Illinois pledge is not Constitutional

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
There is nothing in the Constitution allowing states to force candidates to make such a pledge. Trump is right to force the issue. This would be a slam dunk win in court for Trump if it ever gets there.

---The WBEZ/Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday that Trump did not voluntarily sign the loyalty oath---

it seems like a trap. if trump promises not to order another overthrow of the government even his domestic terrorists will desert hum.

more to the pount. the states have a constitutional duty to run the elections. they routinely exclude numerous candidates from several parties on various grounds.

a supreme court decision centralizing elections might not be as popular among conservatives either.

Last edited:
There is nothing in the Constitution allowing states to force candidates to make such a pledge. Trump is right to force the issue. This would be a slam dunk win in court for Trump if it ever gets there.

---The WBEZ/Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday that Trump did not voluntarily sign the loyalty oath---

Why would a man with no loyalty to anything sign a loyalty pledge?

it seems like a trap. if trump promises not to order another overthrow of the government even his domestic terrorists will desert hum.

more to the pount. the states have a constitutional duty to run the elections. they routinely exclude numerous candidates from several parties on various grounds.

a supreme court decision centralizing elections might not be as popular among conservatives either.
If they don't make some general decision the elections will change drastically and rampantly. I'm not a big fan of SCOTUS stepping into state's business. At some point however a line will have to be drawn between state and federal purviews. I understand that Lincoln was excluded from 10 States during his own election which he obviously won. I wonder if the supreme Court got involved then?

If they don't make some general decision the elections will change drastically and rampantly. I'm not a big fan of SCOTUS stepping into state's business. At some point however a line will have to be drawn between state and federal purviews. I understand that Lincoln was excluded from 10 States during his own election which he obviously won. I wonder if the supreme Court got involved then?
i'm very fond of my own disfunctional state, but the states are artifacts of slower travel and communications. merely an added layer of taxation and regulation.

• Fact
Reactions: cnm
i'm very fond of my own disfunctional state, but the states are artifacts of slower travel and communications. merely an added layer of taxation and regulation.
Yes the pressure is on....to erase state boundaries, eliminate the electoral college and tear down the governor's mansions....not sure if it would actually work though.

Why would any potential POTUS not want to make such an agreement?

Yes the pressure is on....to erase state boundaries, eliminate the electoral college and tear down the governor's mansions....not sure if it would actually work though.
ik am in no rush. most of the changes i might prefer, parliamentary system and such, will be imposed by the victors of a world war, fought , i hope, long after our death.

what will kill our system is not "freedom" vs "tyranny": but efficiency vs inefficiency. plus

as americans depend less upon government and the safety net disassembled, there will be less for we commoners to fight for.

attest that they “do not directly or indirectly teach or advocate the overthrow of the government of the United States or of this state or any unlawful change in the form of the governments thereof by force or any unlawful means.”

We been loosing our freedoms as the federal government has grown all along

Congress continually chips away at amendments , New letter departments are created towards a police state, our media is censored, the list goes on.....

~S~

---The WBEZ/Chicago Sun-Times reported
Saturday that Trump did not voluntarily sign the loyalty oath---

The proposed pledge is also stupid and anti American. It fails to contemplate a wide array of scenarios where supporting a possibly corrupted government would amount to treason.

That's certainly what they look like from outside. Layers of repression, too.

Forum List

Back