I'm baaaaaack

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
After being stuck in temporary housing at the University for two months (darn the administration and their inability to keep track of my paperwork), I am back on the board. However, there's too much stuff to read through right now, so here's my views for the past month in a nutshell.

Debates - Both candidates needed work, though I will say Bush was the weaker in the first debate. Bush needs better speaking skills and Kerry needs to stop looking so arrogant. Also, anyone with half a brain could seen that half of the presidential debate material was rhetoric regurgitation, though I heard a bit more of that from Kerry. As for the VP debate, Cheney rocked, and called Edwards on so much rhetoric.

The election - I've already voted, so I have the perfect excuse not to listen to campaigners. I still try to call people on their rhetoric, though, and on both sides. Once again, I tend to hear more rhetoric and less original thought from Kerry people.

Campaigns - How ugly will it get before everyone calms down? Bush is not an idiot and Kerry is not the devil. No matter which one you support, neither one will bring about the apocalypse and neither one is the Anti-Christ.

Iraq - Bush needs to clean that mess up and get us out of there, and the CIA needs to learn how to analyze their intel better. I'm not saying we should pull out before the job's done, just that the job needs to go faster.

Flu vaccine - It doesn't concern me directly, as I've already had the flu this season and never get the shots, anyway, but I hope that whole mess gets fixed.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Ask me about anything I may have missed.

It's good to have you back, Hobbit! I'm sure you'll get right back into the swim of things.

Hobbit said:
After being stuck in temporary housing at the University for two months (darn the administration and their inability to keep track of my paperwork), I am back on the board. However, there's too much stuff to read through right now, so here's my views for the past month in a nutshell.

Were you in the dorm that got shut down for health reasons, or just another victim of our crappy system?

Palestinian Jew said:
Were you in the dorm that got shut down for health reasons, or just another victim of our crappy system?

Another victim of the system. My name is so common that my e-mail address contains the number '28.' However, I am now in the aformentioned dorm, as only one wing was toxic. I have a single room and my own bathroom now, so I'm starting to get past my irritation.

Forum List

Back