. Again Western countries have supported most of the worlds dictators at some point.

What if the west ended the ludicrous "war on drugs". Could those blighted central american countries return to normalcy ? And if they did would not the number of people trying to escape reduce ?

If we paid third world workers a decent wage would they be more inclined to stay put ?

If you pay £5 for a pair of jeans then someone is getting screwed and in the end it is probably yourself.

Inequality is not nearly the problem that Equality would be!

Last edited:
How about we agree there are many problems here. One not mentioned yet is capitalistic criminals in America hiring illegals to subvert our laws and avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Then those criminals who undermine our ability to fund nuclear submarines to fight the Chinese don't end up in jail.

Yep. Prosecute employers and 80%-90% of the problem goes away. almost overnight.

Imagine how few kids you'd be separating from their parents if you locked up the head of the problem not the huddled masses :)

Imagine how few kids you'd be separating from their parents if you locked up the head of the problem not the huddled masses :)

Their crashing wages also lowers SS and other payroll tax revenues, which is why they have to keep bumping the deduction percentage every so often; deliberately keeping minimum wage far below real inflation rates has an even worse effect, but then criminal illegal aliens make that possible as well, by making such crap wages possible in the first place via 'competition'. Without them, the 'market' rates for labor would rise for many Americans, particularly minorities.

The major problem with the E.U. is that it was based primarily on economic rather than social principles. America was based on human rights first and economics second. There is the same federal minimum wage throughout the U.S. Social Security is uniform across America. Europe erased its barriers but allowed drastically different social conditions between countries to remain in place. It did not take an economics degree to see that, certainly, labor would flow from poorly paid areas to better ones. So, the rich got richer and the less rich got the bill.

So, the rich got richer and the less rich got the bill.

>>>

immigration follows suit, in the respect of subjugation via elitists

yes ,it's a perennial wedge issue, and always the same pack of lies

'illegals are stealing our jobs':cheers2:

complete crock, our varied H1B program(s) allow for XXX workers, which include XXXXXXXXX excuses for them to stick around

why do you think so many CEO lackies flew into washington when Trump was tightening the regulatory noose on it all?

Frantic Phoning Among C.E.O.s: How to Address Trump Ban?

they knew their slice of the pie just got smaller

I have no interest in the legality ,or not, of the immigrant. The point is that a lot of people are looking for a better life a long way from where they live.

There are many reasons for that. War is an obvious one. How many people have been displaced by wars ? Wars started by western countries. Oppressive regimes are another reason. Again Western countries have supported most of the worlds dictators at some point.

What if the west ended the ludicrous "war on drugs". Could those blighted central american countries return to normalcy ? And if they did would not the number of people trying to escape reduce ?

If we paid third world workers a decent wage would they be more inclined to stay put ?

If you pay £5 for a pair of jeans then someone is getting screwed and in the end it is probably yourself.
Claiming we started wars in the nations immigrants come from is weak. Western nations have started some wars in third world nations it is true but not all of those wars.

I will say I agree with you about the war on drugs. But you are wrong about wages. We DO pay third world workers a decent wage in fact in most cases their lives are improved dramatically with the wages they get.

So at least you cam up with one viable thing we can do. End the war on drugs and it would help some people in some nations.

However only they can solve their own nations problems the so called problem of inequality is vastly overrated and not out responsibility to fix.

Claiming we started wars in the nations immigrants come from is weak. Western nations have started some wars in third world nations it is true but not all of those wars.

I will say I agree with you about the war on drugs. But you are wrong about wages. We DO pay third world workers a decent wage in fact in most cases their lives are improved dramatically with the wages they get.

So at least you cam up with one viable thing we can do. End the war on drugs and it would help some people in some nations.

However only they can solve their own nations problems the so called problem of inequality is vastly overrated and not out responsibility to fix.
I meant the wages paid in their own countries rather than what they can get in the west.

Immigration isn’t the issue. The quality of people trying to immigrate here is the problem. A large portion of those coming are looking for handouts rather than coming here to bring their capabilities to the melting pot that is the USA.

We’re a nation of immigrants, but we are also a self-made nation. When our British overseers got too tight a grip on the leash, we cut their ducking hand off. That’s something many of the displaced peoples around the world need to think about.

It is not the responsibility of the USA to lift all these other nations out of the muck any more than it is the responsibility of the rich man to give a homeless man everything he needs to succeed.

People are very quick to condemn immigrants from whatever country they come from but rarely do they look at why people are so keen to move to Western Europe or the US/Canada.

I know that there are a lot of people displaced by the various wars going on but the real reason is inequality.

Poland is a beautiful country but a Polish Doctor can earn as much sitting on a supermarket till in the UK. Its the same for Romanians.

Why would you want to live in a corrupt narco state when hard work would see ou ive like a King in the US ?

Wester countries need to look at their relationships with the developing world and see how they can move these countries forward.

And it ultimately works in our favour as new markets are created for Western goods.
While I agree with much of what you said, in the US, the debate is more on a legal vs. illegal immigration level. To the best of my knowledge, no one is saying we should not allow immigration, other than a temporary halt, so we can get our shi(oops) act together.
It may be that folks in Europe are wishing to stop all immigration on a more permanent basis, however, any elected official daring to udder such things here would likely be run out of office in pretty short order (for now at least).
Just read that France now has 300,000 Arabs and not enough jobs. Does welfare sound familiar.

While I agree with much of what you said, in the US, the debate is more on a legal vs. illegal immigration level. To the best of my knowledge, no one is saying we should not allow immigration, other than a temporary halt, so we can get our shi(oops) act together.
It may be that folks in Europe are wishing to stop all immigration on a more permanent basis, however, any elected official daring to udder such things here would likely be run out of office in pretty short order (for now at least).
I think everybody will have a different take on immigration dependent on what they see in their everyday lives.

The rhetoric seldom gets beyond the building of walls and , in Europe, the ending of free movement. We never seem to look further for solutions.

If people were happy where they live then they wouldnt uproot and make dangerous journeys.

Of course war and famine are big factors but economic migrants just want a better life.

What could,or would, the West do to help facilitate this ?
A merit based immigration policy for starters. A policy where people are evaluated on their ability to contribute positively to the society (country) they wish to move to. A system where people of little to no skill are generally turned away, with the exception of vettable persons seeking asylum (political, war, religious,or otherwise), up to the abilities of the country to absorb them. Where the country/region you come from, demographics, and wealth are of little (if any) consequence.

I think everybody will have a different take on immigration dependent on what they see in their everyday lives.

The rhetoric seldom gets beyond the building of walls and , in Europe, the ending of free movement. We never seem to look further for solutions.

If people were happy where they live then they wouldnt uproot and make dangerous journeys.

Of course war and famine are big factors but economic migrants just want a better life.

A merit based immigration policy for starters. A policy where people are evaluated on their ability to contribute positively to the society (country) they wish to move to. A system where people of little to no skill are generally turned away, with the exception of vettable persons seeking asylum (political, war, religious,or otherwise), up to the abilities of the country to absorb them. Where the country/region you come from, demographics, and wealth are of little (if any) consequence.
If these people could make a decent living in their own countries then they would not want to uproot and make dangerous trips .

Ultimately inequality is a tool that globalists use to attack the working classes.

"Go on strike and we will move to India." - pretty much captures the philosophy. It is that option that has driven down wages and caused wealth inequality to grow, Between bosses and workers in the west and then between western workers and those from developing countries.

Solving inequality helps everyone apart from the globalist.

Maybe they should fix their own countries instead of running away and seeking to benefit from the hard work of others?

Most people in Western. Countries had crap lives in the past but fought to improve them. Economic migrants need to know they can’t simply flee but should stay and fight for change. Change needs to come from within.

Most people in Western. Countries had crap lives in the past but fought to improve them. Economic migrants need to know they can’t simply flee but should stay and fight for change. Change needs to come from within.
Western countries built their wealth on the backs of Africans and Asians.

Forum List

Back