Imagine for a moment

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
There are no government programs. No safety nets. No SS. No Welfare. No Medicare/Medicaid. Now FAFSA. No government handouts whatsoever.

How would you provide for yourself?

Same way I always have. Work for someone who can afford to pay me. And if I can't work, then I make do with what I can without getting one thin dime from anyone else unless I earn it myself.

There are no government programs. No safety nets. No SS. No Welfare. No Medicare/Medicaid. Now FAFSA. No government handouts whatsoever.

That's why God greated Samuel Colt and he created the "great equalizer"!

To All Rich People: Man Who Has Nothing, Has Nothing To Lose!

In the 60's our family of 8 survived with little more than meager S.S. survivor benefits.
It was a living hell.

The problem is that there are far too many undeserving and unwarranted recipients these days.

so far... i have a feeling things are going to get violent if this ever happens.

I have lived 46 years without one dime in any social assistance of any kind.
I have, however, paid $100,000's in taxes.

Dang... you mean I'd have to WORK for a living??? Oh wait... I do that now without government help.

So, I guess if this was for my whole life, I'd have been able to sock some money away for my retirement, create a 401k or some other retirement fund with the money taken from SSI and the like. Plus my tax burden would be about 20% what it is now in withholding, money I could have done other stuff with to improve my life and prepare for the future.

Yeah... I think I could have lived with that responsibility.

In the 60's our family of 8 survived with little more than meager S.S. survivor benefits.
It was a living hell.

The problem is that there are far too many undeserving and unwarranted recipients these days.
Does anyone else remember studying the post civil war corruption on soldier's benefits where 16 year old girls were marrying 80 year old vets for their pension, and then living off of it till they died. I can't remember if the Arthur Administration cleaned that up or if it went on till it was paid out, but it was a hellish scandal for the Grant admin who set it up.

Forum List

Back