I'm depressed

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Everywhere I look, all I see is STAR WARS, STAR WARS, STAR WARS, and if I were still young, I'd be in heaven. All through my childhood years, I loved the original trilogy and often lamented the fact that I was born too late to see any of them in theaters or to get any of the good toys (all my Star Wars toys came from flea markets, believe it or not).

And, now, I find that I don't care at all. Maybe it's got something to do with Lucas' constant tweaking of episodes 4-6 (which annoys the hell out of me) or maybe it was because I HATED Attack of the Clones, but whatever it was, I simply have no drive to see the new movie at all. And that kind of depresses me, first because that's all ANYONE'S talking about and all they will talk about for the next 5 days, at least. And second, I sort of feel like I'm betraying my younger self in a way. I feel like I should be excited just because this would've been the greatest thing ever when I was a kid.

Hey, watch what you say about maturing.

I think the last two Star Wars stunk, too. Yes, it's hard to get excited over the one about to be released. I'm hoping that this one will make up for them. The origional Star Wars were awesome.

Dan said:
Everywhere I look, all I see is STAR WARS, STAR WARS, STAR WARS, and if I were still young, I'd be in heaven. All through my childhood years, I loved the original trilogy and often lamented the fact that I was born too late to see any of them in theaters or to get any of the good toys (all my Star Wars toys came from flea markets, believe it or not).

And, now, I find that I don't care at all. Maybe it's got something to do with Lucas' constant tweaking of episodes 4-6 (which annoys the hell out of me) or maybe it was because I HATED Attack of the Clones, but whatever it was, I simply have no drive to see the new movie at all. And that kind of depresses me, first because that's all ANYONE'S talking about and all they will talk about for the next 5 days, at least. And second, I sort of feel like I'm betraying my younger self in a way. I feel like I should be excited just because this would've been the greatest thing ever when I was a kid.

No dan, it's ok. You're just growing up! Now there's girls!

I have heard that this one is much "darker" than the previous. I wasn't over excited about the last one - which made my anticipation of this one a bit on the low side.

But you know what I am excited about? They are re-making the Bad News Bears! With Billy Bob Thorton!

What a movie!!!!!!!

I wonder what would happen if there was a remake of Barbershop with Woody Harrelson, Ray Romano, etc (a bunch of white guys).

Would some Hollywood/non Hollywood types call that racist?

GotZoom said:
I wonder what would happen if there was a remake of Barbershop with Woody Harrelson, Ray Romano, etc (a bunch of white guys).

Would some Hollywood/non Hollywood types call that racist?
You could bet on it.

Dan, I know what it is. Are you ready?

Sitting down?

You have matured.

You take that back!

Nah, you're right, I just don't know if I wanna mature or not!

But you know what I am excited about? They are re-making the Bad News Bears! With Billy Bob Thorton!

What a movie!!!!!!!

YES! I am very excited about this, and it's directed by Richard Linklater, one of my favorite directors and one of the only directors of the past ten years or so who's actually been able to make a decent kids' movie (School of Rock). I know for a fact it won't be as good as the original for two reasons:

1) Matthau was classic in that and while Billy Bob is a great choice, he won't match Matthau

and

2) I'm willing to bet all my belongings that this line (the funniest in the movie) will not be in the new one: "All we got on this team are a buncha Jews, spics, *******, pansies, and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Dan said:
You take that back!........

.....I'm willing to bet all my belongings that this line (the funniest in the movie) will not be in the new one: "All we got on this team are a buncha Jews, spics, *******, pansies, and a booger-eatin' moron!"

OK. I take it back. You are immature.

No bet.

And have you seen the "Honeymooner" trailer?!?
Please do not tell me this is a remake of The Honeymooners. Please?

While we're talking remakes, I saw the trailer for the Dukes of Hazzard movie, which actually looks halfway decent (though the trailer relies way too heavily on car stunts). They've got Stifler and Johnny Knoxville playing the Duke boys, Willie Nelson as Uncle Jessie, and Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. The only bad thing is Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke (make fun of me if you want, she annoys me, she's Paris Hilton with a better singing voice). Sure, the fact that they're even making it is blasphemy, but it could be entertaining.

Y'know, that would actually be hilarious. Sure, it'd get boycotted and you'd probably never work again, but man that'd be a great satire. Call it Coffee Shop or something, and just have a bunch of really white white people just talking crap about black people for an hour and a half? I'd watch it!

OK. I take it back. You are immature.

No bet.

Oh, c'mon, don't even try to tell me you didn't find a tiny little eight year old kid saying that line funny! Not because it had the n-word or anything, it's just funny, the kid doesn't know what he's saying!

I believe it would be the number one grossing movie.

Nah, I don't think it would. You'd have a lot of people who were offended by it, either hating it because it's racist or loving it because it's racist. That's what I think would happen, anyway.

Dan said:
Nah, I don't think it would. You'd have a lot of people who were offended by it, either hating it because it's racist or loving it because it's racist. That's what I think would happen, anyway.

Those who were offended would wait until the DVD came out - then buy it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back