I'm watching the "political suicide" of Benghazi GOP members

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Ironically, since I was never a Hillary Clinton fan, I find myself thrust into her camp by the nonsensical badgering of the republican select committee members on Benghazi.

After 11 hours, ELEVEN HOURS of the barrage of hostile questioning that could not belie the partisanship from both sides of the aisle, what have we learned that we did not know before?

Well, nothing about the Benghazi tragedy....that's for sure, but what we have now confirmed is that Kevin McCarthy was absolutely correct. The republican members of some within their base, BUT their collective bark was without bite and that lack of any harm placed on Clinton from this grilling, will cause some right wingers to actually blame and turn on them for their inefficacy and also cause some independent voters to be thoroughly nauseated by the partisan antics.

• Banned
My apologies....a whole line (sentence) was deleted from the above post.

In a way, you just underlined the problem with politics as well as justifying the conservative voters disdain for their leadership.

If the Republicans had adequate leadership would they have had these hearings? These hearings tell us more about Republicans than Hillary, but watching the process must have encouraged Hillary supporters.

These hearings are typical politics. The Republicans see it as a chance to hopefully damage the Democrat's best presidential candidate and the Democrats refuse to entertain even the slightest possibility that any errors were made because it would shatter their chances of holding the White House. The entire affair is partisan on both sides, so unfortunately we'll probably never really know anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Ironically, since I was never a Hillary Clinton fan, I find myself thrust into her camp by the nonsensical badgering of the republican select committee members on Benghazi.

After 11 hours, ELEVEN HOURS of the barrage of hostile questioning that could not belie the partisanship from both sides of the aisle, what have we learned that we did not know before?

Well, nothing about the Benghazi tragedy....that's for sure, but what we have now confirmed is that Kevin McCarthy was absolutely correct. The republican members of some within their base, BUT their collective bark was without bite and that lack of any harm placed on Clinton from this grilling, will cause some right wingers to actually blame and turn on them for their inefficacy and also cause some independent voters to be thoroughly nauseated by the partisan antics.

Lol, the fantasy world you loonies live in.

Can't wait to hear your interpretation of what happened today.

I will reserve my opinion until all the facts are in and the transcripts are reviewed. If the only thing that happens is that Hillary was shown to have lied about the cause and totally screwed things up even unintentionally, then showing her dishonesty and incompetence was worth it. But that is off the point of the OP. He says it was political suicide and that's just stupid.

But that is off the point of the OP. He says it was political suicide and that's just stupid

When an "assassin" is sent in to do a job, and that job backfires, the assassin may be in trouble.

I will reserve my opinion until all the facts are in and the transcripts are reviewed.

If you want to read the transcript, it's here: Full text: Clinton testifies before House committee on Benghazi

If the only thing that happens is that Hillary was shown to have lied about the cause and totally screwed things up even unintentionally, then showing her dishonesty and incompetence was worth it.

Interesting that you can't possibly imagine any other outcome.

But that is off the point of the OP. He says it was political suicide and that's just stupid.

Does this mean you watched the hearings in their entirety?

But that is off the point of the OP. He says it was political suicide and that's just stupid

When an "assassin" is sent in to do a job, and that job backfires, the assassin may be in trouble.

You're just a moron, but I'm bored at the moment so I'll play.

You think the constituents that voted those republicans into office are going to say to themselves next election: " you know self, that guy we elected tried and failed to attack Hillary Clinton whom we now suddenly love, so I guess we should vote them out of office now."

What a looney toon you are.

I will reserve my opinion until all the facts are in and the transcripts are reviewed.

If you want to read the transcript, it's here: Full text: Clinton testifies before House committee on Benghazi

If the only thing that happens is that Hillary was shown to have lied about the cause and totally screwed things up even unintentionally, then showing her dishonesty and incompetence was worth it.

Interesting that you can't possibly imagine any other outcome.

But that is off the point of the OP. He says it was political suicide and that's just stupid.

Does this mean you watched the hearings in their entirety?

I know that I can Google them, I just don't have time at the moment. It just happened today.

I didn't say that there is no other outcome, he'll there could be other things come out as well. It could be shown like some here have stated that she admits she broke the law. The point you missed us that even if it is only to show her dishonesty and incompetence, it would be worth it.

How the fuck did you arrive at the conclusion that I may have watched the proceedings? I read the OP and his assertion the they are committing political suicide doesn't require that I saw it.

Mr. Pompous aka Pompeo ( one of the several ring leaders today ) clearly shows that he is a major part of the Big Dysfunction in the congress . The actions today were not to find any truths in my opinion, but to try and trash a candidate , but it backfired...

If you read the thousands of messages on twitter and facebook , people are clearly pissed at their behavior, and may have handed Hillary/ Trump / or Sanders the white house on a silver platter.

You think the constituents that voted those republicans into office are going to say to themselves next election: " you know self, that guy we elected tried and failed to attack Hillary Clinton whom we now suddenly love, so I guess we should vote them out of office now."

NO, NO.....you're either a bit slow or you're evading the outcome.....I am NOT saying that those elected right wingers will have their constituents fall in "love" with Clinton......On the contrary......those constituents will be MORE pissed that whomever they elected FAILED in keeping Hillary out of the oval office.

How the fuck did you arrive at the conclusion that I may have watched the proceedings? I read the OP and his assertion the they are committing political suicide doesn't require that I saw it.

RE-read what you just wrote, and if you have an ounce of sense, you TOO can label yourself a moron...

NO, NO.....you're either a bit slow or you're evading the outcome.....I am NOT saying that those elected right wingers will have their constituents fall in "love" with Clinton......On the contrary......those constituents will be MORE pissed that whomever they elected FAILED in keeping Hillary out of the oval office.

And there is where you are dead wrong. Conservatives don't think that way. Unlike you left wing nutters, we are concerned about right and wrong, whereas you people only care about winning. I guarantee you that win or lose in the Benghazi affair, their constituents will be proud of them for standing up for truth and justice. Hillary's ability to slither away unscathed will only solidify their hatred for her.

Forum List

Back