I'm craving......

Do you have enough food to hold you through the storm now? We're not getting anything major but hope we get at least one this year.

I have enough food to last the next 7 days. More if I include everything I've canned this year but I can only handle so much preserves, giardiniera, and, pickles. lol

Good! Have fun shoveling. :)

I love shoveling actually. (I say now b/c I am still young) I won't be able to go the gym or run so I consider it my workout.

I don't mind shoveling, but I hate tracking all that crap inside the house. No matter how much you try to avoid it or how clean you try to be about it, you end up getting mud and snow and water everywhere! It's so annoying! Another thing I hate is having to get all bundled up just to go outside for 15 minutes! God, it suck so bad. :rolleyes-41:

Having to get up extra early to clean off the car and warm it up, and then dealing with all the dickhead drivers. :rolleyes-41: I have many complaints. MANY! :lol:

I love shoveling actually. (I say now b/c I am still young) I won't be able to go the gym or run so I consider it my workout.

I don't mind shoveling, but I hate tracking all that crap inside the house. No matter how much you try to avoid it or how clean you try to be about it, you end up getting mud and snow and water everywhere! It's so annoying! Another thing I hate is having to get all bundled up just to go outside for 15 minutes! God, it suck so bad. :rolleyes-41:

Having to get up extra early to clean off the car and warm it up, and then dealing with all the dickhead drivers. :rolleyes-41: I have many complaints. MANY! :lol:
My worst thing is digging out the car and warming it up.

I feel exactly the same way although I'm not all that young anymore. I still love the workout. :)

It is a good workout. I have actually worked up a sweat shoveling snow because I'm always try to hurry it along. Our landlords come by and plow because we have a big parking lot, but then they leave little piles around our cars, so still quite a bit of shoveling to be done. They also make us clean up our own walkways and entrances.

I am the youngest person on my street by several generations so I do their walks as well. When I do the walks, I am out there for about an hour and much longer if it is a big storm. I love it b/c I'll come home and find wonderful bake goods or a bottle of wine sitting on the porch the next day.

I had a car that had no heat one winter years ago when I was like 18. That was horrible. Starting the car got rid of some of the ice from the heat of the engine, but there was no defrosting or anything going on with that car. It only blew out cold air. I used to freeze my arse off! :lol:

I had a car that had no heat one winter years ago when I was like 18. That was horrible. Starting the car got rid of some of the ice from the heat of the engine, but there was no defrosting or anything going on with that car. It only blew out cold air. I used to freeze my arse off! :lol:
Kids. I remember having an old car that couldn't be trusted but it had heat. That would be a nightmare.

I am the youngest person on my street by several generations so I do their walks as well. When I do the walks, I am out there for about an hour and much longer if it is a big storm. I love it b/c I'll come home and find wonderful bake goods or a bottle of wine sitting on the porch the next day.
Exactly. We have the snowblower brigade too. Everyone gives them something, I usually give them giftcards for breakfast. They seem to like that.

Here is a little example of what we dealt with last year. Those outdoor seats are actually bar stools. Lol. :D We had SO much last year, I could do without for a while.

View attachment 60422

Those are high top chairs?! :lmao:

Yes. Swiveling ones too! :D

As you can see, under the table is free of snow like a little cave. I think we had a possum living under there for a while. It was completely covered at one point, but I pulled my grill out and did a little bit of cleaning up. If you look at the bar stool on the right side of the picture, the snow is pretty much to seat level of the chair and we had gotten more before that particular storm. Here's another couple of pics.

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

If you look to the left side of the first pic here, you can see just the top of my trash barrel. It was completely buried at one point.

we will have to have a photo posting thread this weekend!

I've got more from last year! Here is a nice wall of snow that we had at one point.

View attachment 60427

We had a storm this winter. My patio chair blew over. We will rebuild.

Guess whom just dropped $200 at the grocery store but left his debt card at home? :lol:
I did the same thing once. It was early in the morning so not too many people around to see my red face but still. They just put the order in the back until you return. I left my whole wallet at home so I did have to go all the way home and get my card. :oops:

I live down the street from the supermarket. They just push my basket into the dairy cooler until I go home, get my card, and come back.

. . . I think I own a scraper for my windshield. Maybe. :confused-84:

I'm not always sure the car even HAS heat. Around here, the question is always how cold the A/C is.

I'm not always sure the car even HAS heat. Around here, the question is always how cold the A/C is.

You should have seen me trying to drive home. I would be so cold that I would be literally shaking. I wondered if someone would call the police, thinking I was having a seizure. Lol. I told myself back then, someday this will be a funny story.

You should have seen me trying to drive home. I would be so cold that I would be literally shaking. I wondered if someone would call the police, thinking I was having a seizure. Lol. I told myself back then, someday this will be a funny story.

Isn't it interesting that the funniest stories always seem to come from the worst experiences?

I love pulled pork and ribs. I had these ribs last night that were already cooked. You only have to put them in the oven and heat them for about 15 minutes. They were delicious! They were tender and boneless too. I didn't have to do any prep work, just dump them in a pan and heat them through. I will be buying those again because they are SO convenient on a work day when you just don't feel like cooking anything. I had sweet potatoes and corn bread with them. Cole slaw would be excellent side dish with them too though!

Forum List

Back