I'm Feeding My Pits A Dozen Fat Juicy Pork Chops This Morning!!

The rest of you cheap ass dog owners are obviously animal abusers. :evil:

At least that's what my pups say.... :lol:

Discuss...

Bless your soul for trying to rock on this.

I've run on odd diets because we always had to accomadate sp? different souls.

So I had 6 to 8 weeks at cut off dates completely so my babies didn't go into shock at the new home.

By ten weeks we knew what we could expect in the household. We made the feeding appropriately to each owner unto their means and what was accessible for the local diet

Most folks can't even imagine a true diet. Raw to half cooked.

Hey I bred Catahoulas. They preferred taking down the pizza dude rather than eating the pizza.

:lol:

And by the way I really am a certified NALC breeder. I love working/ hunting dogs. I'm done my time with the CKC over Afghan Hounds. I'm tired with them.

Not the breed just the assholes who breed sight hounds up her.

I'm going to stay with working dogs that don't go in the ring with a guy in a tuxedo compared to Uncle Earls in Winnfield.

If anyone knows my breed you would understand the dude at the microphone at Westminster Show.

Mine would be the dogs with Betty White and Bob Barker screaming that my Jim Dandy et al had them bayed up in the stand.

And I'd be cheering but Traveller would be going oh my god honest it's a Pomeranian for Christ sakes its NOT A FOX Bad Ass Its a Pomeranian..

Daddy said go back in your crate BA. It's not a fox.

That's what we bred. That's what I love. I only have my foundation bitch left.

But a wonderous journey. Backround music Go Jim Dandy.

You don't have to buy stuff in a bag to feed your dog responsibly and well.

People have been programmed to "dog food".

All these breeds that are out there have not just survived they have excelled on natural diets. They have brought us to where we now.

Not one dog on the planet has ever survived chasing an IAMs or SCIENCE DIET bag some where.

Oh look at the moment.:eusa_angel:

The Saluki is stalking the Iams bag as it tries to corner it before the pond.

That boat don't float

Last edited:
You don't have to buy stuff in a bag to feed your dog responsibly and well.

I say what let's do....let him feed his dogs YOU :lol:

Highly indigestible.

Where did Marremas get their food in the 1800's?

Pedigree Pal? I know. Somewhere some one brought over ALPO. Yuppers that's have always eaten.

Somewhere in the desert some local yahoo called an Egyptian Prince called for his electrical can opener and said "feed Duke".

Or a breed that parallels mine. All capable of hunting game that is appropriate to their size and temperament. (Pequeno-rabbits, Medio-rabbits and wild boar, Grande-deer and wild boar)

Three types of of a breed. Same mind set but hell's bells none of us could give a shit at Westminster.

I think Huggy is quite commendable sp? for trying to do natural

I couldn't as a breeder. Because "after mom" you have to find an across the board deal, but affordable at the same time for those new parents. And many don't even do a natural diet themselves.

You always want to give your best to them. High end Iams my preference. Basic Alpo with supplements.

And a whole lotta love that spans the price gap. It works.

Huggy what did you call your new baby? And super congrats.

We're looking for a black and tan. I only have my foundation bitch left and she'll rocking be rocking my Ruby Starr. And she better keep rocking for all the money I spent on her in December.:lol:

We couldn't put her down. She was still P&V. 12 years. I owed her if we could even go on a few more months.

But I'm scouting now for a black and tan coonhound. You have to understand that both of us adore pits and staffies, but where we are now there are bans on pits or even any dog that looks like a pit.

I'm trying to overturn this. I have never believed ever ever ever in breed bans.

I'll go for a blue tick though.

He's trying to live vicariously through his dogs by feeding them the way he can't feed himself. He seems more concerned with how his diet affects his health and not so much the how the unwise things he feeds his dogs will affect theirs. That is a very bad dog owner.

I'm what? The vet says these dogs couldn't be in better condition. Maybe I'm all wet but I go with the theory that domesticated dogs came from wolves. You don't think wolves ate every bone they came across including skin/hide. Then as dogs became domesticated they ate whatever humans ate plus the scraps that humans could not eat. Early man did not have the time to provide seperate diets for dogs. The best dogs were owned by the leaders of the human tribes so they enjoyed beter cooked meats when available and vegetables and grain products. They also ate fish which had bones. The food I prepare is almost 100 percent natural. Rice...pastas all whole grain.. I cook with olive oil exclusively.
Muffins...whole grain.. OK the little bit of chocolate is not good for them but by body weight it is insignificant.

As far as some bizzar transferance... WTF??? I eat what I want in moderation. The water is not excessive because these dogs work hard and play hard all day long. They don't walk anywhere..much..again...each dog runs up and down an average of three hundred flights of stairs every day..plus 450 feet times a hundred which is just short of ten miles...they are usually at a full sprint until they have a target intruder isolated then they go into hyper mode and probably burn more energy just standing thier ground and presenting a threatening posture until I confirm what they find.

They are very active gaurd dogs. That's what I do...gaurd private property...as well as other things but for the last 2 plus years I have been doing primarily that..in a very bad neighborhood with many intrusions every day.

I recognise you care about dogs as well. I believe mine are as well loved, fed and maintained as any.

I constantly get praise from people that see them that they are two of the most beautiful and physically impressive pit bulls they have ever seen.

You may not agree with thier diet but I know that these pups are as happy in my care as possible and both would lay down thier lives for me without hesitation.

He's trying to live vicariously through his dogs by feeding them the way he can't feed himself. He seems more concerned with how his diet affects his health and not so much the how the unwise things he feeds his dogs will affect theirs. That is a very bad dog owner.

I'm what? The vet says these dogs couldn't be in better condition. Maybe I'm all wet but I go with the theory that domesticated dogs came from wolves. You don't think wolves ate every bone they came across including skin/hide. Then as dogs became domesticated they ate whatever humans ate plus the scraps that humans could not eat. Early man did not have the time to provide seperate diets for dogs. The best dogs were owned by the leaders of the human tribes so they enjoyed beter cooked meats when available and vegetables and grain products. They also ate fish which had bones. The food I prepare is almost 100 percent natural. Rice...pastas all whole grain.. I cook with olive oil exclusively.
Muffins...whole grain.. OK the little bit of chocolate is not good for them but by body weight it is insignificant.

As far as some bizzar transferance... WTF??? I eat what I want in moderation. The water is not excessive because these dogs work hard and play hard all day long. They don't walk anywhere..much..again...each dog runs up and down an average of three hundred flights of stairs every day..plus 450 feet times a hundred which is just short of ten miles...they are usually at a full sprint until they have a target intruder isolated then they go into hyper mode and probably burn more energy just standing thier ground and presenting a threatening posture until I confirm what they find.

They are very active gaurd dogs. That's what I do...gaurd private property...as well as other things but for the last 2 plus years I have been doing primarily that..in a very bad neighborhood with many intrusions every day.

I recognise you care about dogs as well. I believe mine are as well loved, fed and maintained as any.

I constantly get praise from people that see them that they are two of the most beautiful and physically impressive pit bulls they have ever seen.

You may not agree with thier diet but I know that these pups are as happy in my care as possible and both would lay down thier lives for me without hesitation.

Huggy I think you are doing great and I love the fact that I've met someone on line that is passionate about pits.

We love them dearly. Have for years. Only reason we ever ran with Ridgeback and Catahoulas is the breed bans that were coming in and we didn't want to risk ever ever losing a dog on a breed ban.

Hell's bells the Dog Whisperer as he is known was not allowed to bring his famous and beloved Junior to a huge show here just recently. We are still attempting to overthrow the ban. Technically he could bring him but only if he was treated worse than you could imagine. See link.

No shit.

News Winnipeg
Dog Whisperer won't bring pit bull
Forbidden by law in some provinces

JILLIAN AUSTIN, Winnipeg Sun

First posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 09:30 PM CDT | Updated: Thursday, November 04, 2010 09:33 PM CDT

Fans of Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan won't be seeing his famous pit bull, Junior, at the upcoming Winnipeg show.

Due to laws banning pit bulls in some provinces, Millan had to leave his right-hand pooch at home during his 11-city Canadian tour.

Jana-Rai Dufault, owner of Urban Canine doggy daycare, organized the successful campaign to bring Millan to Winnipeg, after the original tour dates left Winnipeg off of the itinerary.

Dufault was disappointed to hear Junior won't be taking the stage with Millan.

"It's really unfortunate that this had to happen," she said. "I think there's a preconceived notion about pit bulls, but it is the human that can essentially make or break a dog."

Dufault said Canadian fans are missing out, and without Junior, the dynamic of the show will change.

"When you have a dog like Junior who is so incredibly balanced and teaches other dogs that aren't banned good behaviour ... it's sad (that he can't be here)," she said.

"Literally, he's leaving his sidekick at home. I'm so sad Junior is not coming."

In Ontario, it's illegal to bring pit bulls into the province. Winnipeg also has a pit bull ban, which has been in effect since 1990. But in Winnipeg, pit bulls are allowed temporarily for the purpose of shows or contests.

"(Pit bulls) are allowed in Winnipeg for a dog show or in a contest or event such as Flyball," said Ted Turk, with the city's animal services department.

"When they are away from the event, they have to be securely kennelled or muzzled, and on a chain or leash not exceeding six feet in length."

The bylaw was put in place due to the potential for serious dog bites, he said.

Millan wraps up his Canadian tour in Winnipeg at MTS Centre on Nov. 14.

[email protected]

Last edited:

When was dog food invented?

Just curious. Really want you to tell me what Chinese Emperor started off his Pekingese on Gravy Train?

I know you brilliant one please clue me in on how the Saluki owners in BC made it to their local Wal Mart to grab Purina High intensity dog food for high energy breeds.

all breeding should be stopped.....for at least 10 years....i am heavy into neuter and spaying....

as for the raw diet....i did it for months...its expensive....and the dogs got really aggressive at feeding time...

Our vet told us it was bad for them. It messes up their digestive system

Maybe the truth is that dogs like most mammals do better with what they are used to eating.

Burger King burgers give me indigestion. Thinking about McDonalds gives me idigestion.

I feed my dogs as I have since they were puppies. They have NO digestion issues.

No problem feeding meat to your dogs.

I feed mine raw pork neck bones, raw chicken wings, chicken livers, beef heart and liver.

Cooking chicken, bone in, is not wise though. Cooked chicken bones can splinter and cause problems.

Raw is the way to go. My dogs love any and all raw stuff I give em. I also feed Taste of the Wild no grain food. Would't touch beneful with anyones 10 foot pole.

Most of the dog food you can buy in the supermarket ain't worth a shit.

Brands like Eukanuba, Iams, Natural Choice and were all on the list of dog food that were lethal to dogs back in 2007. Wheat gluten from China was the culprit.

Hell most folks think Sciense is great because Vets sell it in their offices. Vets get a kick back for selling it.

If you really want a scare then look up commercial dog food on the internet

Last edited:
You should never feed dogs Pork.. Just sayin

Really? You have to be kidding. Pray tell why not. I feed my pits chops about three or four times a month. They are the healthiest happiest dogs on the planet. Guess what else they eat even more often... Chicken wings! 3-4 times a week ..about 2 pnds each. I fully cook the chops and wings and mix cooked rice with the gravy. They also get spagetti with a heavy meat(hamburger) tomato base red sauce with a blend of cheeses and chicken breast meat with noodles with a delicious alfredo heavy on the sour creme with parmesan cheese.

They get hot meals twice a day. With the hot meals they also have a dish large(2qt) with half Purina Benefil kibbles and half compressed bones normally used as treats. ALSO they always have the big 2 or 3 ft rawhides and the large dried cow bones available to chew on. Youve never seen two better looking pups. Thier coats are shiny and they are very active. They don't have any parasites inside or out. They both smell great and have sweet breath.

That chicken bone thing is pure crap. Tonight I cook two whole chickens in teriaki sauce, chop em up in bite size pieces on a bed of rice. They also like thier food spicey..thier favorite is Louisiana hot sauce.

Not only THAT but for desert before bedtime they get a extra large heated poppyseed muffin covered with chunks of vanilla ice creme and a thin drizzle of chocolate sauce on top.

Both these dogs have eaten like that every day...one for two years...the other for three years.

They run up and down three stories around a hundred times a day and back and forth over 150 ft decks to burn off the calories.

Spoiled? YOU Damn Skippy! These dogs work with me and will do anything I ask/tell them to.

If you ask me there are a lot of wives tales out there that don't add up to shit.

But as you were saying... what's wrong with pork?

Good lord Huggy, those pits eat better than some humans.:eek:

You should never feed dogs Pork.. Just sayin

Really? You have to be kidding. Pray tell why not. I feed my pits chops about three or four times a month. They are the healthiest happiest dogs on the planet. Guess what else they eat even more often... Chicken wings! 3-4 times a week ..about 2 pnds each. I fully cook the chops and wings and mix cooked rice with the gravy. They also get spagetti with a heavy meat(hamburger) tomato base red sauce with a blend of cheeses and chicken breast meat with noodles with a delicious alfredo heavy on the sour creme with parmesan cheese.

They get hot meals twice a day. With the hot meals they also have a dish large(2qt) with half Purina Benefil kibbles and half compressed bones normally used as treats. ALSO they always have the big 2 or 3 ft rawhides and the large dried cow bones available to chew on. Youve never seen two better looking pups. Thier coats are shiny and they are very active. They don't have any parasites inside or out. They both smell great and have sweet breath.

That chicken bone thing is pure crap. Tonight I cook two whole chickens in teriaki sauce, chop em up in bite size pieces on a bed of rice. They also like thier food spicey..thier favorite is Louisiana hot sauce.

Not only THAT but for desert before bedtime they get a extra large heated poppyseed muffin covered with chunks of vanilla ice creme and a thin drizzle of chocolate sauce on top.

Both these dogs have eaten like that every day...one for two years...the other for three years.

They run up and down three stories around a hundred times a day and back and forth over 150 ft decks to burn off the calories.

Spoiled? YOU Damn Skippy! These dogs work with me and will do anything I ask/tell them to.

If you ask me there are a lot of wives tales out there that don't add up to shit.

But as you were saying... what's wrong with pork?

Good lord Huggy, those pits eat better than some humans.:eek:

Better than 75% of people on the planet....easily. But then I don't have to count on most people having my back. Just yesterday I went out in the van to do some SB shopping and upon return there was a guy prowling cars in the lot near where I park my two vehicles. The dude was sneaking up on me from behind and I didn't see him until I had opened the side door and Dre streaked out past me without making a sound and was leaping up to drive his 120 lbs right through the guy. Angel (70lbs the real mean one of the two)was staying behind me literally watching my back and I just barely got a hold of Dre's choke chain. What was cool was that the dogs made no sound ...just acted like some kinda really cool Ninjas. The dude was so shocked that he froze and started babbling about wanting me to sell him some cigaretts which was 180 degrees from how he was presenting himself before he saw the pups.. I wasn't smoking. I yelled at him to get the fuck outta my property or I would allow the dogs tear his ass up. No big deal... he ran away. Hate to say it to you but the idiot was black. His backup ploy is a comon ruse in muggings in this area. I didn't see a weapon and he didn't look capable of taking me physically ...Just a typical early twenties street thug lookin type. Lot of desperate people on the streets up here. Anyway... the dogs are gold. That's how I treat em.

Forum List

Back