Illinois Court To Hear Case Challenging Cruz's Presidential Eligibility

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

A judge in Illinois will hear arguments on Friday for a case challenging Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) eligibility to run for president, according to USA Today.

Lawrence Joyce filed a complaint with the Illinois Board of Elections charging that Cruz is not a "natural born citizen." The board of elections ruled against Joyce earlier in February, writing that Cruz "is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth as the candidate did not have to take any steps or go through a naturalization process at some point after his birth."

Joyce appealed the decision and Judge Maureen Ward Kirby will hear arguments for the case at the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago on Friday.

Joyce told USA Today that he is a Ben Carson supporter, and that he is worried that if Cruz secures the Republican nomination, his candidacy will then be derailed by lawsuits filed by Democrats.

"What I fear is that Ted Cruz becomes the nominee, come September, Congressman Alan Grayson of Florida will go forward with his threats and probably several other Democrats will file suit to prevent Ted Cruz from being on the ballot," Joyce said.

"And at that point, I fear they'll get a string of victories in the lower courts and the funding for Ted Cruz would dry up, his numbers would plummet in the polls, he may be forced to give up the nomination," he added.

Yumm....Irony

ted_cruz_sucks_banner.jpg

May he move to somalia and service the pirates!

I'd throw a fucking party and get high + drunk as hell if this turd was fund ineligibility. What a great thing to happen to america.

You mean you aren't already?

Then what is your excuse for acting like an idiot for so long?

A judge in Illinois will hear arguments on Friday for a case challenging Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) eligibility to run for president, according to USA Today.

Lawrence Joyce filed a complaint with the Illinois Board of Elections charging that Cruz is not a "natural born citizen." The board of elections ruled against Joyce earlier in February, writing that Cruz "is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth as the candidate did not have to take any steps or go through a naturalization process at some point after his birth."

Joyce appealed the decision and Judge Maureen Ward Kirby will hear arguments for the case at the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago on Friday.

Joyce told USA Today that he is a Ben Carson supporter, and that he is worried that if Cruz secures the Republican nomination, his candidacy will then be derailed by lawsuits filed by Democrats.

"What I fear is that Ted Cruz becomes the nominee, come September, Congressman Alan Grayson of Florida will go forward with his threats and probably several other Democrats will file suit to prevent Ted Cruz from being on the ballot," Joyce said.

"And at that point, I fear they'll get a string of victories in the lower courts and the funding for Ted Cruz would dry up, his numbers would plummet in the polls, he may be forced to give up the nomination," he added.

Yumm....Irony

Let me know how it goes.

The judge will throw it out. It's a non issue. Romney wasn't born here. I think McCain as well.

Mitt Romney was born in the states, it was his father that was not born here. Also McCain was a military child born to two U.S. Citizens ( I believe ), so very different than what Cruz is facing.

Interesting fallout from all this New Birfer movement.....

If at some point America's Kenyan President is ruled simply not President - merely Kenyan.....

And if said (no longer) "president" had managed to get a supreme court justice approved.....

Then would not said "Justice" be out and any decision he/she/it participated in voided?

Yumm....Irony

I believe Ted Cruz should drop his bid for President.

1. The Iowa nonsense was dirty and he should not be consider a candidate for President and I would not vote for someone that would support such cheating ways.

2. Him being born in Canada will be a major issue. Some have pointed to McCain and George W. Romney being born in other countries, but McCain was a military child and did George Romney dropped out before it could be decided:

" Questions were occasionally asked about Romney's eligibility to run for President owing to his birth in Mexico, given the ambiguity in the United States Constitution over the phrase "natural-born citizen".[14][173][176] Romney would depart the race before the matter could be more definitively resolved,[173] although the preponderance of opinion then and since has been that he was eligible "

George W. Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the end Ted Cruz need to make the choice if he believe he can run and not have this as a major issue, and I believe it is a major issue for him and he is not a strong candidate to me.

If he needed his staff to cheat in Iowa it tell me the man is not the one to run on the Republican Party and would lose against Clinton or Sanders in a General Election.

I hope the court will clear this up for once...

Interesting fallout from all this New Birfer movement.....

If at some point America's Kenyan President is ruled simply not President - merely Kenyan.....

And if said (no longer) "president" had managed to get a supreme court justice approved.....

Then would not said "Justice" be out and any decision he/she/it participated in voided?

President Obama was born in Hawaii and has a Hawaiian Birth Certificate and his mother was American Born. Has he been born in Kenya then you have a argument, but he was not and the Republican Governor of Hawaii at the time admitted he had a Birth Certificate on file, and a short form certificate is a legal document!

Forum List

Back