I'm okay with getting rid of Big Bird

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
I'm sure it's a fallacy; but that's how liberals framed it in the 2012 election as it pertained to ending the funding of PBS. American taxpayers should no longer pay for this propaganda. This isn't a big ticket item, but I hope Trump ends this in his second term.

The fact is, Big Bird isn't going anywhere. If PBS disappeared tomorrow a dozen networks would fight over Children's Television Workshop and a fat slice of that 'Sesame Street' merchandise money cake.

'All Things Considered'and the rest of PBS radio would move to satellite radio to compete on their own merits with other opinion shows.

While government sponsored alternative programming might have made sense in the days of three networks, today we are literally spoiled for choice from hundreds of alternative media and the Internet.

Time for the ideological anachronism that is PBS to go the way of the dinosaur.

The fact is, Big Bird isn't going anywhere. If PBS disappeared tomorrow a dozen networks would fight over Children's Television Workshop and a fat slice of that 'Sesame Street' merchandise money cake.

'All Things Considered'and the rest of PBS radio would move to satellite radio to compete on their own merits with other opinion shows.

While government sponsored alternative programming might have made sense in the days of three networks, today we are literally spoiled for choice from hundreds of alternative media and the Internet.

As far as I know, Jim Henson Productions has the rights. So, the idea that Big Bird is going anywhere is a false rumor spread by a prince of lies himself, Obama.

As far as I know, Jim Henson Productions has the rights. So, the idea that Big Bird is going anywhere is a false rumor spread by a prince of lies himself, Obama.

And while we're on the subject, I would like to know why Sesame Street is the only neighbourhood in New York City that hasn't been gentrified and flooded with Yuppie condos.

I'm calling racism on the part of PBS. Keeping those ghetto kids down.

Forum List

Back