I'm Ok With This

jeffex

Mar 2, 2008
My first post here so forgive the topic! .. I'm ok with a war for oil! America without oil is Americaos!! what president wants to go down in history as the one who lets the pumps run dry? sure lets push for alternative resources ..all of them. Put refineries and nuke plants to the top of the list . If not in our back yard why not near Mexico . Keep a few of them home with a job there! If your the greatest nation in the history of mankind , lets act like it. China is gearing up for a run at the worlds oil supply IMO to feed its own economic explosion. Aligning itself with the likes of Chavez to run their supply. oh what fun . I got my first car during the oil embargo of the 70s so you know how old I am. They told us in college back then we only had 30 more yrs of oil ! Have you ever seen a soccer mom try and run you over to get gas for her Tahoe so she could get to work?. I experienced it after Katrina and we live 2000 miles away. Just check out "war of the world" tom cruise version on how people behave towards each other after a crisis. Keep it flowin' W

Why would you want someone else to try and kill you for oil? or try to exploit YOUR resources so they can maintain THEIR lifestyle? Are you really that selfless? Are you bothered that no lifestyle adjustment is coming from the major consumers on this planet...? The minority who consume the majority of resources?

My first post here so forgive the topic! .. I'm ok with a war for oil! America without oil is Americaos!! what president wants to go down in history as the one who lets the pumps run dry? sure lets push for alternative resources ..all of them. Put refineries and nuke plants to the top of the list . If not in our back yard why not near Mexico . Keep a few of them home with a job there! If your the greatest nation in the history of mankind , lets act like it. China is gearing up for a run at the worlds oil supply IMO to feed its own economic explosion. Aligning itself with the likes of Chavez to run their supply. oh what fun . I got my first car during the oil embargo of the 70s so you know how old I am. They told us in college back then we only had 30 more yrs of oil ! Have you ever seen a soccer mom try and run you over to get gas for her Tahoe so she could get to work?. I experienced it after Katrina and we live 2000 miles away. Just check out "war of the world" tom cruise version on how people behave towards each other after a crisis. Keep it flowin' W

I'm not okay with it. If you're roughly the same age as I, then you also are aware that we've had that same 30+ years to develop a viable alternative fuel which would preclude our dependence on foreign countries who don't have the US's best interest at heart.

The US also has plenty of oil wells that once the easy to get to stuff was pumped out were just shut down with an estimated third of the harder to get to stuff just sitting there. Getting it out would cut into the oil companies' and government's profits.

We also have untapped reserves that can't be touched because of overreactionary environmentalists.

Then there's the fact we give stuff away to these countries and in some cases go so far as to provide for their defense while they financially rape us in trade.

Seems to me there are plenty of alternatives to just killing and taking if one were to give the situation even a little bit of thought.

I'm a them or us simple minded individual. I believe we are in Iraq to try and stabalize the region enough to keep the pumps flowing. If we removed a brutal dictator in the process ...good for us. I'm ok with it. Kuwait is a good example of a country that shares its oil wealth with each citizen. If that comes to Iraq one day way in the future then great. Your not going to make me feel guilty for wanting my family to keep its quality of life. The one thing I have learned about the developement of alternative resources is when the time comes it will happen. I will buy a hybrid when I can't afford the gas for my truck any longer. Not a minute before! I do suggest we develope the nuke power and refinery capability NOW since the turn around on that stuff is long. As you can tell I am just tired of Americans tiptoing around about their success in this world. No , I'm not advocating waste or abuse of resources but I wont feel guilty about the high quality of like even a moron like me can achieve here in the USA

is there no real time posting here ? is this just a function of my being new? extra scrutiny to see if I'm a kook?(yes on that by the way) hard to converse at the speed of wait . see ya

I'm not okay with it. If you're roughly the same age as I, then you also are aware that we've had that same 30+ years to develop a viable alternative fuel which would preclude our dependence on foreign countries who don't have the US's best interest at heart.

The US also has plenty of oil wells that once the easy to get to stuff was pumped out were just shut down with an estimated third of the harder to get to stuff just sitting there. Getting it out would cut into the oil companies' and government's profits.

We also have untapped reserves that can't be touched because of overreactionary environmentalists.

Then there's the fact we give stuff away to these countries and in some cases go so far as to provide for their defense while they financially rape us in trade.

Seems to me there are plenty of alternatives to just killing and taking if one were to give the situation even a little bit of thought.

The meer fact that there are other resourses that exist that can totally replace petrolium makes me sick to think that there have to be deaths at all to keep it produced..............................by a bunch of super greedy pissant gubments, corporations, and individuals..............:rolleyes: :eusa_doh: :eusa_think:

Wow, how myopic.

I'm a them or us simple minded individual. I believe we are in Iraq to try and stabalize the region enough to keep the pumps flowing. If we removed a brutal dictator in the process ...good for us. I'm ok with it. Kuwait is a good example of a country that shares its oil wealth with each citizen. If that comes to Iraq one day way in the future then great. Your not going to make me feel guilty for wanting my family to keep its quality of life. The one thing I have learned about the developement of alternative resources is when the time comes it will happen. I will buy a hybrid when I can't afford the gas for my truck any longer. Not a minute before! I do suggest we develope the nuke power and refinery capability NOW since the turn around on that stuff is long. As you can tell I am just tired of Americans tiptoing around about their success in this world. No , I'm not advocating waste or abuse of resources but I wont feel guilty about the high quality of like even a moron like me can achieve here in the USA

I disagreed with your bullying attitude that because we have the power we should just go take what we want and pointed out alternatives to it. That's being nothing but a thug.

Basically, from your post, you are the EXACT type of person I referred to in my previous post. Your opinion that alternative fuels will happen when the time comes is rather ignorant, and putting off until tomorrow something that should be worked on today. Had some REAL effort been put into it back in the 70s the first time we hit an oil crunch, I think we'd be further along than we are; which, is pretty-much where we were then.

is there no real time posting here ? is this just a function of my being new? extra scrutiny to see if I'm a kook?(yes on that by the way) hard to converse at the speed of wait . see ya

Sure there's real time posting here. There just needs to be two people doing it.

ltes see if this posts real time!!I'm not arguing right or wrong with anyone. I'm just pointing out that it is a luxuary of a free society to bash the government and its bully tactics while you enjoy your HD tv, SUV, and on demand climate control. The cold hard facts are that alturistic notions have not put food on the table or turned on the lights. Looking back and blaming America for not developing alternative fuels is easy . Is your proposal to raise the price of gas to a price that makes alternative fuels viable? What if we drilled for oil of the coast of CUba and anwar. How much would OPEC drop the price of oil then? Oil my friend is the elixir that Americans drink. Until its gone nothing will be done. oh by the way have your smelled high test gasoline? they shoud make after shave that smells like that!!

Lemme toss an idea your way, dude...

so, instead of trying to bend the will of the people with regulation what if we DEREGULATED the standard of vehicles that could be used in specific speed controlled areas. Say, like , 30mph in towns and shit. THEN, the entrepreneurial spirit kicks in and provides what amounts to cheap, pimped out super golf carts as an alternative to cut back on gas consumption.

I'm thinking that an electric frame could be housed in a plethora of Body styles from classic muscle cars all the way to the Batmobile. Would combustion engine Horse Power remain a premium if the population could buy a 20k alternative that looks cool as hell, has all the interior amenities and reduces oil dependency?

welcome to the club, by the way. I'll probably be arguing with you at some point.

Hey if its viable W T F . as long as golf carts don't mix with semi trucks and SUVs . I wouldn't want to live there but someone might. thanks for the welcome!! I'm used to being told what an idiot I am, I'm married!

in an urban setting where SUVs and Semi's won't reach a speed above 30mph then the risk of impact is probably not what we'd see on a major highway. Not to mention, that this would allow our society ample time to switch types of vehicles without prompting a sudden ban on gas fueled cars.

Im a liberal and Im giving you an idea based in capitolism and liberty. Appreciate that.

in an urban setting where SUVs and Semi's won't reach a speed above 30mph then the risk of impact is probably not what we'd see on a major highway. Not to mention, that this would allow our society ample time to switch types of vehicles without prompting a sudden ban on gas fueled cars.

Im a liberal and Im giving you an idea based in capitolism and liberty. Appreciate that.

What is "capitolism"?

Directives from the politburo at the capitol? :eusa_whistle:

so, what color is your spelling patrol badge? gold? silver? or pink?

did you want to hop into a worthwhile discussion?

in a capitalistic world free market factors would create the demand for such vehicles on its own or not. Artificially or legislatively restricting an area for the use of such cars is NOT free market but nice try. I'll give your Idea creedence as a plausable alternative to pollution , urban congestion, and fuel consumption reduction. I believe , however , some brainyack out there has already crunched the numbers on a urban zone and the fuzzy math didn't add up. What about Hybryd cabs inside the zone? commuter parking and mass transit to a central business district then hybryd cabs for around town movement. Americans still love thier freedom though. Conserving fuel is slowly catching on just like recycling did for baby boomers. The gas guzzlers of the late 90s til' present are just like the mussle cars of the late 60s . Fueled by relatively cheap gas prices. The oil embargo artifically reduced supply to raise prices in the 70s and Datsun (remember the datsun B210 arguh!) and Honda were the rave. The next generation may embrace the Hybryd cars who knows. But in the real world my teenager and his friends love mussle cars and SUVs that still get pretty good gas mileage compared to the 60s oh by the way I'm a pedestrian , unless I'm driving

so, what color is your spelling patrol badge? gold? silver? or pink?

did you want to hop into a worthwhile discussion?

What "color"? Hey, what are you...a racist pig of some sort?

And I wasn't asking about spelling....or are you admitting you have a spelling problem?

I'll reserve whether this conversation is worthwhile or not...can you define "capitolism" or not?

worth while discussions? oh I must be in the wrong place... hmmm did I spell any of this right. will there be a test on this sh%4

worth while discussions? oh I must be in the wrong place... hmmm did I spell any of this right. will there be a test on this sh%4

You have all of nine posts...and yes, many of the discussions are worthwhile unless of course a troll happens to be aboard. So, if the level of conversation doesn't suit you or seem worthwhile, perhaps a) it's your own lack of any real contribution; or b) perhaps this is the wrong board for you.

Just saying...

Forum List

Back