Illegal Alien Sob Story of the Day

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The Pereira family is not anticipating a merry Christmas this year.

The festivities have been on hold since Dec. 1, when Jose Pereira, 51, who entered the country illegally more than 20 years ago, was picked up by immigration officials at the Secaucus warehouse where he has worked for about a month, and officials say his deportation is imminent.

Carmen Pereira, 41, said the couple’s three children – Jose Jr., 20; Christina, 18; Nelson, 10 – are in shock. The family tries to forget their problems, but when Nelson asks where his father is and when he’s coming back, everyone starts to cry, she said.

"I am not angry at these people that are coming over here because they’re looking for a better life," she said. "I angry at the greedy employers looking for cheap labor who have joined forces with greedy politicians looking for cheap votes."

For now, the Pereiras wait, hoping for a miracle. They’ve received calls from Jose Pereira from Essex County Jail, and at least one letter. Writing mostly in Spanish, he wishes the family well, and asks for their forgiveness, Carmen Pereira said.

In the middle of the letter, handwritten on a yellow sheet from a legal pad, there is one line in misspelled English:

"Pleace help me."

Union City father could be deported by Christmas | NJ.com

Working for "one month". Living here for 20 years and can't speak English. She "angry" at the greedy businesses and politicians. :doubt:

Sad story, but when you break the law for 20 years, there's a chance you might get caught. True story.

Illegals aren't the problem anymore than the brown people over in the middle east are the problem.

Our Elected Officials are the problem. Until the American People get the attitude of "pitchforks and torches" nothing will change.

Illegals aren't the problem anymore than the brown people over in the middle east are the problem.

Our Elected Officials are the problem. Until the American People get the attitude of "pitchforks and torches" nothing will change.

The problem being, and without wanting to be overly-facetious, is that those pitchforks, torches and small arms would be up against far superiour firepower/hardware. But I do see where you're coming from. And in any case, how would a failed revolution be punished? I'm guessing that in this modern age any plea(s) of lawful insurrection against the government would fall on deaf ears in court.

People should NOT enter ANY country illegally. There is a price to pay for doing so but apparently NOBODY seems to want to pay that price. They want to break the law and for countries (especially the USA), to change their laws to suit the needs of those who break the law! It makes no sense - we are either a country of laws or we are not a country of laws. Which is it going to be??? If not, then open the damn borders and be done with all this monkey motion - then sit back an watch chaos reign.

Originally posted by Angelhair
People should NOT enter ANY country illegally.

Unless they're gringos entering Mexico's northern provinces illegally by the thousands in the 19th century, according to you. :D :D

Just kidding, Angel...

The theft was real but it's in the past...

Now the land and ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT GO WITH IT belong to America.

That's why you commit a tremendous injustice when you blame Mexico for America's unwillingness to enforce her laws.

Last edited:
I thought being married to an American gave you some kind of residency status.

No.

It is a common misperception.

We aren't as bad as France or Denmark where a citizen's marriage to a foreigner is presumed to be fraudulent and it's up to the couple to prove it isn't.

Last edited:

The problem being, and without wanting to be overly-facetious, is that those pitchforks, torches and small arms would be up against far superiour firepower/hardware. But I do see where you're coming from. And in any case, how would a failed revolution be punished? I'm guessing that in this modern age any plea(s) of lawful insurrection against the government would fall on deaf ears in court.
Complaining via e-mails and phone calls has worked so well right? What are the alternatives?
Plus, I'm not convinced our Military would fire on US Citizens. Yet.

Complaining via e-mails and phone calls has worked so well right? What are the alternatives?
Plus, I'm not convinced our Military would fire on US Citizens. Yet.

AMERICAN military might not but we have a lot of foreigners serving in our military that woudn't have a bit of problem with it.

No one force them to enter this country illegal looking for the good life because of their "greed."
There is not statue of limitation on illegal immigration. This man took a job from some hard working American for 20 years and you want me to feel compassion for him?

I thought being married to an American gave you some kind of residency status.

My grandson married an illegal aliens and they had to go thorugh lot of legal chanels to get here a green card and that is all she got. Except she took over her mother's cleaning business by purchasing a business license for her and I think that is the only reason she got married but my grand son ain't going no wheres. I think he has the upper hand since he is in school and only work part-time. Her family came over on a visa and stayed and lots of illegal things have taken place. They have been here about 12 year.

The Pereira family is not anticipating a merry Christmas this year.

The festivities have been on hold since Dec. 1, when Jose Pereira, 51, who entered the country illegally more than 20 years ago, was picked up by immigration officials at the Secaucus warehouse where he has worked for about a month, and officials say his deportation is imminent.

Carmen Pereira, 41, said the couple’s three children – Jose Jr., 20; Christina, 18; Nelson, 10 – are in shock. The family tries to forget their problems, but when Nelson asks where his father is and when he’s coming back, everyone starts to cry, she said.

"I am not angry at these people that are coming over here because they’re looking for a better life," she said. "I angry at the greedy employers looking for cheap labor who have joined forces with greedy politicians looking for cheap votes."

For now, the Pereiras wait, hoping for a miracle. They’ve received calls from Jose Pereira from Essex County Jail, and at least one letter. Writing mostly in Spanish, he wishes the family well, and asks for their forgiveness, Carmen Pereira said.

In the middle of the letter, handwritten on a yellow sheet from a legal pad, there is one line in misspelled English:

"Pleace help me."

Union City father could be deported by Christmas | NJ.com

Working for "one month". Living here for 20 years and can't speak English. She "angry" at the greedy businesses and politicians. :doubt:

Sad story, but when you break the law for 20 years, there's a chance you might get caught. True story.

The moral of the story is learn the language of the country you live in and maybe people won't question your legal status.

Excellent point. Yet it's the libs that refuse to make English our official language. "Keep em poor and dumb", I guess.

This ticked me off for its dishonesty.

"This man who has been in this country for 20 years, he’s been paying taxes, even if he wasn’t paying income taxes," she said. "He was still paying property taxes via rent, he’s paying sales tax on every purchase that he makes. He’s a consumer of goods and services, as is his family."

Up until Christie took office, RENTERS received property tax REBATES. Not the OWNERS (property tax payers of the property) - the TENANTS.

So the only statement that was true was that he is a "consumer of goods and services" - like a free education for his children and other taxpayer provided "services". Too bad the writer didn't want to include the math.

I have two girlfriends who are naturalized citizens, married to Americans. The citizenship process took less than a year. Not 20.
I have a friend that has been waiting for five years to get her green card and she is married to a citizen. Perhaps it depends on which country you immigrated from.

Forum List

Back