I'll be danged - Republicans may have it right on a health system!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've been saying since I've been here that our (a) our health care "system" is insane, and (b) the ACA is a stupid pig of a law. Plenty of examples of those posts upon request.

Then I point out that the Democrats were lying about "Medicare for All", when what they REALLY want is Single Payer. The FULL Medicare system includes a strong, innovative and creative free market component called Medicare Advantage Plans. It's right there, and it works great. It needs to be brought more under cost control, and it can be. LET'S EXPAND IT TO EVERYONE.

Well, lookie here:

Medicare currently enrolls 64 million Americans, growing daily, and is a big success story for the American right as more than half of new enrollees are signing up daily for the privatized Medicare Advantage option with its lower premiums, lower cost sharing and additional benefits relative to traditional Medicare Parts A and B. Conservatives such as Goodman and Clancy would like to expedite the transition, allowing year-round open enrollment in Part C (as opposed to the current 6-week annual open enrollment period) and even making it the default selection for new enrollees. They would also like to enable Medicare enrollees to obtain and use Health Savings Accounts.

Indeed, a small and growing chorus of voices now suggest that Medicare Advantage could be the foundation for a unitary and reformed national health system, not Sanders’ “Medicare for All” which would eliminate Part C, but “Medicare Advantage for All” that would eliminate Medicare A and B, and make Part C universal.

When it comes to this health care plan, GO REPUBLICANS!!!! Listen to Ol' Mac! Medicare ADVANTAGE for all!

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

I've been saying since I've been here that our (a) our health care "system" is insane, and (b) the ACA is a stupid pig of a law. Plenty of examples of those posts upon request.

Then I point out that the Democrats were lying about "Medicare for All", when what they REALLY want is Single Payer. The FULL Medicare system includes a strong, innovative and creative free market component called Medicare Advantage Plans. It's right there, and it works great. It needs to be brought more under cost control, and it can be. LET'S EXPAND IT TO EVERYONE.

Well, lookie here:

Medicare currently enrolls 64 million Americans, growing daily, and is a big success story for the American right as more than half of new enrollees are signing up daily for the privatized Medicare Advantage option with its lower premiums, lower cost sharing and additional benefits relative to traditional Medicare Parts A and B. Conservatives such as Goodman and Clancy would like to expedite the transition, allowing year-round open enrollment in Part C (as opposed to the current 6-week annual open enrollment period) and even making it the default selection for new enrollees. They would also like to enable Medicare enrollees to obtain and use Health Savings Accounts.

Indeed, a small and growing chorus of voices now suggest that Medicare Advantage could be the foundation for a unitary and reformed national health system, not Sanders’ “Medicare for All” which would eliminate Part C, but “Medicare Advantage for All” that would eliminate Medicare A and B, and make Part C universal.

When it comes to this health care plan, GO REPUBLICANS!!!! Listen to Ol' Mac! Medicare ADVANTAGE for all!

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:
Single payer private delivery.

Single payer private delivery.
That's very close. MA plans may (depending on the plan) have small co-pays and co-insurance, but they also keep the insurance companies competing and innovating on the structure of the plans and extras they can provide. They could easily have plans with a la carte options, such as pregnancy.

They're individual and portable. They take a massive cost/administrative monkey off the backs of American employers.

Right now we have SEVEN different delivery/payment systems:
  1. Individual
  2. Group
  3. Medicare
  4. Medicaid
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
  7. Worker's Comp
That is fucking MADNESS. This would/could bring them all together. It's sitting right there, already working. LET'S GO.

The United States National Health Care Act is a perennial piece of legislation introduced many times in the United States House of Representatives by then Representative John Conyers (D-MI).[79] The act would establish a universal single-payer health care system in the United States, the rough equivalent of Canada's Medicare, and the United Kingdom's National Health Service, among other examples. The bill was first introduced in 2003 and has been reintroduced in each Congress since.[79

~S~

That's very close. MA plans may (depending on the plan) have small co-pays and co-insurance, but they also keep the insurance companies competing and innovating on the structure of the plans and extras they can provide. They could easily have plans with a la carte options, such as pregnancy.

They're individual and portable. They take a massive cost/administrative monkey off the backs of American employers.

Right now we have SEVEN different delivery/payment systems:
  1. Individual
  2. Group
  3. Medicare
  4. Medicaid
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
  7. Worker's Comp
That is fucking MADNESS. This would/could bring them all together. It's sitting right there, already working. LET'S GO.
Fuck no. Get rid of employer based healthcare instead.

I know that your knowledge of Medicare is clearly "small."
Well, for six years, I was brought in as a financial consultant for a Fortune 100 insurer as they put together MA plans, county by county, benefit by benefit, copay by copay, provider contract by provider contract. Piece by piece. I know the system fully, from the ground up.

Educate yourself. Or don't: How does Medicare work? | Medicare

I don't expect you to click on that.

Well, for six years, I was brought in as a financial consultant for a Fortune 100 insurer as they put together MA plans, county by county, benefit by benefit, copay by copay, provider contract by provider contract. Piece by piece. I know the system fully, from the ground up.
You've clearly been well indoctrinated. I've dealt with it from the receiving end of both privatized and Medicare supplied "healthcare" far longer. You don't know shit.

OH THAT'S DIFFERENT

:laugh:
You've clearly set out to discuss this topic like an adult.

From your link:
With Medicare Advantage, you:

• Need to use doctors who are in the plan’s network (for non-emergency or non-urgent care).
  • May pay a premium for the plan in addition to the monthly Part B premium. Plans may have a $0 premium or may help pay all or part of your Part B premiums.
  • Can’t buy or use separate supplemental coverage (like Medigap).
The "Advantages" of Medicare "Advantage"! ("small")(like a weasel)

List out your SPECIFIC concerns and I'll address them when I return.
1650971372698.png

~S~

Forum List

Back