I'm not really what you'd call a Trump supporter, but I am curious about something.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I see Donald getting a lot of criticism for continuing his normal routines after the shooting. I'm curious, did all of you halt your lives and behaviors to mourn the victims of the shooting for some arbitrary amount of time, or did you just carry on as always?

You certainly seem to have the thought process of a Drumpf supporter. Most people are not the POTUS hence they wouldnt be attempting to show national leadership.

I see Donald getting a lot of criticism for continuing his normal routines after the shooting. I'm curious, did all of you halt your lives and behaviors to mourn the victims of the shooting for some arbitrary amount of time, or did you just carry on as always?

Average citizens don't speak for the country. The president does. Trump is the president, so yeah, he should have offered up something meaningful.

• Banned
You certainly seem to have the thought process of a Drumpf supporter. Most people are not the POTUS hence they wouldnt be attempting to show national leadership.

I don't know. Having an expectation that he would change his behavior just seems kind of dumb to me. Like, why? If it's not something the rest of us are expected to do then why should the president? Where's the leadership in moping around not carrying on as usual? I'm not even saying he's a good leader in general. I'd ask the same question if it was Obama, but something tells me you would be rationalizing it instead. ;-)

Last edited:
Trump could discover a form of clean limitless power and the left would still bitch and complain. Decades from now future generations of liberals will still be hating Trump.

I don't know. Having an expectation that he would change his behavior just seems kind of dumb to me. Like, why? If it's not something the rest of us are expected to do then why should the president? Where's the leadership in moping around not carrying on as usual? I'm not even saying he's a good leader in general. I'd ask the same question if it was Obama, but something tells me you would be rationalizing it somehow. ;-)
Like why? Maybe 17 kids getting killed and the survivors screaming at him to do something would illicit a response from most leaders. If this was Obama we would be asking a different question like why isnt Obama showing us his birth certificate?

Because he's the fucking president.

Or is the bar for president now so low that we prefer he shows no leadership ability and does nothing? At this point, maybe that is the way it should go. Just stay on the golf course, President Trump .

I don't know. Having an expectation that he would change his behavior just seems kind of dumb to me. Like, why? If it's not something the rest of us are expected to do then why should the president? Where's the leadership in moping around not carrying on as usual? I'm not even saying he's a good leader in general. I'd ask the same question if it was Obama, but something tells me you would be rationalizing it somehow. ;-)
Like why? Maybe 17 kids getting killed and the survivors screaming at him to do something would illicit a response from most leaders. If this was Obama we would be asking a different question like why isnt Obama showing us his birth certificate?

What on earth can a President do? Don a Superman outfit and become a crime fighter for America? Come on. Get real.

Average citizens don't speak for the country. The president does. Trump is the president, so yeah, he should have offered up something meaningful.

Donald Trump doesn't speak for the 1/3rd of the country that don't even acknowledge him as our president. Just ask them. And for those that support Trump, we don't need any pandering PC TV moment full of sissy words and feelings to make us feel good. We all know its a bad thing and hope a solution can be found. Just get the job done and man up.

Shit happens, Gun free zones result in a whole bunch of dead kids... it’s to be expected

He sees the gun issue differently than you do. Why specifically is it not okay that he didn't wait however long before carrying on like normal? Why is that an expectation of a leader? The rest of us certainly couldn't be bothered. Why should the president? It really just seems like a stupid criticism to me.

What on earth can a President do? Don a Superman outfit and become a crime fighter for America? Come on. Get real.
Show some decorum and leadership. Oh I forgot Drumpf is fresh out of that kind of stuff right?

Or is the bar for president now so low that we prefer he shows no leadership ability and does nothing? At this point, maybe that is the way it should go. Just stay on the golf course, President Trump .

Halting your normal routines for an arbitrary amount of time after a tragedy is a sign of powerful leadership? That's retarded.

Catch 22 argument. What is one man's leadership is another man's failure.
Thats silly Drumpf supporter talk. Drumpf has been an abysmal failure as a leader the moment he won the GOP primary.

You're right, he should have taken a page out of Obama's book and played golf.

So it's his job to can the constitution and ban guns in America? Fuck off moron.

Forum List

Back