Illegal Immigrant Criminals Dumped Back On Streets

What is that?

Mexico tightens own southern border | csmonitor.com

Analysts estimate that thousands of troops have been sent south to Chiapas and Oaxaca states. Captured migrants are now flown back to their countries of origin, rather than dumped in Guatemala.

The plan has scored early victories, and Fr. Maria estimates 35 percent fewer migrants have passed through his shelter since July. Migrants say that smugglers, or coyotes, have increased their fees by as much as $1,000 to $3,500 per person.

Mexico deported 100,000 Central Americans in the first half of the year, and the number for the second half will far exceed that, predicts Mr. Preciado Coronado.

Mexico worries about its own southern border - International Herald Tribune
Few politicians have made public speeches about such matters. But Deputy Foreign Minister Gerónimo Gutiérrez recently acknowledged that Mexico's immigration laws were "tougher than those being contemplated by the United States," where the authorities caught 1.5 million people illegally crossing the Mexican border last year. He spoke before a congressional panel to discuss "Mexico in the Face of the Migratory Phenomenon."

Those articles are kinda old, especially the first one. I'm not disagreeing, just an observation. Is this still how Mexico still does it?

These articles date to 2006. That isn't old. Nor have the policies changed. National Geographic has a story on the same subject that dates from February, 2008.

These articles date to 2006. That isn't old. Nor have the policies changed. National Geographic has a story on the same subject that dates from February, 2008.

The CSM one says August 24, 2001 edition. That's before 9/11, a lot can change in 7 years. Even from 2006 things can change.

But anyway... I don't know viable their kind of solution would be, we have a LOT of border to try and maintain.

The CSM one says August 24, 2001 edition. That's before 9/11, a lot can change in 7 years. Even from 2006 things can change.

But anyway... I don't know viable their kind of solution would be, we have a LOT of border to try and maintain.

So does Mexico.

Why is it acceptable in your mind for Mexico to push for us to handle mexican illegals one way, while they handle Honduran, Guatemalan, and Salvadoran illegals in another way?

So does Mexico.

Why is it acceptable in your mind for Mexico to push for us to handle mexican illegals one way, while they handle Honduran, Guatemalan, and Salvadoran illegals in another way?
I never said I thought that was acceptable, so I'm not going to defend a position I didn't take.

I guess I'm supposed to go oh wow, I see the irony in what I said. But, no, I don't. I don't hate people for coming here illegally. I feel very sorry for anyone that feels they have to resort to that.

So, at what point will we have empathized enough with illegal immigrants, and allowed enough in?

So, at what point will we have empathized enough with illegal immigrants, and allowed enough in?

I never said there would be a point like that. Am I wrong in seeing a theme in how you approach discussion? You keep making up difficult to defend positions and then demanding I defend them. I won't do it.

What I have said is that I think we need a really innovative solution and that I'm not smart enough to think of what it should be. I don't think any of the things I've heard, like fences, would do any good.

I never said there would be a point like that. Am I wrong in seeing a theme in how you approach discussion? You keep making up difficult to defend positions and then demanding I defend them. I won't do it.

What I have said is that I think we need a really innovative solution and that I'm not smart enough to think of what it should be. I don't think any of the things I've heard, like fences, would do any good.

So basically, you don't subscribe to any of the current measures, you empathize with illegals, and you have nothing to contribute to discussion here besides your warm fuzzy feelings?

Duly noted.

So basically, you don't subscribe to any of the current measures, you empathize with illegals, and you have nothing to contribute to discussion here besides your warm fuzzy feelings?

Duly noted.

:) If you want to see it that way that's ok with me.

I think that sometimes just having someone around that is warm and fuzzy is beneficial. If I could be in tat role I would be honored.

:) If you want to see it that way that's ok with me.

I think that sometimes just having someone around that is warm and fuzzy is beneficial. If I could be in tat role I would be honored.

Gosh, that's just splendid. What we really need more of in this country are know-nothing criminal huggers.

Gosh, that's just splendid. What we really need more of in this country are know-nothing criminal huggers.

I'm sorry, I signed up to be an extremist but they said I didn't have the temperament for it. The application form said Disposition: Sunny

and a big red rejected stamp was used on it. :tongue:

Forum List

Back