I'm not an atheist

Lol.

Another enlightening posts. All "xtians" are brainwashed drones, while pagans and atheists are intelligent, open minded arbiters of truth and light.

Actuaally, you kind of illustrate that statement bitch. Most of what you say is biased as well as prejudiced against anything that you hold as "not right".

Are you married? Because, if you are, I feel sorry for your husband, as well as kids, if you have any.

Did your parents have any children that lived?

Problem is most atheists is they aren't exactly 'atheist'. They are really just analytical scientists - who require evidence and proof to believe things, which would really mean they just don't 'rule anything out' but have no reason to believe in a God. Sort of like applying your normal sense of analysis to all things in your life, instead of all things except one (religion/god).

An athiest is someone who is absolutly sure there is no God.
An agnostic is someone who is unsure wether there is a God or not.

Athiest never have an arguement as to why they are aethist just that they don't like christianity. Every time I debate aethist they just try to bash my religion. So now I go in as if I'm a deist (Someone who believes in a God based off the natural laws of the Universe e.g. physics and biology), so they can't use my christian beliefs against me. Most aethiest lose all arguments if you do this because they never actually study the facts they just like to bash christains.

An athiest is someone who is absolutly sure there is no God.
An agnostic is someone who is unsure wether there is a God or not.

Athiest never have an arguement as to why they are aethist just that they don't like christianity. Every time I debate aethist they just try to bash my religion. So now I go in as if I'm a deist (Someone who believes in a God based off the natural laws of the Universe e.g. physics and biology), so they can't use my christian beliefs against me. Most aethiest lose all arguments if you do this because they never actually study the facts they just like to bash christains.

Then you haven't met any real scientists or atheists, just confused people who cling to atheism for something to belong to.

Then you haven't met any real scientists or atheists, just confused people who cling to atheism for something to belong to.

Not all scientists are atheists. Some scientist are Christians. Science has proved nothing that there is or isn't a God. Evolution doesn't count, because they have not proved it could create life. We all know it can modify life already on a planet, but their is absolutely no proof that evolution created life on earth. Actually, science is getting to the point where it is getting harder and harder for them to create life in a lab. If they can't create life in lab, how can they expect us to believe it just happened accidently on this planet. Like I said before neither Atheist nor Christians have any proof of their beliefs so they both need to stop acting like they are 100% sure of what will happen after we die. I will get a source for that life creating fact shortly and post it on this page. I got it in a book called The case for a Creator, but I know everyone will just bash the book, so I'll find a site on the internet. However, I read a book that was pro evolution theory also called Intelligent Thought, and I have to say the Case for the Creator made a lot better points. Atheist and Christians need to learn the facts and have actual debates instead of pissing contests of who can scream the loudest and insult the other more, which is what I see the most of on this page.

Not all scientists are atheists. Some scientist are Christians. Science has proved nothing that there is or isn't a God. Evolution doesn't count, because they have not proved it could create life. We all know it can modify life already on a planet, but their is absolutely no proof that evolution created life on earth. Actually, science is getting to the point where it is getting harder and harder for them to create life in a lab. If they can't create life in lab, how can they expect us to believe it just happened accidently on this planet. Like I said before neither Atheist nor Christians have any proof of their beliefs so they both need to stop acting like they are 100% sure of what will happen after we die. I will get a source for that life creating fact shortly and post it on this page. I got it in a book called The case for a Creator, but I know everyone will just bash the book, so I'll find a site on the internet. However, I read a book that was pro evolution theory also called Intelligent Thought, and I have to say the Case for the Creator made a lot better points. Atheist and Christians need to learn the facts and have actual debates instead of pissing contests of who can scream the loudest and insult the other more, which is what I see the most of on this page.

Like arguing much? Why would I have mentioned both in the same sentence? Couldn't be because I was separating the two groups, though they crossover? Naw, you are right, you have to be, since your beliefs insist you are right just for believing them.

The bulk of your post is just the same blather we hear all the time (we as in those of us who think since I am not an atheist). Still, I have seen more evidence to prove the christian bibull false, and almost nothing to support it.

Like arguing much? Why would I have mentioned both in the same sentence? Couldn't be because I was separating the two groups, though they crossover? Naw, you are right, you have to be, since your beliefs insist you are right just for believing them.

The bulk of your post is just the same blather we hear all the time (we as in those of us who think since I am not an atheist). Still, I have seen more evidence to prove the christian bibull false, and almost nothing to support it.

All I was trying to say was Athiest need to stop acting like their beliefs are correct, because of science. I wasn't arguing I was debating the issues their was no insults in the whole post, except if you take that Athiest bash Christians as an insult. And you did just call the Christian bible bull (without no reason) so you sorta proved my point. If you are not an Athiest then what do you believe if you don't mind me asking. Lastly, the historical data in the Bible has been proven to be very accurate. The miracles have no scientific proof, but historically the Bible has proven to be very accurate. for example I mean locations of cities and kingdoms.

Last edited:
All I was trying to say was Athiest need to stop acting like their beliefs are correct, because of science, and I wasn't arguing I was debating the issues their was no insults in the whole post. If you are not an Athiest then what do you believe if you don't mind me asking. Lastly, the historical data in the Bible has been proven to be very accurate. The miracles have no scientific proof, but historically the Bible has proven to be very accurate. for example I mean locations of cities and kingdoms.

I follow ancient Egyptian beliefs and science (making me pagan by the true definition of the word), and from Egyptian history there is one blaring falsehood in the bibull, Jews were NEVER in Egypt at the time of the Pharoahs (I should use Arabic to spell that but then most wouldn't recognize it). That is only one, there are many more, like Noahs Ark, impossibility as well as lack of evidence, only a hoax that many people claimed to be evidence and proven fake. It was a hoax designed to show that carbon dating can be inaccurate, to that extent it did work and scientists are trying to figure out a better system for dating.

I follow ancient Egyptian beliefs and science (making me pagan by the true definition of the word), and from Egyptian history there is one blaring falsehood in the bibull, Jews were NEVER in Egypt at the time of the Pharoahs (I should use Arabic to spell that but then most wouldn't recognize it). That is only one, there are many more, like Noahs Ark, impossibility as well as lack of evidence, only a hoax that many people claimed to be evidence and proven fake. It was a hoax designed to show that carbon dating can be inaccurate, to that extent it did work and scientists are trying to figure out a better system for dating.

Thank you for telling me that. I wasn't very sure about the accuracy of the Old testament data. I do remember hearing that no Jews were in Egypt. I do know that the later information from the New Testament is accurate. They did have Census's back then (such as at the very start of the new testament), and a lot of the Names and Places match up. Overall, I believe in God based off of the Scientific complexity of our world. It just seems like it was created. I mean there are laws dictating everything (e.g. science especially physics). I do believe in Jesus though for personal and biblical reasons.
Sorry if I offended you. American's need to learn to communicate better, because their is something seriously wrong with this country.

Thank you for telling me that. I wasn't very sure about the accuracy of the Old testament data. I do remember hearing that no Jews were in Egypt. I do know that the later information from the New Testament is accurate. They did have Census's back then (such as at the very start of the new testament), and a lot of the Names and Places match up. Overall, I believe in God based off of the Scientific complexity of our world. It just seems like it was created. I mean there are laws dictating everything (e.g. science especially physics). I do believe in Jesus though for personal and biblical reasons.
Sorry if I offended you. American's need to learn to communicate better, because their is something seriously wrong with this country.

Don't worry, you didn't offend me, I was trying to clear up the miscommunication, I am just a bit snide when people try to lump everyone into one group and it does annoy me when accused of it myself. I often make distinctions between even smaller segments of groups by borrowing from their own wording, such as the difference between 'xtians' and 'christians', the former I use to identify those who are blind followers, while the latter are for those who are intelligent and thinkers.

poor allie...i wonder how they will act when they are in the minority?

Sort of true, but here is your only flaw with that statement, you cannot lump all atheists into one group any more than you can say all pagans are Wiccan. While it is easy to lump most xtians into the same group because they are brainwashed to think the same way, other groups and the christians who actually think for themselves, especially atheists, are all very unique.

Yeah, well that's why I said 'most'. As anyone who claims to need proof to believe in something, would never rule anything out completely without proof as well. So, most people who don't believe in God don't actually believe "there is NO god" - they just do not "believe there is" god.

And really, if we apply our standard analysis evenly, without hypocrisy - most wouldn't have a reason to believe in God anyhow, as that belief would not pass their normal test for validity (again...most).

Yeah, well that's why I said 'most'. As anyone who claims to need proof to believe in something, would never rule anything out completely without proof as well. So, most people who don't believe in God don't actually believe "there is NO god" - they just do not "believe there is" god.

And really, if we apply our standard analysis evenly, without hypocrisy - most wouldn't have a reason to believe in God anyhow, as that belief would not pass their normal test for validity (again...most).

I am one who believes there is no God. It goes beyond logic. It's something that feels right to me.

I am one who believes there is no God. It goes beyond logic. It's something that feels right to me.

Not true (sorry). You don't believe there is a God - I agree. But you do not believe 'there is no god', unless you have come across some evidence?
If you think logic is important, you cannot rule something out without cause to do so. If it's just a 'feeling' then you wouldn't put much stock in it as feelings change all the time... of course, the whole thing rests on a clear definition of what a God is, otherwsie you'd have no basis for any of this.

So, what is a God?

Not true (sorry). You don't believe there is a God - I agree. But you do not believe 'there is no god', unless you have come across some evidence?
If you think logic is important, you cannot rule something out without cause to do so. If it's just a 'feeling' then you wouldn't put much stock in it as feelings change all the time... of course, the whole thing rests on a clear definition of what a God is, otherwsie you'd have no basis for any of this.

So, what is a God?

I love when people try to tell me what I believe.

I am new to this board, was on Yahoo, but their software is really shitty so I am bringing the good posters from there with me to this one. After a long search. So I can't tell if someone is serious or not yet.

However, I should warn you, I start off serious, until people get to know me, then I get ... well goofy. Though I do use chat-like tags to show when I am being goofy, like *grin* and *smirk*. If they were using sarcasm then that's cool. Just hoping they were because anyone who thinks like that is just as bad as ... well my thoughts on xtian fundies (a term that does not include all christians, only the majority who are pretty sick and twisted).

Belt up you ponce.:lol:

So, what is a God?

This is the one thing most atheists miss, as well as many christians. The meaning of the word god is something which has the power of life and death over you, well, the original meaning. It is not a name but a title. Many ancient cultures used the same title for their rulers and leaders, because they did. Thus is also why the natural progression from animals to solar bodies, then eventually to larger than life myths. We gained the poser over these so the gods that were once all powerful to us became servants, food, or even nothing but big balls of fire and gas. So as a species we had to invent some bigger ones, ones that we hoped would never be discovered so we could keep looking.

I love when people try to tell me what I believe.

It seemed you contradicted your position by the manner in which you posted. DOn't be surprised when people contradict themselves, usually not on purpose - I never am!

So, you rule out God's existence, without a definition of what God would be, or a reason to rule it out in the first place... hmm, maybe someone SHOULD tell you what you believe. What logical process do you go through in other areas of life - if any? Hopefully a more measured, thoughtful one than so far expressed. I don't believe in God either - but for the same reasons I don't believe in Superman or Zeus.

Forum List

Back