Ilhan Omar arrested and jailed!

Yeah..for being a groupie for some Muslim Imam.

"

Since she refused to comply with orders, the officer arrested Omar. The officer reached for Omar’s left arm to get her to stand so she could be handcuffed, but she pulled away. The officer handcuffed her while she stayed seated in the hotel lobby chair.

“Omar was booked at [Hennepin County Jail] as I felt it was likely that she would fail to respond to a citation and she also demonstrated that she was going to continue her criminal behavior,” the officer wrote."

A criminal as a Rep, lovely.

Ilhan Omar Arrested in 2013 For Trespassing, Booked At Hennepin County Jail - Alpha News

Alpha News - Media Bias/Fact Check

This is fake news.

It's real news. Prove me wrong or STFU and GTFO.

Fake news. Charges dropped. No crime committed.

"

Since she refused to comply with orders, the officer arrested Omar. The officer reached for Omar’s left arm to get her to stand so she could be handcuffed, but she pulled away. The officer handcuffed her while she stayed seated in the hotel lobby chair.

“Omar was booked at [Hennepin County Jail] as I felt it was likely that she would fail to respond to a citation and she also demonstrated that she was going to continue her criminal behavior,” the officer wrote."

Ilhan Omar Arrested in 2013 For Trespassing, Booked At Hennepin County Jail - Alpha News

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership.

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Anti-Islam, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

Founded in 2015, Alpha News is a Minnesota online news network, they report the latest political news from the Capitol as well as local stories about government spending. According to a Star Tribune article dated March 11, 2015 — Alpha News Chief Capitol reporter Julia Erynn describes them as a “news organization” that generates revenue from advertising, and also private donors providing financial support. According to Star Tribune “The launch of Alpha News was first promoted today by the Minnesota Tea Party Alliance on Facebook. Many of the initial news stories cover issues which have been advocated by the Minnesota Tea Party Alliance.”

Funded by / Ownership

Alpha News does not disclose ownership or funding on the website, however there is a donation link and there does not appear to be advertising. Alpha News also does not list an address on the website, however according to the Star Tribune article referenced above, the address is linked to a UPS Store address. They list a phone number on the website that leads to Julia Erynn.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Alpha News reports news with poor sourcing such as using a Facebook page as a primary source: Gun-Control Group Issues Apology after Blaming Pro 2nd Amendment Groups and referring to their own experiences such as here: Anti-Sharia, ANTIFA, and Assault. Story selection always favors the right with almost daily negative coverage of Muslims and in particular Rep. Ilhan Omar. When reporting on Muslims it is always negative, typically focusing on crimes they have committed or to illicit fear.

Alpha News routinely makes questionable claims such as this: New Evidence Supports Claims That Ilhan Omar Married Her Brother. This is an unproven conspiracy theory. In general, Alpha News reports news that is always favorable to the right and denigrates the left.

Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership. (M. Huitsing 8/16/2017) Updated (4/19/2019)

This is fake news.

The AP, Snopes and the Minneapolis Star Tribune have all verified the story. You might want to change the way you verify stories.

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership.

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Anti-Islam, Lack of Transparency

History

Founded in 2015, Alpha News is a Minnesota online news network, they report the latest political news from the Capitol as well as local stories about government spending. According to a Star Tribune article dated March 11, 2015 — Alpha News Chief Capitol reporter Julia Erynn describes them as a “news organization” that generates revenue from advertising, and also private donors providing financial support. According to Star Tribune “The launch of Alpha News was first promoted today by the Minnesota Tea Party Alliance on Facebook. Many of the initial news stories cover issues which have been advocated by the Minnesota Tea Party Alliance.”

Funded by / Ownership

Alpha News does not disclose ownership or funding on the website, however there is a donation link and there does not appear to be advertising. Alpha News also does not list an address on the website, however according to the Star Tribune article referenced above, the address is linked to a UPS Store address. They list a phone number on the website that leads to Julia Erynn.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Alpha News reports news with poor sourcing such as using a Facebook page as a primary source: Gun-Control Group Issues Apology after Blaming Pro 2nd Amendment Groups and referring to their own experiences such as here: Anti-Sharia, ANTIFA, and Assault. Story selection always favors the right with almost daily negative coverage of Muslims and in particular Rep. Ilhan Omar. When reporting on Muslims it is always negative, typically focusing on crimes they have committed or to illicit fear.

Alpha News routinely makes questionable claims such as this: New Evidence Supports Claims That Ilhan Omar Married Her Brother. This is an unproven conspiracy theory. In general, Alpha News reports news that is always favorable to the right and denigrates the left.

Overall, we rate Alpha News Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing of information, promotion of conspiracy theories and anti-Islamic propaganda, as well as a lack of transparency regarding ownership. (M. Huitsing 8/16/2017) Updated (4/19/2019)

This is fake news.

The AP, Snopes and the Minneapolis Star Tribune have all verified the story. You might want to change the way you verify stories.

Nope. Snopes says the changes were dropped and there is no record. The inference on her being a criminal is fake news.

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.
Agree about the source.

OTH, if one does not like that news source, it does not necessarily mean the fact is wrong. If you read the thread, this was pointed out. Someone already fact checked the story. It is true.

Making an ad hom attack on a source DOES NOT discredit a story.

Did Minneapolis Police Arrest U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar on Suspicion of Trespassing in 2013?

Making an ad hom attack on a black American because you're a racist like what Morrison did does. Trump defrauded people out of millions and settled out of court to save himself from a trial where he would be found guilty of fraud. These same people are posting a story where the person was not found to have committed a crime, did not pay an out of court settlement , and calling that person a criminal because she's doing her job as an elected official and providing a check on this president.

what was the ad hom attack-------specifically on a BLACK American.
You do not have to be black to have the dirty mouth that Omar exhibits.
As to TRUMP U ------was Trump charged with a CRIME------as far as I Know it was a civil case. Omar is being called a criminal in some quarters because of a very possible crime -----immigration fraud which is a crime. I refer to her filthy mouth
because she not only called the president of the USA a "muddaflucker"---she
told that filth to her son-----a child of 8. She is also an anti-semitic bitch
---not because she is black -----but because she farts out standard antisemic memes-------"it's the franklins baby"------stuff she licked off the mosque floor.
Lots of muslims I have known could do the same but would deny being
"black" I am a jew------if I yelled out at her "ZIB ABOUK" would you say that I AM RACIST ? well----it would be just as vulgar as the "mudda fucka"
that Ilhan farted-----but unrelated to race. She is not providing a check on Trump---she should be checked

Well being married to a non-Muslim sure as hell doesn't add to your "expertise" on what is Muslim.
Well, yourself as an educator, refuses to educate yourself on simple facts regarding Omar.
Irosie knows much more than you ever will, as you refuse to educate yourself on the facts.
Rosie hates Muslims. Maybe she's Jewish--I dunno what her problem is and I don't care. But as an educator, I know enough to stay away from biased sources when I am trying to educate myself.

I do not "hate" muslims------it is shariah law that I hate. I don't hate germans----it is Nazism that I hate. As an EDUCATOR----it might interest old lady to take a look at the LAWS that Constantine imposed in PALESTINA (actually codified in
JUSTINIAN LAW ----Justin was his grandson.) -----then take a look at the PACT OF OMAR which describes the dhimmi status------and then ---the NUREMBURG LAWS 1935. It is a SMALL WORLD and some things DO NOT CHANGE.
As an educator-----you might be interested in knowing how it developed-----"IT"
is the group of ideologies that have resulted in the genocide of HUNDREDS
of millions
Rosie, I do not attempt to educate my students on such complex topics as the Israeli/Palestinian conflict; I have never, ever, pretended to know enough about it. What I do show students is general history of civilizations and the expansion and contraction of empires, as rhythmic and predictable as breathing, and the very human instinct to protect one's own via tribalism and distrust of others. Blood and blood and blood has been lost over it since humans figured out how to kill each other. What is happening now in the Middle East is another example of that. My students will most likely never step foot anywhere near the Middle East, nor will they ever have any impact on decisions made there. But they can think about and moderate their own instincts when confronted with a group who acts differently, can't they? That is all I attempt.

You see, if you actually educated yourself, you would know this story is repeated over and over, here in the US. Research the Holy Land Foundation, which was down the block from where I lived, then research CAIR fully, and then research how many other mosques have had their Imam’s charged, with supporting terror or their followers, or followers of other mosques. Some hide it better than others.
Yes, civilizations tend to want to protect their own. Just as we want to protect the US from extremism. Muslim extremists have no right to want to fundamentally change the US.
Holy Land Foundation Convictions
Federal Judge Hands Downs Sentences in Holy Land Foundation Case

Omar has let it be known she supports Hamas. She supports extremist Muslims. She is on video admitting it, she has written letters in defense of those charged with it, yet you still wish to present her as innocent of hatred.

Wake up. Or maybe it is your own hatred towards Israel and Jews that possesses you to support those that do. Which is it? Are you sleeping or do you support as they do?

Forgive my harshness, but I am flummoxed at this point, You still chose not to address my post #58.

I have always liked you irregardless our difference in views, but this one I just can’t wrap my head around.
I addressed the issue in Post 58 in another thread, but as I said, Depotoo, you only want to hear one side of the story, so why bother? I am sure, after all the conversation here in the past week about Representative Omar and her many alleged sins, that you have heard it is a typical progressive stance to rehabilitate and educate criminals. She was not the only one who asked for some leniency for these three young men who were convicted of trying to join ISIS--they never made it to Syria, but they wanted to--and were facing forty years in prison for it.
Having had some experience teaching and working with criminals in other capacities, I don't think one can advocate for leniency and a second chance unless it is on an individual basis. Some folks ain't gonna change. Trust but verify, I think they say.
Anyway, the judge had the most information on these guys and he disagreed with the leniency "give 'em a second chance" folks and I trust that he knew what he was doing. He saw them on the witness stand and heard all the testimony. I did not.
So while I do not always agree with the progressive ideas about second chances for all convicts, it is a pretty standard idea among progressives who don't love terrorists.
She fought for her Somali constituents. Same as Kamala Harris fights for hers. Same as Trump fights for his.

I am simply pointing out the other side of the story. You will tell me now that I am blind.

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.

Nope. Snopes says the changes were dropped and there is no record. The inference on her being a criminal is fake news.

True about not being a criminal as she wasn’t charged however she was arrested. She also admitted to tax fraud which is common for a Congresscritter.

Well, yourself as an educator, refuses to educate yourself on simple facts regarding Omar.
Irosie knows much more than you ever will, as you refuse to educate yourself on the facts.
Rosie hates Muslims. Maybe she's Jewish--I dunno what her problem is and I don't care. But as an educator, I know enough to stay away from biased sources when I am trying to educate myself.

I do not "hate" muslims------it is shariah law that I hate. I don't hate germans----it is Nazism that I hate. As an EDUCATOR----it might interest old lady to take a look at the LAWS that Constantine imposed in PALESTINA (actually codified in
JUSTINIAN LAW ----Justin was his grandson.) -----then take a look at the PACT OF OMAR which describes the dhimmi status------and then ---the NUREMBURG LAWS 1935. It is a SMALL WORLD and some things DO NOT CHANGE.
of millions
Rosie, I do not attempt to educate my students on such complex topics as the Israeli/Palestinian conflict; I have never, ever, pretended to know enough about it. What I do show students is general history of civilizations and the expansion and contraction of empires, as rhythmic and predictable as breathing, and the very human instinct to protect one's own via tribalism and distrust of others. Blood and blood and blood has been lost over it since humans figured out how to kill each other. What is happening now in the Middle East is another example of that. My students will most likely never step foot anywhere near the Middle East, nor will they ever have any impact on decisions made there. But they can think about and moderate their own instincts when confronted with a group who acts differently, can't they? That is all I attempt.

You see, if you actually educated yourself, you would know this story is repeated over and over, here in the US. Research the Holy Land Foundation, which was down the block from where I lived, then research CAIR fully, and then research how many other mosques have had their Imam’s charged, with supporting terror or their followers, or followers of other mosques. Some hide it better than others.
Yes, civilizations tend to want to protect their own. Just as we want to protect the US from extremism. Muslim extremists have no right to want to fundamentally change the US.

Omar has let it be known she supports Hamas. She supports extremist Muslims. She is on video admitting it, she has written letters in defense of those charged with it, yet you still wish to present her as innocent of hatred.

Wake up. Or maybe it is your own hatred towards Israel and Jews that possesses you to support those that do. Which is it? Are you sleeping or do you support as they do?

Forgive my harshness, but I am flummoxed at this point, You still chose not to address my post #58.

I have always liked you irregardless our difference in views, but this one I just can’t wrap my head around.
I addressed the issue in Post 58 in another thread, but as I said, Depotoo, you only want to hear one side of the story, so why bother? I am sure, after all the conversation here in the past week about Representative Omar and her many alleged sins, that you have heard it is a typical progressive stance to rehabilitate and educate criminals. She was not the only one who asked for some leniency for these three young men who were convicted of trying to join ISIS--they never made it to Syria, but they wanted to--and were facing forty years in prison for it.
Having had some experience teaching and working with criminals in other capacities, I don't think one can advocate for leniency and a second chance unless it is on an individual basis. Some folks ain't gonna change. Trust but verify, I think they say.
Anyway, the judge had the most information on these guys and he disagreed with the leniency "give 'em a second chance" folks and I trust that he knew what he was doing. He saw them on the witness stand and heard all the testimony. I did not.
So while I do not always agree with the progressive ideas about second chances for all convicts, it is a pretty standard idea among progressives who don't love terrorists.
She fought for her Somali constituents. Same as Kamala Harris fights for hers. Same as Trump fights for his.

I am simply pointing out the other side of the story. You will tell me now that I am blind.

I do not see your explanation as the OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY-----In my glorious opinion-----ILHAN went to bat for the Somali would be terrorists because
they are Somali and muslim and not because they are APT TO REFORM. I do not recall Trump defending terrorist hopefuls

Fake News to give Conservatives a Hard on

What's fake about it, scumsucker?

The header was a little 'click-baitish' but not fake.

You're the only fake in here. You should be banned for being a scumbag. And for using valuable bandwidth for your stupid lies

dimocraps are scum

period

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.

True about not being a criminal as she wasn’t charged however she was arrested. She also admitted to tax fraud which is common for a Congresscritter.

it seems to me that the stories about Omar are simply TRUE-----just as the
TRUMP U story is simply TRUE------I do not see ONE as racist and the other
as-------HOLY

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.
Agree about the source.

OTH, if one does not like that news source, it does not necessarily mean the fact is wrong. If you read the thread, this was pointed out. Someone already fact checked the story. It is true.

Did Minneapolis Police Arrest U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar on Suspicion of Trespassing in 2013?

Making an ad hom attack on a black American because you're a racist like what Morrison did does. Trump defrauded people out of millions and settled out of court to save himself from a trial where he would be found guilty of fraud. These same people are posting a story where the person was not found to have committed a crime, did not pay an out of court settlement , and calling that person a criminal because she's doing her job as an elected official and providing a check on this president.

As to TRUMP U ------was Trump charged with a CRIME------as far as I Know it was a civil case. Omar is being called a criminal in some quarters because of a very possible crime -----immigration fraud which is a crime. I refer to her filthy mouth
---not because she is black -----but because she farts out standard antisemic memes-------"it's the franklins baby"------stuff she licked off the mosque floor.
"black" I am a jew------if I yelled out at her "ZIB ABOUK" would you say that I AM RACIST ? well----it would be just as vulgar as the "mudda fucka"
that Ilhan farted-----but unrelated to race. She is not providing a check on Trump---she should be checked
Wasn't it Tlaib who called him a motherfucker?

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.
Agree about the source.

"

Alpha News

extremeright051.png

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

This is fake news.

Agree about the source.

Stop twatting up my thread with your off topic garbage and hollering racist, racist.

Wasn't it Tlaib who called him a motherfucker?

It was.

Senior Democrats chide Rashida Tlaib over 'impeach the motherfucker' vow

of millions

I do not see your explanation as the OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY-----In my glorious opinion-----ILHAN went to bat for the Somali would be terrorists because
they are Somali and muslim and not because they are APT TO REFORM. I do not recall Trump defending terrorist hopefuls
Yes, because they are Somali and perhaps because they are Muslim. But it doesn't mean she supports terrorism. Maybe she does, but I don't see that as hard evidence. As I just explained.

"

Didn’t you guys support a pedophile? Roy Moore?

of millions

Yes, because they are Somali and perhaps because they are Muslim. But it doesn't mean she supports terrorism. Maybe she does, but I don't see that as hard evidence. As I just explained.

She has defended and lobbied for terrorists. She is a piece of shit.

"

The quintessential Democrat. Incestuous bitch. Broke the law to get into the country then grew up a law breaker. Thinks she is above the law like Clinton and Obumma. Should make a real good Democrat.
Kamala is on the ticket not her. You’ll attack Kamala too. Women will love that

of millions

No, he just defends neo-Nazi's who run over protesters and "patriots" who chant "send her back." He is the fuckin' worst of the lot.

"

Didn’t you guys support a pedophile? Roy Moore?

Who the fuck is "Roy Moore" and "you guys"?

GTFO out, Silly Boo Boo. :slap:

of millions

No, he just defends neo-Nazi's who run over protesters and "patriots" who chant "send her back." He is the fuckin' worst of the lot.

If they tried to block me in and attack me, I'd start doing donuts in the whole crowd, then hit reverse and do backwards donuts on their asses.

I've seen what can happen, windshields bashed in people pulled out and beaten to where they have permanent injuries. I'm not playing that.

Forum List

Back