Ill-i-FUCKING-nois

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Today Illinoisian had to wake up to see the Indianapolis Mayor take out an ad persuading out C Corps to move there! WTF is Springfield thinking. Yes raising the income tax will piss off people and make MANY small businesses not hire, but probably most Illinoisians won't leave and same for small businesses. HOWEVER, raising the corporate tax to the highest in the world, will make many C Corps leave. When you are talking about companies getting taxed (after loop holes) on $50 - $500 million dollars, even 1% is a ton of money!

What makes me the most mad is that if IL did what PRIVATE BUSINESSES were forced to do and get rid of the highway ROBBERY PENSION PLANS, like most states, they would have a SURPLUS!!! If they made further cuts to the OUT OF CONTROL WELFARE give outs (many that are going to illegal aliens and YES DRUG ADDICTS), then we would be able to cut the ncome tax, property, sales and corporate tax. If we stopped allowing IL to be one of the largest sanctuary states in the US, then we could elimate the income and corporate tax!

WTF

Last edited:
I agree with you GHook93. Being a resident of Illinois, it disturbs me to see what is happening in this State. If I wasn't so heavily invested here (farm, houses, etc.) I'd sell out and go someplace else. It seems in this State everybody has their hand stuck out wanting something for nothing, the politicians are all pretty much on the take, and their answer to everything is to raise the taxes - not slow down on giveaway programs or spending but finding ways to keep raping the public. I, for one, am pretty tired of it. I've lived in quite a few States in the U.S. before establishing roots here in Illinois but I have to say that it's the worst place I have ever lived.

He's begging companies to move there after raising taxes 60 percent? Does he honestly think he'll have any takers?

You must understand taxation on companies to see who he is going after. Yes in all honesty going to 5% on income taxes will hurt local companies and families, but most small businesses will probably not leave because of it.

HOWEVER, the C Corps and I have in previous posts listed a ton of them (and we have a ton of them) get hit with the Corporate tax. We now have the highest corporate tax in the world! SO YES HE WILL GET SOME TAKERS! Actually I think companies like Caterpillar are making this their last straw and LEAVING AMERICAN SOILS ENTIRELY!

Watching Illinoisans ram through Rahm.....the farce that is the "election" (more like a coronation) of Chicago's new mayor pretty much says it all....

Jesus G.

If you can. Pack your ditti bag and leave Ill.

I sure as fuck would..

If it was only that easy! I should have never left Arizona. I have been begging the wofe for years to get out of his hell hole!

If you can't leave the Chicago area, move to Wisconsin or Indiana. They are both close enough.

Today Illinoisian had to wake up to see the Indianapolis Mayor take out an ad persuading out C Corps to move there!
I guess everyone's gonna have to take your-word, for that.

853.gif

I agree with you GHook93. Being a resident of Illinois, it disturbs me to see what is happening in this State. If I wasn't so heavily invested here (farm, houses, etc.) I'd sell out and go someplace else. It seems in this State everybody has their hand stuck out wanting something for nothing, the politicians are all pretty much on the take, and their answer to everything is to raise the taxes - not slow down on giveaway programs or spending but finding ways to keep raping the public. I, for one, am pretty tired of it. I've lived in quite a few States in the U.S. before establishing roots here in Illinois but I have to say that it's the worst place I have ever lived.
....And, your farming-$ub$idie$ are how-much?? (...Or, are you that one farmer who doesn't take them?)

:eusa_eh:

He's begging companies to move there after raising taxes 60 percent? Does he honestly think he'll have any takers?

You must understand taxation on companies to see who he is going after. Yes in all honesty going to 5% on income taxes will hurt local companies and families, but most small businesses will probably not leave because of it.

HOWEVER, the C Corps and I have in previous posts listed a ton of them (and we have a ton of them) get hit with the Corporate tax. We now have the highest corporate tax in the world! SO YES HE WILL GET SOME TAKERS! Actually I think companies like Caterpillar are making this their last straw and LEAVING AMERICAN SOILS ENTIRELY!

Oh!!! It was the Indianapolis mayor. I see your point.

Lemme guess.....you read that in Newsmax, right?? :rolleyes:

douglas-oberhelman.jpg

"It's a good time to be Caterpillar. After an extremely difficult 2009, we are seeing very positive signs in many countries around the globe—economies are recovering, orders are picking up and we are investing for our future. We've been highly focused on three things this year—significantly increasing production in response to higher demand from our customers, particularly in developing economies, aggressively managing costs and driving better cash flow.

The increase in our sales from first to second quarter 2010 was one of the most significant quarter-to-quarter increases in our history."

Forum List

Back