I'm so sick and tired of Vietnam

pennyville73 said:
Merlin and CSM,

you and all the other Vietnam Vts, actually all vets, have my total respect and thanks for all you did during and after the War.

Hopefully, coming from someone who actually appreciates the fact that there are people who lay down there lives, and fight the good fight, regardless of whether they win or lose, does mean something to you.

Its just a sad fact that there will always be people who believe their rights and freedoms are a God given gift, that they are owed, insead of realizing without people like you they wouldnt be able to sit here and bitch and moan,
and insult you using those freedoms you earned for them.

Every person in America owes there way of life to a veteran, because with out them, we'd be living under the rules of communism, and wouldnt be here, debating our freedom of speech.

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Thanks, and of course I like a thank you now and then; everyone does.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I dont even mind when someone starts spouting off. I get angry when they start telling me or my family and friends how they should think and act. I get angry when they tell me I should be ashamed of myself or more importantly ashamed of the United States of America. I get angry when they tell me that the United States should subjorn their national soveriegnty to some other international organization like the UN or a world court. I get angry when they tell me that the US deserves to be vilified and hated throughout the world. I get angry when they gripe about the horrible things the US supposedly has done and yet justify the actions of murderers and thieves who commit horrendous atrocities in the name of some cause.

I get angry most of all when they sit on their ass and complain and wont lift a finger to change things one way or another.

Hey but for the most part, I'm a happy guy!

What upsets me the most is that people say they dont believe in War, that the US should mind its own business, but they are the first ones to complain when they feel they are being controlled and told what to do.

We all need to realize that freedom isnt free, it comes from making sacrifices and standing up to protect it.

The war in the middle east isnt about us forcing our way of life on to another people who dont want, its about trying to help people who dont want to live under the fear and threat of murderous dictaors.

busch2008 said:
Why do we still have to hear about this crap? I've decided that its not about Conservatives or Liberals or Republicans or Democrats, its about Baby Boomers. That generation is such a huge pain in the ass. Its infuriating. From the protestors to the Vets, they are all a bunch of obsessed freaks about that War. It's all about the sixties.

The protestors and activists bitched and moaned and lost the War. They blasted their brains with mind altering drugs, preached about peace and love and screwed like rabbits giving us pleasant new diseases for future generations to enjoy.

The vets. They went over there and they killed millions needlessly. Face it, it was immoral as hell. Then they bitched and moaned when they came home and got spit on. Yes they were sent there by bad leaders for stupid reasons and it was all a big cluster fuck.

I wasn't around then, I'm sick of hearing about their lost war. That generation is a blight on this country. They did some good, a little bit. They gave us Civil Rights, then they proceeded to imprison every black they could find. They blabbed for a decade about peace and love, then they decided to become the most greedy selfish generation in history. They racked up an insane amount of debt and continue to do so and now they want to hand us the bill. Coming on the heels of the greatest generation they are a big flop.

I think Vietnam was sick and tired of you(US) way b4 you were sick of them.

pennyville73 said:
What upsets me the most is that people say they dont believe in War, that the US should mind its own business, but they are the first ones to complain when they feel they are being controlled and told what to do.

We all need to realize that freedom isnt free, it comes from making sacrifices and standing up to protect it.

The war in the middle east isnt about us forcing our way of life on to another people who dont want, its about trying to help people who dont want to live under the fear and threat of murderous dictaors.

Well, thats just typical. And you have ofcourse conducted an in-depth poll to discover exactly what it is that the people you want to help actually do want. No didn't think so. Dubya didn't think either.

PS. Could you please enlighten us to what 'freedom' is? Cos I know that whatever definition you or anyone comes up with, I or anyone else can shoot down in flames.

CSM said:
Thanks, and of course I like a thank you now and then; everyone does.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I dont even mind when someone starts spouting off. I get angry when they start telling me or my family and friends how they should think and act. I get angry when they tell me I should be ashamed of myself or more importantly ashamed of the United States of America. I get angry when they tell me that the United States should subjorn their national soveriegnty to some other international organization like the UN or a world court. I get angry when they tell me that the US deserves to be vilified and hated throughout the world. I get angry when they gripe about the horrible things the US supposedly has done and yet justify the actions of murderers and thieves who commit horrendous atrocities in the name of some cause.

I get angry most of all when they sit on their ass and complain and wont lift a finger to change things one way or another.

Hey but for the most part, I'm a happy guy!

Haha you do make me laugh, you Yanks. You really do not understand why the vast majority of the world doesn't like you, do you? Well, it's not surprising really, because as you say, 'you get angry' and then you (as a nation) ............. [Fill in the blanks]. The rest of the world can't .............. That is why they hate u! Quite simple really.

8236 said:
Hey I thought they were icy giant things from Scandinavia:p

You thought wrong. And that's because you were to busy prowling around being an antagonistic prick. You won't last long here if you can't learn to be respectful of the other members.

8236 said:
The rest of the world can't .............. That is why they hate u! Quite simple really.

Europe certainly could, if they cared to, but that would mean spending their tax money differently. :tinfoil:

You have however outlined why the US as a whole tends to think! F off with your 'world' opinion. We really DO NOT CARE!

jimnyc said:
You thought wrong. And that's because you were to busy prowling around being an antagonistic prick. You won't last long here if you can't learn to be respectful of the other members.

Sorry! So the only people you want here are people who agree with you?????
Come on! What's the point if that is the case?

Also, I have not said anything offensive! Cant you take a bit of sarcasm?
Jeepers, lighten up a bit.

PS Some of the stuff on here is way more offensive than anything I ever say.

Kathianne said:
Europe certainly could, if they cared to, but that would mean spending their tax money differently. :tinfoil:

You have however outlined why the US as a whole tends to think! F off with your 'world' opinion. We really DO NOT CARE!

Touche! And so the question is answered. Which then begs the question: why get angry in the first place! Or was it metaphorical?

8236 said:
Sorry! So the only people you want here are people who agree with you?????
Come on! What's the point if that is the case?

You can easily disagree and still be respectful.

Also, I have not said anything offensive! Cant you take a bit of sarcasm?
Jeepers, lighten up a bit.

You're being antagonistic. I'm just warning you that it won't be tolerated if you are here solely to troll. I haven't stopped you from doing anything. I'm lightened up, just trying to keep things in check.

Some of the stuff on here is way more offensive than anything I ever say.

And usually from members who have already proven themselves on the board. We know they aren't here solely to cause a ruckus. I get suspicious when I see someone new doing it.

8236 said:
Touche! And so the question is answered. Which then begs the question: why get angry in the first place! Or was it metaphorical?

I think you misjudged the post to begin with. He was referring to American citizens. As far as looking towards others in the world that we've helped out over the past 100 years, we would have a very large problem with self-esteem if we were looking outside for positive reinforcement.

It's the rest of the world that doesn't get us, not the other way around. We hear them and consider them inconsequential at this moment in time.

jimnyc said:
You can easily disagree and still be respectful.

You're being antagonistic. I'm just warning you that it won't be tolerated if you are here solely to troll. I haven't stopped you from doing anything. I'm lightened up, just trying to keep things in check.

And usually from members who have already proven themselves on the board. We know they aren't here solely to cause a ruckus. I get suspicious when I see someone new doing it.

I'm not here to troll. I'm here to express my opinions about things that make ME angry/sad/happy/whatever, and I do like to think there is the smallest inkling of logic behind my opinions. I really don't mean to offend or be disrespectfull.

As 4 me being new, yes, but I have posted some completely untrollish things on the religion/ethics thread.

PS I guess you are in a position to ban me. Do you ban a lot of people?
PPS What do the red/green squares at the top right mean. 3 red=on probation?

Kathianne said:
It's the rest of the world that doesn't get us, not the other way around. We hear them and consider them inconsequential at this moment in time.

You are being sarky, aren't you. I do hope you are.

8236 said:
I'm not here to troll. I'm here to express my opinions about things that make ME angry/sad/happy/whatever, and I do like to think there is the smallest inkling of logic behind my opinions. I really don't mean to offend or be disrespectfull.

As 4 me being new, yes, but I have posted some completely untrollish things on the religion/ethics thread.

PS I guess you are in a position to ban me. Do you ban a lot of people?
PPS What do the red/green squares at the top right mean. 3 red=on probation?

Ok, fair enough.

I am the admin. There have been plenty banned in the past, but usually because they don't serve any purpose here but to troll. Posting what makes you feel sad/angry is fine, even if you hate the US policies. Just learn to keep it civil and I'm sure you'll get better responses.

No probation. At the top right of every post is a small picture of the 'weights of justice', you can click on that and give the poster a 'reputation'. The more negative a person gets and the more red squares appear. More positive comments and you'll gather green bars.

8236 said:
You are being sarky, aren't you. I do hope you are.

Actually responding in tone to your post about US 'really not getting WHY the rest of the world hates us. For one they don't. Second, those that do, in Europe, predominately some of the Greens/Labour/Communists, really, we don't care. BTW, I do consider France inconsequential, you don't?

jimnyc said:
Ok, fair enough.

I am the admin. No probation. At the top right of every post is a small picture of the 'weights of justice', you can click on that and give the poster a 'reputation'. The more negative a person gets and the more red squares appear. More positive comments and you'll gather green bars.

Great! I guess that would be the 'trollometer' then. lol

I see I'm not very highly thought of!

Forum List

Back