Immigrants Demand SA "Sanctuary"

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Wednesday's roundup of illegals at an east side factory leads to demands that SA protect illegals
By Jim Forsyth
Thursday, April 20, 2006

Immigrant rights groups called on San Antonio City Council today to pass legislation declaring this to be a 'sanctuary city,' in the wake of the arrest and deportation of thirty illegal immigrants at an east side plant yesterday.

"We demand that city council declare this city to be a safe haven from the Border Patrol," activist Jaime Martinez said. "Not to be raiding factories and workers, and we ask that they be protected."

Relatives of some of the thirty illegals deported from the IFCO Pallet Company offices in the raid on Wednesday marched to the plant gates off Gibbs-Sprawl Road today to demand an end to the INS raids. They predicted the nationwide raids, which netted some 1,000 illegals and seven corporate executives, would lead to greater cooperation between business and immigrant rights groups to oppose tough enforcement of immigration laws.

Imelda Lopez said she didn't get a chance to speak with her husband before he was deported to Mexico.

"There was no chance," to talk, she said while carrying a sign reading 'No Human Being is Illegal. "He said 'I'm on my way to Mexico right now.' We had no chance to talk."

Council Members who spoke with 1200 WOAI about the sanctuary proposal did not rule it out.

"I think the border is kind of an artificial barrier," west side councilwoman Patti Radle said.

North side councilman Chip Haass said he would like to have more information about what the sanctuary designation would entail before voting for or against a proposal.

Austin is currently an officially designated sanctuary city.

Lopez says she and her now departed husband have four children, who she is not left alone to care for.

"There's been a lot of pressure by the government against Hispanics," she said. "The kids know about this, they are old enough to understand."
http://radio.woai.com/pages/localnews.html?feed=119078&article=454797

If they’re not documented immigrants - then they’re ‘illegal aliens’ and should be arrested immediately.

Anyone that harbors or assists them, in any way, should be arrested along with them. If I pick up a hitch-hiking escaped convict and willingly assist him - I’m as criminal as he is - and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The White House should show some spine on this subject (you know - set an example?) and direct government resources to arrest and deport everyone that doesn’t legally belong in the United States of America - inside a church or not.

Too bad I don't live in SA city limits. Otherwise I'd let that City Council know what I think. Maybe I will anyway...

theHawk said:
Too bad I don't live in SA city limits. Otherwise I'd let that City Council know what I think. Maybe I will anyway...

Why Not? I did:

Dear Sir,

Please remind the city council that becoming a sanctuary for illegal aliens means the city will be on record as condoning criminal activity. If the council chooses to ignore the law and allow criminals to flourish, then may I suggest a safe haven for other victimless crimes: Such as prostitutes, Graffiti Artists, and Government Lobbyists? They could register with the city and you’d then have the second biggest protection racket in America following San Francisco. I’m sure that Texas pride will put paid to the upstart Californians.

Thanks,

MSgt Phillip E. Gwinn USMC/ret
Lubbock, TX

I thought most of the people on this board are so called "Christians". What would Jesus recommend to these people? "These worldly borders are sacrosanct, get fucked wetbacks!"

Somehow I don't think your Savior would say that. Prove me wrong.

Nuc said:
I thought most of the people on this board are so called "Christians". What would Jesus recommend to these people? "These worldly borders are sacrosanct, get fucked wetbacks!"

Somehow I don't think your Savior would say that. Prove me wrong.

Is this all you know? You don't agree with somebody, so you resort to namecalling and call it logic? I even did a word search to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and I was right, you're the only person who said "wetback."

What I can tell you is that Jesus said both "Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God what is God's" and "If you rebel against those in authority over you, then you are rebelling against God, since their authority was granted by God." The "wetbacks" as you so eloquantly put it, are under the authority of the U.S., state, and local governments from the second they cross that border. The laws say they can't cross the border. They do anyway. Then they demand that they be allowed to cross, law be damned. That's rebellion. That's entitlement. That's trying to capitalize on something highly illegal and unethical. I seem to recall Jesus flipping over tables due to an offensive incident.

You're the one claiming you have absolutely no religion (though you seem to have a pretty firm faith in the non-existance of God), so who are you to tell ME what MY SAVIOR would do, anyway? Maybe if you actually took that class on the Bible you're so opposed to, you'd get it.

Forum List

Back