Illinois becomes the 11th state to fully legalize marijuana.

Yeah. This is what was holding US back. Now our lives will be complete, and the future is bright again.

You know, I remember when I was a child, reading optimistic speculative fiction about the future and all the stupid shit they thought would make the world a better place, like space travel, or A.I. or life extension.

Stupid rocket scientists.

Instead, we have found REAL progress, scores of new genders, legal pot smoking and gay fucking marriage!

Truly, nothing can stop US now.

Yeah. This is what was holding US back. Now our lives will be complete, and the future is bright again.

You know, I remember when I was a child, reading optimistic speculative fiction about the future and all the stupid shit they thought would make the world a better place, like space travel, or A.I. or life extension.

Instead, we have found REAL progress, scores of new genders, legal pot smoking and gay fucking marriage!

New genders allow people to be who they are. Their world is a better place. Yours is uneffected.

Legal pot smoking means easier treatment for a long list of maladies and entertainment that is far less destructive than drinking. Plus huge amounts of tax revenue. Your world is better for it.

Gay marriage lets same sex couples form the long lasting relationships, with the +/- 1,400 federal, state and local benefits that come with it. Those couple's world is much better. Yours is completely uneffected.

So the 3 examples are good for people. Those that are not good for you, don't have any effect on you.

New genders allow people to be who they are. Their world is a better place. Yours is uneffected.

Legal pot smoking means easier treatment for a long list of maladies and entertainment that is far less destructive than drinking. Plus huge amounts of tax revenue. Your world is better for it.

Gay marriage lets same sex couples form the long lasting relationships, with the +/- 1,400 federal, state and local benefits that come with it. Those couple's world is much better. Yours is completely uneffected.

So the 3 examples are good for people. Those that are not good for you, don't have any effect on you.

1. A society that cannot tell the difference between girls and boys, is a society in free fall, and that will effect me in many ways.

2. More people being able to dull their already dull minds, is not a plus in my mind. And tax revenue is irrelevant in the context of infinite demand of politicians, and their need to buy votes.

3. The decline of marriage, is a big part of the decline of our culture. Any benefits "gay marriage" has to offer society will be vastly outweighed by the impact on real marriage.

If you have a personal issue with weed that's no reason
to associate it with homosexuality, unless maybe one of your ex-wives ran
off with a pothead lesbo.

Just noting the different between hopefully expectations, and reality.

Do you see US boldly striding into the future, or more of a decline and fall scenario?

1. A society that cannot tell the difference between girls and boys, is a society in free fall, and that will effect me in many ways.

2. More people being able to dull their already dull minds, is not a plus in my mind. And tax revenue is irrelevant in the context of infinite demand of politicians, and their need to buy votes.

3. The decline of marriage, is a big part of the decline of our culture. Any benefits "gay marriage" has to offer society will be vastly outweighed by the impact on real marriage.

1. A society that does not care about gender differences is one that will finally have equality. If that bothers you, you might wonder why.

2. People have been finding ways to dull their mind since the beginning of time. Millions and millions have enjoyed pot. The difference is, we stop putting them in prison.

3. There is no decline is marriage caused by same sex marriage. And same sex marriage has absolutely no effect on straight marriage. None.

Do you see US boldly striding into the future, or more of a decline and fall scenario?

I see many reasons we may face a decline in the future. But pot is not one of them. Nor is gay marriage.

1. A society that does not care about gender differences is one that will finally have equality. If that bothers you, you might wonder why.

2. People have been finding ways to dull their mind since the beginning of time. Millions and millions have enjoyed pot. The difference is, we stop putting them in prison.

3. There is no decline is marriage caused by same sex marriage. And same sex marriage has absolutely no effect on straight marriage. None.

1. A society that does not care about gender differences, is going to make stupid ass policy based on ignoring reality. And people will suffer as a result.

2. Celebrating that, as though it is something that will move a culture forward, is the type of thing that a really fucked up culture does.

3. Undermining the concept of an institution, is very likely to undermine the institution. Lord knows that all of our previous attempts at modifying marriage, has had massive and unexpected negative effects.

I see many reasons we may face a decline in the future. But pot is not one of them. Nor is gay marriage.

We are navel grazing. AT best.

If not wallowing in our own filth.

1. A society that does not care about gender differences, is going to make stupid ass policy based on ignoring reality. And people will suffer as a result.

2. Celebrating that, as though it is something that will move a culture forward, is the type of thing that a really fucked up culture does.

3. Undermining the concept of an institution, is very likely to undermine the institution. Lord knows that all of our previous attempts at modifying marriage, has had massive and unexpected negative effects.
Party pooper.:heehee:
marijuana-lesbians-03-800x600.jpg

allowing new genders only means mentally ill people go around untreated and that can cause a problem for others

as for gay marriage,, my first question is why is the government involved in it,,that aside those benefits are for families with children, and because of basic gender anatomy same sex couples cant have children

Party pooper.:heehee:
marijuana-lesbians-03-800x600.jpg

Sorry, for all I know they identify as old men, and any appreciation of their actual biology, could be grounds for social death.

Umm...they still work on AI, life extension and space travel.

There there. The gay pot boogy man is not going to take away your sex robot.

1. If you are worried about policy decisions being made that lump you in with women, I'd say you have an issue. There are very few policy decisions that should take gender into account.

2. Yeah, isn't it a shame that people can have access to a medicinal herb that helps many people? OPr that people celebrate having the freedom to choose for themselves?

3. The concept is still the same. Nothing has been removed from straight marriages. And same sex marriages do not effect straight marriages in any way.

We are navel grazing. AT best.

If not wallowing in our own filth.

I smoked a lot of weed back in the day. I have had a very successful career, raised amazing kids, and have led a fruitful and good life. Sorry, don't know who is wallowing in their own filth. But I've seen my share of drunks puking on themselves and shitting their pants.

Somebody’s an old curmudgeon. I’ll bet your dad thought rock and roll music was going to destroy this country.

Somebody’s an old curmudgeon. I’ll bet your dad thought rock and roll music was going to destroy this country.
And his "Mama don't dance. "

allowing new genders only means mentally ill people go around untreated and that can cause a problem for others

as for gay marriage,, my first question is why is the government involved in it,,that aside those benefits are for families with children, and because of basic gender anatomy same sex couples cant have children

Do you think those people you call mentally ill would seek treatment anyway? Of course, with them being able to discuss it and live it they will be far more healthy than hiding it.

I agree. I do not understand why straights or gays ask the gov't for permission to marry. As for children, plenty of unmarried straights have kids and there are laws speaking to raising them and supporting them. Gays can have kids, either thru artificial means or adoption, so the same laws apply to them.

Forum List

Back