I'm craving......

I am craving I nice hearty bowl of Wedding Soup made with little baby turkey meatballs instead. Yum! I gathering all the necessary ingredients today b/c I have a feeling this approaching winter storm is going to bury us. I am pretty excited for it. I love being snowed-in.

Yuck. I was hoping to avoid a bombardment with snow this winter. :(

Admittedly, you folks could use the break; however, all those nasty and large storms that smacked you around completely missed us. I am ready for a foot or three. I am going to the grocer today (and the liquor store, lol) to ensure we have all the necessities to get us throughout whatever Mother Nature has in store.

Here is a little example of what we dealt with last year. Those outdoor seats are actually bar stools. Lol. :D We had SO much last year, I could do without for a while.

View attachment 60422

Those are high top chairs?! :lmao:

Yes. Swiveling ones too! :D

As you can see, under the table is free of snow like a little cave. I think we had a possum living under there for a while. It was completely covered at one point, but I pulled my grill out and did a little bit of cleaning up. If you look at the bar stool on the right side of the picture, the snow is pretty much to seat level of the chair and we had gotten more before that particular storm. Here's another couple of pics.

Snapshot_20150127.JPG

Snapshot_20150215_9.JPG

Alright, Love ya'll! I am off the grocery store and If I am not back in an hour someone be kind enough to put out an APB. lol

I am craving I nice hearty bowl of Wedding Soup made with little baby turkey meatballs instead. Yum! I gathering all the necessary ingredients today b/c I have a feeling this approaching winter storm is going to bury us. I am pretty excited for it. I love being snowed-in.

Admittedly, you folks could use the break; however, all those nasty and large storms that smacked you around completely missed us. I am ready for a foot or three. I am going to the grocer today (and the liquor store, lol) to ensure we have all the necessities to get us throughout whatever Mother Nature has in store.

Here is a little example of what we dealt with last year. Those outdoor seats are actually bar stools. Lol. :D We had SO much last year, I could do without for a while.

View attachment 60422

As you can see, under the table is free of snow like a little cave. I think we had a possum living under there for a while. It was completely covered at one point, but I pulled my grill out and did a little bit of cleaning up. If you look at the bar stool on the right side of the picture, the snow is pretty much to seat level of the chair and we had gotten more before that particular storm. Here's another couple of pics.

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

If you look to the left side of the first pic here, you can see just the top of my trash barrel. It was completely buried at one point.

View attachment 60422

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

If you look to the left side of the first pic here, you can see just the top of my trash barrel. It was completely buried at one point.

we will have to have a photo posting thread this weekend!

.... I still have to do mine... :confused:

OMG, if I did that, I'd end up with pickled beets and prune juice.

we have 6 grocery stores in town, one I can throw a stone at and hit it.
water is really the only thing we desperately need. hopefully they won't run out of that!

All of the stores around here always run out of water, milk, bread, batteries and toilet paper. Lol.

View attachment 60422

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

I've got more from last year! Here is a nice wall of snow that we had at one point.

Snapshot_20150215_10.JPG

Guess whom just dropped $200 at the grocery store but left his debt card at home? :lol:

Guess whom just dropped $200 at the grocery store but left his debt card at home? :lol:
I did the same thing once. It was early in the morning so not too many people around to see my red face but still. They just put the order in the back until you return. I left my whole wallet at home so I did have to go all the way home and get my card. :oops:

View attachment 60422

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

I've got more from last year! Here is a nice wall of snow that we had at one point.

View attachment 60427
Nice one. My sis fears snowstorms having lived through Boston's bad ones last year.

View attachment 60424

View attachment 60425

View attachment 60427
Nice one. My sis fears snowstorms having lived through Boston's bad ones last year.

I don't really fear them, but I sure don't look forward to them. A good word to use would be dread. I dread them. Lol.

I did the same thing once. It was early in the morning so not too many people around to see my red face but still. They just put the order in the back until you return. I left my whole wallet at home so I did have to go all the way home and get my card. :oops:

I am asked the manager, whom I know for years of shipping at this location, to put my cart in the cooler so I could run home real quick. Thank goodness I didn't begin to check-out yet. At least all the craziness I predicted didn't come to pass. It was quite slow at the store.

I can't say I have ever done that! If I ever do, I hope hubby is not with me because he will have a total meltdown due to embarrassment!

I can't say I have ever done that! If I ever do, I hope hubby is not with me because he will have a total meltdown due to embarrassment!

I don't embarrass easier. My husband made fun of me though...as is his right. lol

I am asked the manager, whom I know for years of shipping at this location, to put my cart in the cooler so I could run home real quick. Thank goodness I didn't begin to check-out yet. At least all the craziness I predicted didn't come to pass. It was quite slow at the store.
I realized it when she was halfway through checking my order. She just kept sliding everything through and I said stop! She said that's okay, you can go get it. We'll put your order in the back.. We must not be the only absent minded shoppers out there.

I don't embarrass easier. My husband made fun of me though...as is his right. lol

I don't embarrass easy - but my husband, OY!!

I realized it when she was halfway through checking my order. She just kept sliding everything through and I said stop! She said that's okay, you can go get it. We'll put your order in the back.. We must not be the only absent minded shoppers out there.

I have a phone case that holds my ID and debit card. I love it b/c it allows my phone to double as my wallet but the door on the back broke and the new case hasn't arrived yet. This is the second time in a week I've had to return home to grab my card. I've had a case like this for 5 years now so I am conditioned to believe that if I have my phone that I also have my wallet. Not today. lol

I have a phone case that holds my ID and debit card. I love it b/c it allows my phone to double as my wallet but the door on back broke and the new case hasn't arrived yet. This is the second time in a week I've had to return home to grab my card. I've had a case like this for 5 years now so I am conditioned to believe that if I have my phone that I also have my wallet. Not today. lol
Do you have enough food to hold you through the storm now? We're not getting anything major but hope we get at least one this year.

Forum List

Back