I'm A Boy-Girl

Well, my kid my decision. At 8, he can't get a job and buy girl clothes so it's whatever I buy or his wee wee will be flapping in the wind.

If you like abusing your child, sure.

I'm glad you're not drafting laws concerning child abuse. Making a boy wear boy clothes is just horrible, huh? I guess that's why you can buy little girl dresses in pink or blue.

Really, what is the difference? What harm is it?

If you like abusing your child, sure.

I'm glad you're not drafting laws concerning child abuse. Making a boy wear boy clothes is just horrible, huh? I guess that's why you can buy little girl dresses in pink or blue.

The difference is I'M THE PARENT. My child my decision. If it were your child, I wouldn't have a bad word to say. Your child is your responsibility. If I fuck my child's life up for making him wear boy clothes, so be it.

The difference is I'M THE PARENT. My child my decision. If it were your child, I wouldn't have a bad word to say. Your child is your responsibility. If I fuck my child's life up for making him wear boy clothes, so be it.

90% of clothes today are "unisexed" ... what is the difference between the fucking clothes? Seriously? Is there some magical potion on girls clothes or boys clothes that magically changes their gender or behavior?

90% of clothes today are "unisexed" ... what is the difference between the fucking clothes? Seriously? Is there some magical potion on girls clothes or boys clothes that magically changes their gender or behavior?

Not that I know of but they magically appear in different sections of clothing stores.

Not that I know of but they magically appear in different sections of clothing stores.

Meh, we have lived in a monochromatic society too fucking long as it is. Childrens clothing doesn't even have different "cuts" until the teens, because their bodies don't have different curves until then. Hell, most females today wear pants and a lot of males wear skirts to (they insist on calling them kilts, but same thing). What difference is it if they want to wear clothing with a specific "label"?

Going to interject a bit of reality here:

My mother said it was wrong for me to like messing with computers, machines, and electronics when I was young. I'm a prodigy, very little training and I can master it. She said it was "the work of the devil" for me to enjoy such "manly" things. She also threw a huge fit when she learned that I enjoyed fishing as well, called me evil and got into a huge argument with my father over it, which he was awesome and took me out fly fishing to get away from it all that weekend (loved my father). So tell me, what the hell is wrong with them wanting to wear different clothing? I can understand the "no surgery and no meds" rules, but really, you are talking about pieces of cloth that serves no other purpose than to cover the body ... what is the fucking difference?

My mother said it was wrong for me to like messing with computers, machines, and electronics when I was young. I'm a prodigy, very little training and I can master it. She said it was "the work of the devil" for me to enjoy such "manly" things. She also threw a huge fit when she learned that I enjoyed fishing as well, called me evil and got into a huge argument with my father over it, which he was awesome and took me out fly fishing to get away from it all that weekend (loved my father). So tell me, what the hell is wrong with them wanting to wear different clothing? I can understand the "no surgery and no meds" rules, but really, you are talking about pieces of cloth that serves no other purpose than to cover the body ... what is the fucking difference?

There is no difference KK. I have two 5 year old kids (boy and girl). My girl acts more like the boy and my boy acts more like the girl. She likes to be with daddy and hands me tools and plays bball. My son likes dolls and likes to be around girls. Hell, my mom has pictures of me playing with pom poms and she says i liked to wear long t-shirts to bed because they were like nightgowns (don't quote this post because I'm about to edit this part out). You expect little boys to act like girls and little girls to act like boys. But as a parent are you going to say "since my son likes to play with pom poms, I'm just gonna get him the cheerleading uniform and leg warmers?" It's a phase that children are going to go through. Some phase out and some don't. But at 8, you can't tell me that a child can tell you that he or she wants to live their life as the opposite sex. That's something that I would truly believe this child heard or seen from someone else.

Meh, we have lived in a monochromatic society too fucking long as it is. Childrens clothing doesn't even have different "cuts" until the teens, because their bodies don't have different curves until then. Hell, most females today wear pants and a lot of males wear skirts to (they insist on calling them kilts, but same thing). What difference is it if they want to wear clothing with a specific "label"?

WTF? I've never seen that except when the bagpipe corps comes by in a parade or at a Renaissance festival and even in those cases it would have been a very small percentage compared to the number of people involved. Where do you get "a lot" from?

There is no difference KK. I have two 5 year old kids (boy and girl). My girl acts more like the boy and my boy acts more like the girl. She likes to be with daddy and hands me tools and plays bball. My son likes dolls and likes to be around girls. Hell, my mom has pictures of me playing with pom poms and she says i liked to wear long t-shirts to bed because they were like nightgowns (don't quote this post because I'm about to edit this part out). You expect little boys to act like girls and little girls to act like boys. But as a parent are you going to say "since my son likes to play with pom poms, I'm just gonna get him the cheerleading uniform and leg warmers?" It's a phase that children are going to go through. Some phase out and some don't. But at 8, you can't tell me that a child can tell you that he or she wants to live their life as the opposite sex. That's something that I would truly believe this child heard or seen from someone else.

You are really close minded. Cheerleading is far more than "pom poms" first of all, and there are a LOT of boys in it, that's moot. So, what is to say that something is "just for boys/girls"? Really. Because of not being allowed to explore technology when I was young, I wasted 16 years of my fucking life when I turned 18 trying to "find myself" ... all thanks to my mother thinking I wasn't "acting like a girl" ... yeah, that's such a great thing. Instead of wasint my childhood arguing with her, I could have instead been finding myself then, like we as humans are suppose to, but no, she abused me instead and tried to force me to be how she "thought" I was suppose to be. Seriously, do you ever think past tomorrow?

WTF? I've never seen that except when the bagpipe corps comes by in a parade or at a Renaissance festival and even in those cases it would have been a very small percentage compared to the number of people involved. Where do you get "a lot" from?

I think she meant a lot as in not just within the confines of the U.S.

KK, your real name isn't "Carrie"...is it? Of Stephen King fame?

Kilts have been around forever....as have manly dresses (a.k.a. togas, robes, etc.)

I don't really see their continued existence as some sort of proof that our society is more monochromatic (one tone?) than it has been in the past.

You are really close minded. Cheerleading is far more than "pom poms" first of all, and there are a LOT of boys in it, that's moot. So, what is to say that something is "just for boys/girls"? Really. Because of not being allowed to explore technology when I was young, I wasted 16 years of my fucking life when I turned 18 trying to "find myself" ... all thanks to my mother thinking I wasn't "acting like a girl" ... yeah, that's such a great thing. Instead of wasint my childhood arguing with her, I could have instead been finding myself then, like we as humans are suppose to, but no, she abused me instead and tried to force me to be how she "thought" I was suppose to be. Seriously, do you ever think past tomorrow?

Did you tell her you had the "heart of a boy"?

I think she meant a lot as in not just within the confines of the U.S.

Not only that, but many people here wear them as part of their everyday wardrobe, Allie lives in some secluded place where they are not effected by fashion trends. We have a store just a block from where I live that sells them as well, they make a fortune. Changing the name doesn't change the fact that they are skirts.

Also, throughout history, in the 1600's everyone with money wore dresses, and all the poor wore pants and blouses (they didn't have teeshirts back then). Also all the men wore really womanly looking headresses and wigs. Seriously ... it's fucking clothes. Thank your lucky stars they aren't asking where babies come from at age 3 and get over yourself. Wearing certain clothing doesn't magically change their gender. When I was young I had to go into the "boys" department a lot, because you just can't have a flowing dress on when working with machines, not a good idea. Luckily my father didn't see the world so black and white, in spite of being a redneck, he though everyone should wear jeans (now they do but meh) and teeshirts and live on ranches. So again, what is the difference between "male" clothes and "female" clothes?

There were not many male cheerleaders in the 80s. That was only a for instance. You have issues with your mother and abuse but don't project it onto me. This is more than the clothes to you. I know what I want my 8 year old to wear...PERIOD! You can dress your son up like a girl and send him to school to get his ass kicked if you want. That is your choice. If my son decides he wants to be gay or act like a girl, he's gonna do it with boy clothes on.

Sorry, I haven't seen droves of guys in kilts on the streets of NYC. I think if it were that common, we'd see a lot more of them on the evening news.

But I certainly am in a secluded spot that's unaffected by modern fashion trends. Boy have you got that right.

Sorry, I haven't seen droves of guys in kilts on the streets of NYC. I think if it were that common, we'd see a lot more of them on the evening news.

But I certainly am in a secluded spot that's unaffected by modern fashion trends. Boy have you got that right.

Meh, NYC changes every month. But thanks for missing the point again.

What is the difference between "girl" clothing and "boy" clothing?

There were not many male cheerleaders in the 80s. That was only a for instance. You have issues with your mother and abuse but don't project it onto me. This is more than the clothes to you. I know what I want my 8 year old to wear...PERIOD! You can dress your son up like a girl and send him to school to get his ass kicked if you want. That is your choice. If my son decides he wants to be gay or act like a girl, he's gonna do it with boy clothes on.

When my older boys were growing up, they went through a phase where they would not go to school wearing the clothes I could afford to buy them...in other words, generic Wal Mart and JC Penney's jeans (they refused to wear Wranglers, which are better but they hated). I explained to them, when you are buying the clothes, you can buy whatever you like...and if you want a specific thing, I'll do my best. But I'm sorry, I'm not going to be your clothing co-dependent when it comes to ridiculously overpriced status items.

It's the same with the little boys and their girly stages. I think most boys experiment with girls clothes (especially if they have a sister) and dolls and high heels. It ISN'T an indication there's a queer in there trying to get out. It's just a new awareness of things. And I don't think it bodes well for the future of ANY child to veer from your parental path to accomodate them on whatever crazy path they go down. Parents are the bedrock that secures children to earth....they should bounce back and forth, but kids do better if there's a standard and it's adhered to (provided the standard isn't a crazy one).

They can work out their sexuality issues when they're old enough to have sex, on their own time.

More and more guys in Capri pants though. Just love that Euro influence.

Meh, NYC changes every month. But thanks for missing the point again.

What is the difference between "girl" clothing and "boy" clothing?

The differences have never been that huge, KK.

Currently, in my household, my boy wears jeans or elastic-banded trousers in denim, courdoroy, or semi-heavy cotton...usually blue, black or khaki colored...and t-shirts or button front shirts. He wears a suit or vest to dress up, and tennis shoes or dress shoes, depending.

My daughter wears below-the-knee dresses with a slip underneath, or school uniforms from Cookies for Kids (a "scooter" which is a skirt with attached shorts underneath, a jacket, and white shirts with t-shirts underneath and knee socks in the fall/winter/spring). They both wear shorts...nothing very short. She also has some little black capris and a white peasant blouse, pink shorts sets...those are summer things, I don't send her to school in them.

They both have riding clothes...levis and wranglers and long sleeved shirts and cowboy hats (much dented, I fear), boots, for horse stuff.

Pretty much the same stuff I grew up wearing with my brother.

Forum List

Back