For the "Star Wars" Fans

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
From a subscription site:

You'll Need the Force to Answer These Questions
Herald-Times Newspapers, May 19, 2005

Hey you scruffy-lookin' nerf-herders! Think you're so "Star Wars" smart? Try these trivia questions in mild, medium and extra-spicy.

Kid Stuff
1. What is the name of Han Solo's ship?
2. What is the weapon used by Jedi Knights?
3. Which young Jedi Knight becomes Darth Vader in "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith"?
4. What Wookiee is Han Solo's loyal friend and first mate?
5. Who is Luke and Leia's mother?
6. How many members are there in the Jedi Council?
7. In the "Star Wars" films, what invisible power binds the galaxy together?
8. Who are the masters of the Dark Side who want to rule the galaxy?

Tougher Trivia
1. What were the last words spoken in "The Empire Strikes Back?"
2. What animals did the visual effects crew study when designing the Imperial Walkers from "The Empire Strikes Back?"
3. Which country was the home base for principal photography on "Revenge of the Sith"?
4. Which "Star Wars" movie was the first to be shot entirely with high-definition cameras, without using traditional 35-millimeter film?
5. What U.S. magazine declared "Star Wars" "the year's best movie" in its May 30, 1977, issue?
6. Which star of "Revenge of the Sith" is the real-life nephew of Denis Lawson, who played Wedge in the first "Star Wars" trilogy?
7. According to "Star Wars" legend, what substance powers lightsabers?
8. How much does the Chewbacca costume weigh?

You Really Have to Be Into It
1. What Ewok medicine man presided over the attempt to make a roast of Han Solo in "Return of the Jedi"?
2. Lando Clarissian's operation on Cloud City mines what type of gas?
3. The Empire attacked the Rebel base on Hoth with four-legged Imperial Walkers, or AT-ATs. What does AT-AT stand for?
4. What planet is home to Chewbacca and the Wookiees?
5. What is the species of the diminutive workers on Cloud City who helped freeze Han Solo in carbonite?
6. What type of battle armor does Boba Fett wear?
7. Han Solo upgraded his beloved Millennium Falcon from which stock starship?
8. Who preceded Senator Palpatine as Chancellor of the Galactic Senate?

Questions courtesy of 20th Century Fox

A few board members have indicated to me they prefer not to have the quiz answers right away, so I will post the answers to the above on Saturday morning.

The Answers:

Kid Stuff
1. Millennium Falcon
2. 2. Lightsaber
3. Anakin Skywalker
4. Chewbacca
5. Padme Amidala
6. 12
7. The Force
8. The Sith

Tougher:
1. “May the Force be with you.”
2. Elephants
3. Australia
4. “Attack of the Clones”
5. Time
6. Ewan McGregor
7. Ilum crystals
8. 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms, ½ stone)

You Really Have to Be Into It:
1. Logray
2. Tibanna gas
3. All Terrain-Armored Transport
4. Kashyyyk
5. Ugnaughts
6. Mandalorian
7. The YT-1300 stock light freighter
8. Chancellor Valorum

Hey you scruffy-lookin' nerf-herders! Think you're so "Star Wars" smart? Try these trivia questions in mild, medium and extra-spicy.

Kid Stuff
1. What is the name of Han Solo's ship? Millenium Falcon
2. What is the weapon used by Jedi Knights? Lightsabers
3. Which young Jedi Knight becomes Darth Vader in "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith"? Anakin Skywalker
4. What Wookiee is Han Solo's loyal friend and first mate? Chewbacca
5. Who is Luke and Leia's mother? Padme
6. How many members are there in the Jedi Council? 12?
7. In the "Star Wars" films, what invisible power binds the galaxy together? Force; Midichlorians
8. Who are the masters of the Dark Side who want to rule the galaxy?
Sith

Tougher Trivia
1. What were the last words spoken in "The Empire Strikes Back?" Conversation between Lando and Luke about finding Han
2. What animals did the visual effects crew study when designing the Imperial Walkers from "The Empire Strikes Back?" Elephants
3. Which country was the home base for principal photography on "Revenge of the Sith"? I hate these questions. Nothing to do with the story
4. Which "Star Wars" movie was the first to be shot entirely with high-definition cameras, without using traditional 35-millimeter film? Episode 1. :rolleyes:
5. What U.S. magazine declared "Star Wars" "the year's best movie" in its May 30, 1977, issue? Who cares
6. Which star of "Revenge of the Sith" is the real-life nephew of Denis Lawson, who played Wedge in the first "Star Wars" trilogy? again who cares. Nothing to do with the story.
7. According to "Star Wars" legend, what substance powers lightsabers? Power Crystal
8. How much does the Chewbacca costume weigh? who cares

1. What Ewok medicine man presided over the attempt to make a roast of Han Solo in "Return of the Jedi"? hard one.
2. Lando Clarissian's operation on Cloud City mines what type of gas? Tobana
3. The Empire attacked the Rebel base on Hoth with four-legged Imperial Walkers, or AT-ATs. What does AT-AT stand for? all-terrain armored transport
4. What planet is home to Chewbacca and the Wookiees? Kashykk
5. What is the species of the diminutive workers on Cloud City who helped freeze Han Solo in carbonite? hard one.
6. What type of battle armor does Boba Fett wear? Mandalorian
7. Han Solo upgraded his beloved Millennium Falcon from which stock starship? YT-1300
8. Who preceded Senator Palpatine as Chancellor of the Galactic Senate? Chancellor Valorum

I got all the kid stuff right. Dont care about what assistant directors son was the 35th extra or whatever bullshit side stuff there is. So second group i dont care mostly. Then the "geek" ones i got all but 1 and 5.

Pretty good.

Didn't Google any of this stuff and didn't scroll down. Will check answers after posting.

Kid Stuff
1. What is the name of Han Solo's ship? Millenium Falcon
2. What is the weapon used by Jedi Knights? Lightsaber
3. Which young Jedi Knight becomes Darth Vader in "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith"? Anakin Skywalker
4. What Wookiee is Han Solo's loyal friend and first mate? Chewbacca
5. Who is Luke and Leia's mother? Padme Amidala Skywalker
6. How many members are there in the Jedi Council? 12, I think (never bothered to count)
7. In the "Star Wars" films, what invisible power binds the galaxy together? The Force (was that one really necessary)
8. Who are the masters of the Dark Side who want to rule the galaxy? The Sith

Tougher Trivia
1. What were the last words spoken in "The Empire Strikes Back?" We'll contact you when we find Han and that bounty hunter. (or something like that) If you want to be technical, the last line was actually something more like raaaaaaaaaawr arwarwarwar.
2. What animals did the visual effects crew study when designing the Imperial Walkers from "The Empire Strikes Back?" I'm going to guess elephants. That's what it looks like to me.
3. Which country was the home base for principal photography on "Revenge of the Sith"? can't remember this one. not big on "making of" trivia
4. Which "Star Wars" movie was the first to be shot entirely with high-definition cameras, without using traditional 35-millimeter film? Episode I, I'm guessing. see above
5. What U.S. magazine declared "Star Wars" "the year's best movie" in its May 30, 1977, issue? No clue. see above and I wasn't alive in '77
6. Which star of "Revenge of the Sith" is the real-life nephew of Denis Lawson, who played Wedge in the first "Star Wars" trilogy? Ewen McGregor
7. According to "Star Wars" legend, what substance powers lightsabers? Some sort of crystals that have been imbued with the force. Other than that, it's basically a static blaster bolt, or so I've heard.
8. How much does the Chewbacca costume weigh? a lot

1. What Ewok medicine man presided over the attempt to make a roast of Han Solo in "Return of the Jedi"? no clue. only ewok I know is Wicket
2. Lando Clarissian's operation on Cloud City mines what type of gas? tibanna
3. The Empire attacked the Rebel base on Hoth with four-legged Imperial Walkers, or AT-ATs. What does AT-AT stand for? All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-ST and AT-PT stand for All Terrain Scout Transport and All Terrain Patrol Transport)
4. What planet is home to Chewbacca and the Wookiees? Kashyyk
5. What is the species of the diminutive workers on Cloud City who helped freeze Han Solo in carbonite? Ugnaughts
6. What type of battle armor does Boba Fett wear? not a clue. They didn't get into that until the books, and I've ranted on the books
7. Han Solo upgraded his beloved Millennium Falcon from which stock starship? YT-1300
8. Who preceded Senator Palpatine as Chancellor of the Galactic Senate? Chacellor Velorim

Forum List

Back