I'm Still Waiting For Those Job Mr President. Where Are They??

And I think even the most partisan liberal would have to admit that "leading" on issues is not Barack Obama's strong point. He can't even submit a freakin' budget, let alone make the tough calls on where cuts are going to have to be made to keep us from having our credit rating downgraded for the second time in our history (within a year of the first downgrade!).

With all due respect, Inthemiddle? The Democrats had total control of the House, the Senate and the Oval Office and didn't come close to fixing the economy. They told the Republicans to go wait in the hall while Nancy and Harry cooked up Obamacare and the Obama Stimulus behind closed doors. Now they are asking for essentially a "do over" of their first stimulus bill...only not as large and called a "jobs bill" instead of stimulus. Why would we want to repeat what didn't work?

At the same time Republican bills from the House are piling up on Harry Reid's desk over in the Senate.

Yet Democrats keep accusing Republicans of being the party of no?

I agree, the Democrats royally screwed the pooch. During the first two years of Obama's term I just wanted to ram my head into the wall almost every day, because I knew that while they were screwing around, they'd end up losing the House, and would then start complaining that they weren't being given the chance to get things done in a divided government. And now, they're right. It's their fault they ended up here. But the GOP is still doing their part to prevent progress from being made, by being just as ideologically stubborn as the Democrats. Both parties are to blame.

With all due respect, Inthemiddle? The Democrats had total control of the House, the Senate and the Oval Office and didn't come close to fixing the economy. They told the Republicans to go wait in the hall while Nancy and Harry cooked up Obamacare and the Obama Stimulus behind closed doors. Now they are asking for essentially a "do over" of their first stimulus bill...only not as large and called a "jobs bill" instead of stimulus. Why would we want to repeat what didn't work?

At the same time Republican bills from the House are piling up on Harry Reid's desk over in the Senate.

Yet Democrats keep accusing Republicans of being the party of no?

I agree, the Democrats royally screwed the pooch. During the first two years of Obama's term I just wanted to ram my head into the wall almost every day, because I knew that while they were screwing around, they'd end up losing the House, and would then start complaining that they weren't being given the chance to get things done in a divided government. And now, they're right. It's their fault they ended up here. But the GOP is still doing their part to prevent progress from being made, by being just as ideologically stubborn as the Democrats. Both parties are to blame.

Everyone knows we need to cut spending.

That has to be the main concern.

Obama refuses to do it.

Instead he thinks attacking the rich will deflect us from seeing his obvious negligence.

Stealing endlessly from the rich will do only one thing; Force them to move somewhere they can escape the theft.

Brazil sounds nice...maybe Columbia.

Last edited:
Oh really???

If that's the case then Booooooosh is the reason the DOW is up since 08' as well.

It's all Obama's baby or Booooooosh's baby.

Obama can't claim credit for the good and cast blame for the bad.

See how that works???

Only if you stretch the bounds of reality :lol:

Reality is Obama is President and has been for nearly 3 years.

Only his lying supporters allow him to remain totally blameless.

That must mean you.

That is the reality of the matter.

Yes, he has...and in that time we went from losing 700,000 jobs a month to job gains. In that time we've seen the DOW double. In that time we've seen that banks are back to pre-recession levels.

When you consider the horrible mess that Bush left, President Obama has done a damn good job.

I'm Still Waiting For Those Jobs Mr President. Where Are They??

This is the epitome of conservative idiocy and ignorance.

Congress is responsible to address such issues, not the Executive; it is up to the House to appropriate the funds, draft the legislation, and pass that legislation for the president to either sign or veto. The Executive has no authority to ‘create jobs,’ nor provide the funding for job creation.

The president’s sole responsibility is to propose legislation, which he has done in good faith.

Indeed, the failure of the House to even consider the president’s jobs bill – however flawed – is indicative of the GOP merely playing politics when millions of Americans are in need of help.

Why are you signaling out the President?

Because the OP is a partisan hack.

I'm Still Waiting For Those Jobs Mr President. Where Are They??

This is the epitome of conservative idiocy and ignorance.

Congress is responsible to address such issues, not the Executive; it is up to the House to appropriate the funds, draft the legislation, and pass that legislation for the president to either sign or veto. The Executive has no authority to ‘create jobs,’ nor provide the funding for job creation.

The president’s sole responsibility is to propose legislation, which he has done in good faith.

Indeed, the failure of the House to even consider the president’s jobs bill – however flawed – is indicative of the GOP merely playing politics when millions of Americans are in need of help.

Why are you signaling out the President?

Because the OP is a partisan hack.

And you aren't????

Listen bud....Obama is the President of the United States. He is tasked to set an agenda, produce a budget, and lead the government in the right direction. He can't get away with this "Leading from Behind" Bull shit like he did in Libya.

If his agenda sucks he has two options.

Change his agenda

or

Go down in flames with his agenda.

Currently his agenda is going down in flames and he doesn't even want to allow anyone to put the blame where blame is due, squarely on his head.

Bill Clinton knew better then to try to stick to an agenda that was hopeless. So he changed and he succeeded. Obama is incapable of changing. He's too arrogant to change.

Instead of choosing to do what is right for this country Obama has decided to make enemies of the very people in Congress that he needs to pass anything that will improve the economy.

It's his choice to do that....at his own peril.

Last edited:
Bush took the blame for every event in the Universe yet Obama gets no blame over something he has direct control over.

Obama chose this course of action. He couldn't wait to do what he's good at.

Causing divisions and turmoil.

Forum List

Back