Illegal..And they knew it...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
We have the <a href=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html>Downing Street Minutes</a> and their associated documents.

We have revelations of a bombing campaign called <a href=http://www.tompaine.com/articles/20050624/the_war_before_the_war.php>'Southern Focus'</a> began in June of 2002, which involved over 21,000 sorties against targets in Iraq. Please note this began while the administration was denying the inevitability of war, and some five months before the Administration asked Congress for the authority to begin military operations in Iraq.

And we have this forgotten story...<a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4801223-103550,00.html><i><b>War critics astonished as US hawk admits invasion was illegal</b></i></a>

In November of 2003, Richard Perle, one of the architects of Bush Administration policy towards Iraq, stated of the invasion of Iraq:

<blockquote>I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing.</blockquote>

Richard Perle admitted the invasion of Iraq was illegal. At the urging of George W. Bush and members of his cabinet, America embarked on a war of aggression in violation of US and international law. They are thus liable for proscecution under that law. It is time we did so.

Sir Evil said:
So you have been saying since day 1 and yet to offer anything solid on how Iraq should of been dealt with. Through the U.N.? Yep, their special brand of international law was effectively work the previous 12 years right?

It happened Bully, get over it! Bush is not going to jail, he is not going to be impeached, and their ain't going to be no fuckin' world peace! Give up the pipedream!!

Never thought there'd be world peace. But a man should answer for his crimes.

As for Saddam, he was no threat to anyone but his own people. And now we have a breeding ground for terrorists that out strips anything that existed in Afghanistan...Thank you President Bush!

No threat to anyone but his own people? Do you have any idea how callous that sounds?

Bullypulpit said:
Never thought there'd be world peace. But a man should answer for his crimes.

As for Saddam, he was no threat to anyone but his own people. And now we have a breeding ground for terrorists that out strips anything that existed in Afghanistan...Thank you President Bush!

Bully, I think there are a whole lot of Iranians and Kuwaitis that would disagree with you.

Shattered said:
No threat to anyone but his own people? Do you have any idea how callous that sounds?

But he would be the first to cry foul when a few innocent Iraqi's get hit by debris from one of our bombs. But Hussein torture is okay because he was the president!! :rolleyes:

Bonnie said:
But he would be the first to cry foul when a few innocent Iraqi's get hit by debris from one of our bombs. But Hussein torture is okay because he was the president!! :rolleyes:

Right...and it was only his own people..nobody important.

**shakes head**

Damn Ay-Rabs, why can't they just all shut up and die? I mean, for real, who the hell do they think they are? Stability Uber Alles. Am I right Bully?

Bullypulpit said:
We have the <a href=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html>Downing Street Minutes</a> and their associated documents.

We have revelations of a bombing campaign called <a href=http://www.tompaine.com/articles/20050624/the_war_before_the_war.php>'Southern Focus'</a> began in June of 2002, which involved over 21,000 sorties against targets in Iraq. Please note this began while the administration was denying the inevitability of war, and some five months before the Administration asked Congress for the authority to begin military operations in Iraq.

And we have this forgotten story...<a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4801223-103550,00.html><i><b>War critics astonished as US hawk admits invasion was illegal</b></i></a>

In November of 2003, Richard Perle, one of the architects of Bush Administration policy towards Iraq, stated of the invasion of Iraq:

<blockquote>I think in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing.</blockquote>

Richard Perle admitted the invasion of Iraq was illegal. At the urging of George W. Bush and members of his cabinet, America embarked on a war of aggression in violation of US and international law. They are thus liable for proscecution under that law. It is time we did so.

mornin Bully...

Once again you provide an old (from 2003???) op-ed piece and not fact to support your position and from the Guardian of all places. The Downing Street Memos (which could possibly be fakes) are being twisted left and right by many to support including yourself to try to undermine the current administration though there is little evidence contained therein other than a diplomats opinion. Finally, I doubt Richard Perle is the "end all be all" expert on international law. I suspect that if there were truly a case to be made on US violation of international law, we would all be watching the trial with the same morbid fascination that kept us engrossed in the OJ chase/trial.

CSM said:
mornin Bully...

Once again you provide an old (from 2003???) op-ed piece and not fact to support your position and from the Guardian of all places. The Downing Street Memos (which could possibly be fakes) are being twisted left and right by many to support including yourself to try to undermine the current administration though there is little evidence contained therein other than a diplomats opinion. Finally, I doubt Richard Perle is the "end all be all" expert on international law. I suspect that if there were truly a case to be made on US violation of international law, we would all be watching the trial with the same morbid fascination that kept us engrossed in the OJ chase/trial.

Shhh! Don't be a big meaniehead - he really thought he was on to something this time!

Nice drive-by shot by Bully (again).

Two posts then he disappears when everyone else shuts him down.

Sheesh....typical.

GotZoom said:
Nice drive-by shot by Bully (again).

Two posts then he disappears when everyone else shuts him down.

Sheesh....typical.

Well before he attempts to answer he has to go to his left-wing propaganda source for the answer he is going to give. Usually it will contain more OP-Ed pieces from the 50's and quotes taken out of context from documents that are "copies of the originals that have been destroyed". As we learn mroe about these "documents" it becomes clearer that the UK and US believed there was a serious threat, at least if you read the whole memo in context and not from the anti-Bush propaganda site that Bully gets it from.

Now, in about two days after the newest attempt at twisting the actual end result of the "copies of the originals that have been destroyed" has been released on his propaganda site he will be able to answer your posts.

Forum List

Back