I'm Ok With This

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jeffex, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jeffex

jeffex Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My first post here so forgive the topic! .. I'm ok with a war for oil! America without oil is Americaos!! what president wants to go down in history as the one who lets the pumps run dry? sure lets push for alternative resources ..all of them. Put refineries and nuke plants to the top of the list . If not in our back yard why not near Mexico . Keep a few of them home with a job there! If your the greatest nation in the history of mankind , lets act like it. China is gearing up for a run at the worlds oil supply IMO to feed its own economic explosion. Aligning itself with the likes of Chavez to run their supply. oh what fun . I got my first car during the oil embargo of the 70s so you know how old I am. They told us in college back then we only had 30 more yrs of oil ! Have you ever seen a soccer mom try and run you over to get gas for her Tahoe so she could get to work?. I experienced it after Katrina and we live 2000 miles away. Just check out "war of the world" tom cruise version on how people behave towards each other after a crisis. Keep it flowin' W

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Why would you want someone else to try and kill you for oil? or try to exploit YOUR resources so they can maintain THEIR lifestyle? Are you really that selfless? Are you bothered that no lifestyle adjustment is coming from the major consumers on this planet...? The minority who consume the majority of resources?

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I'm not okay with it. If you're roughly the same age as I, then you also are aware that we've had that same 30+ years to develop a viable alternative fuel which would preclude our dependence on foreign countries who don't have the US's best interest at heart.

The US also has plenty of oil wells that once the easy to get to stuff was pumped out were just shut down with an estimated third of the harder to get to stuff just sitting there. Getting it out would cut into the oil companies' and government's profits.

We also have untapped reserves that can't be touched because of overreactionary environmentalists.

Then there's the fact we give stuff away to these countries and in some cases go so far as to provide for their defense while they financially rape us in trade.

Seems to me there are plenty of alternatives to just killing and taking if one were to give the situation even a little bit of thought.

4. jeffex

jeffex Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a them or us simple minded individual. I believe we are in Iraq to try and stabalize the region enough to keep the pumps flowing. If we removed a brutal dictator in the process ...good for us. I'm ok with it. Kuwait is a good example of a country that shares its oil wealth with each citizen. If that comes to Iraq one day way in the future then great. Your not going to make me feel guilty for wanting my family to keep its quality of life. The one thing I have learned about the developement of alternative resources is when the time comes it will happen. I will buy a hybrid when I can't afford the gas for my truck any longer. Not a minute before! I do suggest we develope the nuke power and refinery capability NOW since the turn around on that stuff is long. As you can tell I am just tired of Americans tiptoing around about their success in this world. No , I'm not advocating waste or abuse of resources but I wont feel guilty about the high quality of like even a moron like me can achieve here in the USA

5. jeffex

jeffex Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    is there no real time posting here ? is this just a function of my being new? extra scrutiny to see if I'm a kook?(yes on that by the way) hard to converse at the speed of wait . see ya

6. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The meer fact that there are other resourses that exist that can totally replace petrolium makes me sick to think that there have to be deaths at all to keep it produced..............................by a bunch of super greedy pissant gubments, corporations, and individuals..............:rolleyes: :eusa_doh: :eusa_think:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Taomon

Taomon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Wow, how myopic.

8. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    jeffex, are you drinking gasoline?

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I disagreed with your bullying attitude that because we have the power we should just go take what we want and pointed out alternatives to it. That's being nothing but a thug.

Basically, from your post, you are the EXACT type of person I referred to in my previous post. Your opinion that alternative fuels will happen when the time comes is rather ignorant, and putting off until tomorrow something that should be worked on today. Had some REAL effort been put into it back in the 70s the first time we hit an oil crunch, I think we'd be further along than we are; which, is pretty-much where we were then.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sure there's real time posting here. There just needs to be two people doing it.