Illinois Downgraded

Reality bites. I can't wait for CA to go bankrupt next. Pols need to see what happens when taxes and spending aren't managed properly.

Obama said in his own words... his book "Dreams of My Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Maybe Illinois needs to learn from Obama and his "Tricks".."tactics"... and "talk" the ratings back up...
Oh by the way Wisconsin projected $300 million surplus after running a $3 billion deficit... how come???

Good job, libs. We need to hold Chicago, Detroit and New Orleans up as examples of how your ideas work in the real world. And no matter how badly their liberal agenda fucks up a place, they will say more liberal ideas will fix it.

Nary a Republican in sight to blame. Damn. Time for the media spin machine to find something else to talk about - quick.

Yes, but gays can marry and heterosexuals can kill their unborn children, so all is well with the world.

Whew!!! Thank gawd no one was insisting we all copy Illinois

The GOP apparently is. They've already caused a downgrade for the country and are willing to do it again.

WTF, the down grade happened on Obama's watch with the majority of congress democrat. Why can't you accept any blame for anything????

Come to Missouri...
[FONT=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Nixon predicts big savings from MO AAA status[/FONT]
[FONT=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]JTBJ Staff[/FONT]

[FONT=GEORGIA, SERIF]

The state's AAA credit rating has permitted a lower interest rate on state bonds in two separate transactions that would save taxpayers an estimated $44 million during fiscal 2013, the release said.

The reduced interest rates will allow the Board of Public Buildings - which oversees state facilities - to save an estimated $20.6 million, and the Board of Fund Commissioners - which issues, redeems and cancels state general obligation bonds - to save an estimated $23.3 million in fiscal 2013.

Missouri is one of 13 states with a AAA rating, according to a report by the Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax research group based in Washington, D.C.

Nixon predicts big savings from MO AAA status - Joplin Tri-State Business - Springfield, MO

[/FONT]​

Obama said in his own words... his book "Dreams of My Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned."
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time.

Maybe Illinois needs to learn from Obama and his "Tricks".."tactics"... and "talk" the ratings back up...
Oh by the way Wisconsin projected $300 million surplus after running a $3 billion deficit... how come???
Because a Republican governor made reasonable cuts in state spending, weathered a teacher's strike, weathered a recall vote, and earned people's respect and votes for turning the 3-billion deficit into a 3-million surplus.

Other states should learn that when bad budgetary moves get them into trouble with banks, they might consider electing responsible conservative people who can do whatever it takes to getting them back on a solid fiscal footing and change the bad report card to a good report card. I hope Illinois gets a young, thrifty, go-getter Republican to bring back some respect to their political process and get the bills paid.

I'm sorry they're down in Illinois. They're going on my prayer list tonight for help for the state's fiscal corrections in the upcoming months and years ahead.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back