I'm Ok With This

Diuretic, what happened to drinking wine and eating cheese(kellys Heroes) now your going Spanish . hmmm I just got back from Cancun , maybe we can harness some byproduct of refired beans. After all its flamable.

Wah, don't like your own style thrown backatcha? I kinda enjoyed it. :eusa_whistle:

In any other thread where I was acting aggressive you might have had a point. As it is in this thread, you are slicing the achilles tendon of conversation.

And you never do?

But to respond to your "ideals"....

First of all, most towns already have 30mph speed limits. I don't see any great demand for electric cars as a result.

We don't have an OPTION for electric cars. Indeed, it is illegal to drive a golf cart in public traffic regardless of MPH limits. The demand is for an alternate to gas-powered vehicles. I guess you and chevy ceos are still under the impression that America wants another year of automotive phallic symbols. Gosh, I wonder if SUVs have been competitive for American made cars lately.

Good grief.. I'm talking about deregulation and you jump on a soadbox because a liberal said it.

You got the OPTION today…you can drive electric cars/hybrids on the streets today…nobody is stopping you unless you drive too slow on the faster roads. Golf carts are illegal because they are much too slow for a 30mph zone. It's obvious today the buying public much prefers SUVs.

Second, what idiot is going to buy a gutless electric housed in a classic muscle frame?

Well, I guess the clearest answer would be the sample of the American population that is tired of being a slave to the gas pump and would like an AMERICAN alternative to sending money to saudi arabia via tycoon oil ceos.

By the way, the age of horse power is over. Call me crazy but I'm betting that enough of a market would be more impressed with the bells and whistles offered than jargon that gives a mechanic a stiffy. Hell, it's the dvd players and luxury electronic components that sell cars these days... NOT some greasejockey engine schematics.

Must be a very tiny sample of the population that you refer to.

Third, will people put up with extra long commutes in order to drive from one town to another (or even across a metropolis)? I doubt it…they'll choose the faster car and only buy an electric if they can afford it or the price of gas becomes intolerable.

Did I not specifically say that this would be a facet of local travel in specific speed zones? Indeed, one certainly needs a car to go 70mph to drive in stop and go city traffic. Indeed, the price of gas IS intolorabel enough to create a market. Arent you a capitAlist?

Like I said, we already have 30mph speed zones in most towns and cities…and where is the demand for those electric cars as a result? Zippo. Also, do you think any sane person is going to buy one slow electric car for your mandated "slow speed zones" and second regular "fast" gas car for the rest of his driving? And what happens when a person needs to drive in both zones on the same trip? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Fourth, you still need an energy source for electricity.

Easy. We create an industry out of electricity creation. Holy SHIT! another strategy that wold have given Buckley a hardon!
And therein lies the rub.

Fifth, mandating pimped out golf carts is not capitalism.

Who said anything about mandating electric cars? Maybe you can quote me... I've outlined a capitAlist solution. Feel free to inject any necessary predictable objections to a liberal providing a worthwhile solution to our current gas crunch.

Weren't you the one talking about mandating slow speed zones so you have the OPTION for your slow speed electric cars?

Wah, don't like your own style thrown backatcha? I kinda enjoyed it. :eusa_whistle:

But to respond to your "ideals"....

First of all, most towns already have 30mph speed limits. I don't see any great demand for electric cars as a result.

Second, what idiot is going to buy a gutless electric housed in a classic muscle frame?

Third, will people put up with extra long commutes in order to drive from one town to another (or even across a metropolis)? I doubt it…they'll choose the faster car and only buy an electric if they can afford it or the price of gas becomes intolerable.

Fourth, you still need an energy source for electricity.

Fifth, mandating pimped out golf carts is not capitalism.

Curious how history has never stopped contradicting this sort of thinking.

"The technology life cycle has three stages: Hype, disillusionment, and application." Bob Lewis

"The science of today is the technology of tomorrow." Edward Teller

And you never do?

Not every thread... but, i'll admit having tact like a mauling pitbull at times if thats what you need to hear.

You got the OPTION today…you can drive electric cars/hybrids on the streets today…nobody is stopping you unless you drive too slow on the faster roads. Golf carts are illegal because they are much too slow for a 30mph zone. It's obvious today the buying public much prefers SUVs.

HYBRIDS that try to match the performance of petroleum based cars are not what im talking about. How many hybrid golf carts have you ever seen?

You don't think an electric motor can reach 30 MPH?
http://www.teslamotors.com/

And yes, the dominance of a japanese auto company in America suggests that it's more BIG hummers and escelades that people want. suuuuure, buddy. sure.

Must be a very tiny sample of the population that you refer to.

yea.. you know how tiny is the sample that is feeling like it's a kick in the balls every time they need to fill up a gas tank!

Like I said, we already have 30mph speed zones in most towns and cities…and where is the demand for those electric cars as a result? Zippo. Also, do you think any sane person is going to buy one slow electric car for your mandated "slow speed zones" and second regular "fast" gas car for the rest of his driving? And what happens when a person needs to drive in both zones on the same trip? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Can you or can you not drive a fucking golf cart 8 blocks to the grocery store in town? If not, why don't you stop being obtuse and tell me if it is legal or illegal to drive a fucking golf cart, NOT A HYBRID, down the fucking street. If given the option, via DEREGULATION ya fucking conservative, of an affordable alternative to gas guzzlers then you'd see that brick that you keep bumping your head into.

Again, WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MANDATED SLOW SPEED ZONES, dumbass? Are school zones that set the speed at 20mph also too rough on your goofy fucking polarized political rant muscle? Do you regularly drive 60 mph down main street, usa? Good grief, dude. The effort you put into being objectionable is like a stale joke. Indeed, we know how town squares are USUALLY set up like the fucking Indy 5000! You never know when you'll need to put that bitch in gear 5 and hit the nitro button.. just to get milk 5 blocks away!

And therein lies the rub.

Whats the rub? That a liberal has better ideas than conservatives when it comes to creating solutions for all instead of wealth for few?

Weren't you the one talking about mandating slow speed zones so you have the OPTION for your slow speed electric cars? [/QUOTE]

No, I suggest you go get a cat scan to make sure you don't have any blockage in your brain and call 9/11 if your left side goes numb and your speech is slurred.

Quote me where I've said anything about mandated anything. I'm providing and idea that gives OPTIONS beyond what your chicken-neck lardass ceo heroes hellbent on insistng that the market wants SUVs while handing over domination of the industry to a japanese companies.

As I mentioned before...but I'll get more specific:

How many people do you think are realistically going to lay out the

extra bucks to purchase
extra bucks to license
extra bucks to charge it
extra bucks for maintenance
extra bucks for insurance
extra bucks for parking/storage

and extra general hassle in order save a few pennies driving their stylized "golf carts" a few blocks to the grocery store?

lots of people.

After all, it's the internal combustion and NOT the transportation that keeps people buying vehicles... or something.

it's pretty clear how partisanship hinders progress.

lots of people.

After all, it's the internal combustion and NOT the transportation that keeps people buying vehicles... or something.

it's pretty clear how partisanship hinders progress.

Ever wonder why golf carts aren't allowed on the streets?

not at all. Golf carts are not as sturdy as cars. Does this mean that there is no such thing as American Ingenuity? Why do you think I specifically pointed to city roads under 30 mph? Should we expect a 90mph driver tearing through a 25mph school zone and ignore a field ripe for invention? Can safety standard NOT be met in an internally pimped out golf cart on 'roids? You can't fathom how some of the weight missing in a v8 engine just might be used to reinforce a frame to accomidate for any of this?

Good grief, dude. Do you still use candles after dark and churn your own butter too?

Ever wonder why golf carts aren't allowed on the streets?

If your thinking safty.... think again... The wrong pockets are getting lined thats why!

The Omish drive on the roads of Pensylvania in horse drawn buggies and there is no increase in accedent levels as a result... If anything commuters are more attentive and careful in Omish areas so it probably has created safer driving habits in those locations...

The same would happen if we designated safe lanes for slower vehicles nationwide...

I would say 75% of my household travel is local... the amount of fuel my family alone would stop consuming for transportation purposes would be considerable...

What would you say is the feasibility of my idea above, Alucard? Would you drive an elctronic batmobile that doesn't perform like a gas powered machine but does offer every other interior amenity?

Just think how killer a Deathrace 2000 line of bodies would be..

deathrace2000still.jpg

or, the economic impact of making leisurely travel a reality in America again?

Maybe I need to stop reading On the Road.

not at all. Golf carts are not as sturdy as cars. Does this mean that there is no such thing as American Ingenuity? Why do you think I specifically pointed to city roads under 30 mph? Should we expect a 90mph driver tearing through a 25mph school zone and ignore a field ripe for invention? Can safety standard NOT be met in an internally pimped out golf cart on 'roids? You can't fathom how some of the weight missing in a v8 engine just might be used to reinforce a frame to accomidate for any of this?

Good grief, dude. Do you still use candles after dark and churn your own butter too?

OK, so you beef up your "golf carts"....so then what's the big diff compared to other small cars - aside from being electrical? The fact is you can already drive B-cars on the streets.

Those tiny Euro style 2-seaters are about the size of a beefed-up golf cart...and are becoming ever more popular as the price of gas goes up. For example, the Chrysler Smart Car is about 5' x 8' in size and is powered by a 3-cylinder gas engine getting about 40-70 mpg.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ae9d1a4b-1a0b-4189-9e09-81ea130e402f

uh, whats would be so popular besides being ELECTRIC alternatives to being fucked in the ass at the gas pump?

Gosh, i just don't know.

Im not talking about a 3 cylinder skate. I'm talking about a lightweight, full sized, technology infused alternate meant to undermine the oil industry while providing Americans with viable options that just don't seem to be coming out of an SUV-loving detroit.

You know.. like the badass electric car that I posted a link to above.

Also, I just ran accross an article today where farm animal shit is being used to produce energy in California. I won't make any Thunderdome jokes but I will say that it's just one of many examples of creating energy industries that begin to remove the petroleum chokechain around the neck of Americans.

Forum List

Back