I'm Not Saying Anything.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, May 25, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Think this may be worth thinking about, if I were Melman. Links at site:

http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=1849

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    :thewave:

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    My thoughts, for what they're worth:

--People need to stop overreacting about the dreaded Religious Right.

--It's an entire year before the '06 cycle really kicks into gear and people actually start paying attention to what's going on. That gives the GOP a year to actually get some things done. I am cautiously optimistic on this. Let's not forget Bush and Kerry both had approx. 10% leads at one point or another.

--Democrats still have exactly ZERO ideas for anything, except raising taxes.

4. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah it's the usual stuff. For most people, the grass is always greener on the other side. They think the party not in power can do the better job. These are the independants in the center. Then there are the Democratic and Republican supporters. The conservative Republican supporters have probably not been very happy because of the large debt the government incurred, and because of the Shiavo case, which alienated both people for and against action. They called a Congressional vote, which angered people against, but despite having all Republicans in power, they couldn't stop it, which angered the Religious Right. Things can change a lot in a year though, but right now support for the Republicans is slipping, including the latest presidential polls.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Correct. The GOP can count on the religious right, those not alienated by borders and failure on Schaivo. The rest of their support from '04? Well you have the border issue, the SS issue, the NCLB issue, the fact that the religious right is pushing for creationism, the Schaivo debacle, the lack of coherence on WOT...

6. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I honestly have a very very hard time believing that anyone will care about Schiavo a year and a half from now. How many times has that been on the news lately? I must have missed the big national drive for creationism in the public schools. And because people are upset about the border...they will vote for the open-border-endorsing Democrats?