“I’m German, I don’t pay”. Serial scrounger expelled

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
– “I’m German, I don’t pay.” For months, ‘Roland the scrounger’ has been the nightmare of half of Florence’s restaurateurs and bar owners, eating and drinking without ever paying a penny. Even after being arrested and subsequently released, he continued where he had left off. But Italian justice has finally run its course, and the judge Gaetano Magnelli has sentenced him to two years and two months in jail, as well as ordering his expulsion from Italy. Roland Siedler, 38, will now have to make do with the fare on offer at Sollicciano prison, where he is in custody awaiting repatriation to Germany. He will not be released in the meantime, since the court believed that he would probably fall back into his old ways, going to eat at a bar or restaurant, only to make off without paying.

“Italians pay”
Roland the German has visited a fair number of local eateries, with a soft spot for top establishments in Florence and the surrounding area. Just to give you an idea: he knocked back seven beers at the legendary Giacosa, opposite Palazzo Strozzi, and then three strong ales at Bar Palazzo Vecchio, in Piazza della Signoria. His next target was a historic bar in Piazza della Repubblica Square, before he went on to munch his way through a T-bone Chianina steak at the Gallo Nero restaurant in Greve in Chianti, washed down with the area’s fine wine. All of this without reaching for his wallet, of course. And if anyone asks him to cough up, he invariably answers: “Italians pay; I’m German”.

Weirdo. Clever Weirdo.

– “I’m German, I don’t pay.” For months, ‘Roland the scrounger’ has been the nightmare of half of Florence’s restaurateurs and bar owners, eating and drinking without ever paying a penny. Even after being arrested and subsequently released, he continued where he had left off. But Italian justice has finally run its course, and the judge Gaetano Magnelli has sentenced him to two years and two months in jail, as well as ordering his expulsion from Italy. Roland Siedler, 38, will now have to make do with the fare on offer at Sollicciano prison, where he is in custody awaiting repatriation to Germany. He will not be released in the meantime, since the court believed that he would probably fall back into his old ways, going to eat at a bar or restaurant, only to make off without paying.

“Italians pay”
Roland the German has visited a fair number of local eateries, with a soft spot for top establishments in Florence and the surrounding area. Just to give you an idea: he knocked back seven beers at the legendary Giacosa, opposite Palazzo Strozzi, and then three strong ales at Bar Palazzo Vecchio, in Piazza della Signoria. His next target was a historic bar in Piazza della Repubblica Square, before he went on to munch his way through a T-bone Chianina steak at the Gallo Nero restaurant in Greve in Chianti, washed down with the area’s fine wine. All of this without reaching for his wallet, of course. And if anyone asks him to cough up, he invariably answers: “Italians pay; I’m German”.

Weirdo. Clever Weirdo.

would that work here?

“Italians pay”

Weirdo. Clever Weirdo.
He's an asshole and a thief. Surprised it took so long to get arrested. Germans pay their bills too.

“Italians pay”

Weirdo. Clever Weirdo.
He's an asshole and a thief. Surprised it took so long to get arrested. Germans pay their bills too.

“Italians pay”

Weirdo. Clever Weirdo.

He was arrested and then released.

Forum List

Back