I'm Ok With This

The simple fact hat we have not even attempted to initiate legislature that would allow the use of golf cart type electric vehicles in 25mph zones, is evidence enough that there is no real persuit of energy conservation by the powers that be in this country...

The simple fact hat we have not even attempted to initiate legislature that would allow the use of golf cart type electric vehicles in 25mph zones, is evidence enough that there is no real persuit of energy conservation by the powers that be in this country...

Because Americans don't want to drive golf carts.

wow..no sence of humor.. ouch! I didn' know the pecking order was number of posts .. sorry I must conform and yes I agree Americans don't want to drive golf carts unless they are on the links

wow..no sence of humor.. ouch! I didn' know the pecking order was number of posts .. sorry I must conform and yes I agree Americans don't want to drive golf carts unless they are on the links

Was there a joke there?

No pecking order re number of posts, but it's a bit odd to insult the messageboard you've just started posting on even before you've gotten to know it.... hence the comment on the number of posts.

Sometimes better to check out the environs ... unless you're here to troll, of course.

I'm a them or us simple minded individual. I believe we are in Iraq to try and stabalize the region enough to keep the pumps flowing. If we removed a brutal dictator in the process ...good for us. I'm ok with it. Kuwait is a good example of a country that shares its oil wealth with each citizen. If that comes to Iraq one day way in the future then great. Your not going to make me feel guilty for wanting my family to keep its quality of life. The one thing I have learned about the developement of alternative resources is when the time comes it will happen. I will buy a hybrid when I can't afford the gas for my truck any longer. Not a minute before! I do suggest we develope the nuke power and refinery capability NOW since the turn around on that stuff is long. As you can tell I am just tired of Americans tiptoing around about their success in this world. No , I'm not advocating waste or abuse of resources but I wont feel guilty about the high quality of like even a moron like me can achieve here in the USA

Morons don't usually have such self-clarity......what are you up to? :eusa_think:

You need some advice boy....

You must show a little humility .... let the old timers think they are just a bit smarter than you.....don't ruffle their feathers and hurt their feelings(their big on feelings, you know), treat them a little more like children and agree with them no matter how foolish they are...:rolleyes:

You need some advice boy....

You must show a little humility .... let the old timers think they are just a bit smarter than you.....don't ruffle their feathers and hurt their feelings(their big on feelings, you know), treat them a little more like children and agree with them no matter how foolish they are...:rolleyes:

I've got a better tactic. Come up with a comprehensible post and something that vaguely resembles an argument and flowers will bloom and birds will sing and people will be smiling and waving, the light shining brightly out of their eyes.

It makes a happy place that much happier :cool: <--- see, it's getting brighter, I need my shades...

I've got a better tactic. Come up with a comprehensible post and something that vaguely resembles an argument and flowers will bloom and birds will sing and people will be smiling and waving, the light shining brightly out of their eyes.

It makes a happy place that much happier :cool: <--- see, it's getting brighter, I need my shades...

Well then here you go.....
recognize the sarcasm for what it is and try to glean the dudes GENERAL message.....don't play MM and parse every word...just grasp the general drift of his rant....

"My first post here so forgive the topic! .. I'm ok with a war for oil! America without oil is Americaos!! what president wants to go down in history as the one who lets the pumps run dry? sure lets push for alternative resources ..all of them. Put refineries and nuke plants to the top of the list . If not in our back yard why not near Mexico . Keep a few of them home with a job there! If your the greatest nation in the history of mankind , lets act like it. China is gearing up for a run at the worlds oil supply IMO to feed its own economic explosion. Aligning itself with the likes of Chavez to run their supply. oh what fun . I got my first car during the oil embargo of the 70s so you know how old I am. They told us in college back then we only had 30 more yrs of oil ! Have you ever seen a soccer mom try and run you over to get gas for her Tahoe so she could get to work?. I experienced it after Katrina and we live 2000 miles away. Just check out "war of the world" tom cruise version on how people behave towards each other after a crisis. Keep it flowin'

Too cold in Canada although there may be copper in Canada we need. I seem to remember Lake Superior was a hot bed for copper ore transport many yrs ago.When Americans get tired of stripping the pipes out of its cities for salvage there may be a copper rush in Canada. But back on point. A war for oil! Or more important the protection of its flow. Save the new guy bashing for the kindergarden playground. Talk all the conservation you want and what we SHOULD have done 30 yrs ago. What about today and tomorrow. Am I totaly crazy to think this country will implode if gas goes to $7,8 hell $10 a gallon or worse supply shortages. Taxing fuel has never produced new sources to my knowledge. Removing tax for alternative fuels and sources of new clean energy is good. There is a tax write off for installing solar panels on your home I believe but you don't see them on the roof of sububia next to the dish in mass numbers. It just cost too much . Protect the flow and get creative with incentives to increase the exeptance for solar, wind , wave, and other emerging sources. Back the "greenies" off enough to build a few refineries and nuke plants. Then we may have a place to negotiate with OPEC for the price of oil without aiming a missle at them.

I used to be very anti nuke. In fact I come from a country that has laws in place that bans any form of nuke power and weapons. However, as the years have gone by I have mellowed. I just wish it was 100% foolproof if it goes wrong (think Three Mile Island and Chernobyl). That's the problem. If a powerstation goes kabang, not many people affected. Ditto if a windmill at a windfarm falls over. A bit different for hydrodams -especially if a town is in the way if it fails. However, nuke power would definitely screw the oil producers (to a degree). Does anybody know how much power a nuke power plant can produce versus a coal-fired plant? more? less? About the same? I reckon if fusion can be produced economically then that could be the way to go..

Too cold in Canada although there may be copper in Canada we need. I seem to remember Lake Superior was a hot bed for copper ore transport many yrs ago.When Americans get tired of stripping the pipes out of its cities for salvage there may be a copper rush in Canada. But back on point. A war for oil! Or more important the protection of its flow. Save the new guy bashing for the kindergarden playground. Talk all the conservation you want and what we SHOULD have done 30 yrs ago. What about today and tomorrow. Am I totaly crazy to think this country will implode if gas goes to $7,8 hell $10 a gallon or worse supply shortages. Taxing fuel has never produced new sources to my knowledge. Removing tax for alternative fuels and sources of new clean energy is good. There is a tax write off for installing solar panels on your home I believe but you don't see them on the roof of sububia next to the dish in mass numbers. It just cost too much . Protect the flow and get creative with incentives to increase the exeptance for solar, wind , wave, and other emerging sources. Back the "greenies" off enough to build a few refineries and nuke plants. Then we may have a place to negotiate with OPEC for the price of oil without aiming a missle at them.

Canada. Water. Don't overlook it. Let's say McCain gets the job, remember he's from Arizona, Arizona is bloody dry (but not "dry" in the way of some of those counties in Kentucky with the no alcohol thing, jeez, what a frigging shock that was). McCain will declare war on Canada to get their water.

I can see him now putting the US Navy into the great lakes with orders to suck the water dry and pump it via Detroit to Arizona. The pipeline will have to be protected only in Detroit (just as long as it's not made of copper it may survive, if it's made of copper then it will be stripped and shipped to China by Detroit street gangs), it should be safe from there to Az.

Of course Canada won't cop that and they'll defend. The 101st Gretzkys, "The Great Ones" will spill over the border. Quebec (forgetting for a moment its secessionist tendencies) will send the 1st Habs, "Les Rockets Richard" (gimme a break I'm doing that in faux francais), with the Gretzkys and the Richards in the mix the fighting will be intense. Gloves will hit the ice. Blood will floe.

McCain will overstretch the US forces in trying to take Saskatchewan with all those lakes up north. The Canadians will use the old pincer movement and cut off the US forces in northern Saskatchewan (huh, Napoleon thought a Russian winter was bad) and starve them into submission. The 1st Habs will introduce an enhanced interrogation technique known only in Que - "poutine-boarding". Victims will be induced to eat poutine until they can take it no longer and, broken, will reveal McCain's plans.

There may be a problem for the Canadians in Alberta. Long known as "Texas on the 49th" they may well find that in Alberta that the Alta militia, "The Reverse Benedict Arnolds" may cause a problem for them in Fort McMurray. However that should be fixed. Just as in Tx when they say "one riot, one ranger", it should be easy for the RCMP with their "one insurrection, one Mountie" doctrine. Of course they have to get the Mountie to stop being so bloody nice to people or that plan will fail.

But like any conflagration there'll be an armistice. McCain will parley with Ignatieff, they'll down a few Kokanees and Coors, all will be forgiven on both sides. The new NAWTA (North American Water Trade Agreement) will be signed in lavish twin ceremonies in Ottawa and Washington and will be well again.

Remember, you read it here first.

I live in Maryland and we have Calvert Cliffs nuke pwr plant. I it has been opperating for many yrs. It produces the cheapest per KWH ele. in the state as far as i know. They are considering building a new sister plant on the same site. We as consumers are paying arround $0.17 per killowatt hour and the plant can sell it for $0.05 I believe . Putting our country in a bargaining position for the worlds oil supply by not totally being dependent on foriegn oil will reduce the need for war. Nuke power is a proven source although not without its drawbacks. It still takes approx 14 yrs to build one and put it online I believe I read somewhere so lets start now before we have to send more troops to keep the gas flowing.

Ahhh Diuretic your on to something. Water is the next oil!!!! bravo my man!! I just wish I was the guy who figured out how to put it in a bottle and sell it for a buck. I did help my son design a school project many yrs ago that put it in a square plastic container and called it H2O'2 H2O squared. You should start a new thread for this one as I don't want to hijack this thread. I'm trying to conform What about nuke plants on the Mexican border with Mexican workers!

Putting our country in a bargaining position for the worlds oil supply by not totally being dependent on foriegn oil will reduce the need for war.

So you're saying America "the great redeemer; the great liberator; the great bastion of freedom; that great nation that ALL others aspire to be" is nothing but a school yard bully??? Please tell me you haven't just figured that out? And if you haven't, can you tell the "patriots" and all other like-minded Yanks to stop blabbing on about how nice and fair and wonderful and brilliant and inclusive and "always doing the right thing morally and ethically" your country is? Once they get it through their thick skulls, they might realise a lot of people outside your borders don't dislike you because they are "jealous", they dislike you because you throw your considerable weight around to the detriment of others. Play nice America. Since 1945, you haven't been as good as you can be..:razz: :razz:

Ahhh Diuretic your on to something. Water is the next oil!!!! bravo my man!! I just wish I was the guy who figured out how to put it in a bottle and sell it for a buck. I did help my son design a school project many yrs ago that put it in a square plastic container and called it H2O'2 H2O squared. You should start a new thread for this one as I don't want to hijack this thread. I'm trying to conform What about nuke plants on the Mexican border with Mexican workers!

I'm doing a speed-Spanish course*, once I master it I will declaim. I can see something about a fajita-led economy and people can have mini-reactors at their tables to heat the fajitas in record time, a sort of superfast food and no Taco Bell. I need to work on it though, apparently there may be side-effects. Anyway it's just embryonic, I need the mental huevos to hatch as it were.

*I hope it's not a diploma mill, it's the S.Gonzales School of Spanish, they promise I can order cerveza at the cantina after just a few hours of study. A few more hours and they promise I cant eat a mezcal worm, whatever that is. I don't know if I like the sound of that though.

What "color"? Hey, what are you...a racist pig of some sort?

And I wasn't asking about spelling....or are you admitting you have a spelling problem?

I'll reserve whether this conversation is worthwhile or not...can you define "capitolism" or not?

I guess you just aren't that interesting today, steaming fecal. It must suck to try so hard to be entertaining on an internet messageboard. Clearly, hanging on my nuts like an e-barnacle makes up for your lack of relevance.

so much for offering ideals that don't reduce down to "no, fuck you , you suck." I'm cool with that game too though. It's not as if the conservative idea posted in this thread was thought out longer than it took his to talk shit on a liberal. And, what people DON'T want is to keep spending this kind of money on gas. I'm betting they would be open to a viable electronic solution were it to appeal to their sense of style, technology and pocketbook; eureka CapitAlism. Clearly, this doesn't sound like as much fun as talking shit so game on, fellas. I'll make sure to spell more words wrong so you bitches have something a feel good post this side of having your asses handed to you in national politics.

I guess you just aren't that interesting today, steaming fecal. It must suck to try so hard to be entertaining on an internet messageboard. Clearly, hanging on my nuts like an e-barnacle makes up for your lack of relevance.

so much for offering ideals that don't reduce down to "no, fuck you , you suck." I'm cool with that game too though. It's not as if the conservative idea posted in this thread was thought out longer than it took his to talk shit on a liberal. And, what people DON'T want is to keep spending this kind of money on gas. I'm betting they would be open to a viable electronic solution were it to appeal to their sense of style, technology and pocketbook; eureka CapitAlism. Clearly, this doesn't sound like as much fun as talking shit so game on, fellas. I'll make sure to spell more words wrong so you bitches have something a feel good post this side of having your asses handed to you in national politics.

Wah, don't like your own style thrown backatcha? I kinda enjoyed it. :eusa_whistle:

But to respond to your "ideals"....

First of all, most towns already have 30mph speed limits. I don't see any great demand for electric cars as a result.

Second, what idiot is going to buy a gutless electric housed in a classic muscle frame?

Third, will people put up with extra long commutes in order to drive from one town to another (or even across a metropolis)? I doubt it&#8230;they'll choose the faster car and only buy an electric if they can afford it or the price of gas becomes intolerable.

Fourth, you still need an energy source for electricity.

Fifth, mandating pimped out golf carts is not capitalism.

Canada. Water. Don't overlook it. Let's say McCain gets the job, remember he's from Arizona, Arizona is bloody dry (but not "dry" in the way of some of those counties in Kentucky with the no alcohol thing, jeez, what a frigging shock that was). McCain will declare war on Canada to get their water.

I can see him now putting the US Navy into the great lakes with orders to suck the water dry and pump it via Detroit to Arizona. The pipeline will have to be protected only in Detroit (just as long as it's not made of copper it may survive, if it's made of copper then it will be stripped and shipped to China by Detroit street gangs), it should be safe from there to Az.

Of course Canada won't cop that and they'll defend. The 101st Gretzkys, "The Great Ones" will spill over the border. Quebec (forgetting for a moment its secessionist tendencies) will send the 1st Habs, "Les Rockets Richard" (gimme a break I'm doing that in faux francais), with the Gretzkys and the Richards in the mix the fighting will be intense. Gloves will hit the ice. Blood will floe.

McCain will overstretch the US forces in trying to take Saskatchewan with all those lakes up north. The Canadians will use the old pincer movement and cut off the US forces in northern Saskatchewan (huh, Napoleon thought a Russian winter was bad) and starve them into submission. The 1st Habs will introduce an enhanced interrogation technique known only in Que - "poutine-boarding". Victims will be induced to eat poutine until they can take it no longer and, broken, will reveal McCain's plans.

There may be a problem for the Canadians in Alberta. Long known as "Texas on the 49th" they may well find that in Alberta that the Alta militia, "The Reverse Benedict Arnolds" may cause a problem for them in Fort McMurray. However that should be fixed. Just as in Tx when they say "one riot, one ranger", it should be easy for the RCMP with their "one insurrection, one Mountie" doctrine. Of course they have to get the Mountie to stop being so bloody nice to people or that plan will fail.

But like any conflagration there'll be an armistice. McCain will parley with Ignatieff, they'll down a few Kokanees and Coors, all will be forgiven on both sides. The new NAWTA (North American Water Trade Agreement) will be signed in lavish twin ceremonies in Ottawa and Washington and will be well again.

Remember, you read it here first.

LOL.....what an imagination.

However, you forgot about GLOBAL WARMING! Those Canucks will be more than happy to get rid of all that excess water.....

And if we have Global Cooling instead, it's gonna be real hard to pump ice.

:rofl:

Wah, don't like your own style thrown backatcha? I kinda enjoyed it. :eusa_whistle:

In any other thread where I was acting aggressive you might have had a point. As it is in this thread, you are slicing the achilles tendon of conversation.

But to respond to your "ideals"....

First of all, most towns already have 30mph speed limits. I don't see any great demand for electric cars as a result.

We don't have an OPTION for electric cars. Indeed, it is illegal to drive a golf cart in public traffic regardless of MPH limits. The demand is for an alternate to gas-powered vehicles. I guess you and chevy ceos are still under the impression that America wants another year of automotive phallic symbols. Gosh, I wonder if SUVs have been competitive for American made cars lately.

Good grief.. I'm talking about deregulation and you jump on a soadbox because a liberal said it.

Second, what idiot is going to buy a gutless electric housed in a classic muscle frame?

Well, I guess the clearest answer would be the sample of the American population that is tired of being a slave to the gas pump and would like an AMERICAN alternative to sending money to saudi arabia via tycoon oil ceos.

By the way, the age of horse power is over. Call me crazy but I'm betting that enough of a market would be more impressed with the bells and whistles offered than jargon that gives a mechanic a stiffy. Hell, it's the dvd players and luxury electronic components that sell cars these days... NOT some greasejockey engine schematics.

Third, will people put up with extra long commutes in order to drive from one town to another (or even across a metropolis)? I doubt it…they'll choose the faster car and only buy an electric if they can afford it or the price of gas becomes intolerable.

Did I not specifically say that this would be a facet of local travel in specific speed zones? Indeed, one certainly needs a car to go 70mph to drive in stop and go city traffic. Indeed, the price of gas IS intolorabel enough to create a market. Arent you a capitAlist?

Fourth, you still need an energy source for electricity.

Easy. We create an industry out of electricity creation. Holy SHIT! another strategy that wold have given Buckley a hardon!

Fifth, mandating pimped out golf carts is not capitalism.

Who said anything about mandating electric cars? Maybe you can quote me... I've outlined a capitAlist solution. Feel free to inject any necessary predictable objections to a liberal providing a worthwhile solution to our current gas crunch.

Forum List

Back