Ike’s Advice: How to Avoid a Multiplicity of Fears

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
They don't make republicans like Ike anymore

"Americans, so we do not develop the jitters or any other kind of panic, that we do not fall prey to hysterical thinking."

'Sixty years later, some lessons seem to have been forgotten. Rather than urging calm in a world with the Islamic State and other dangers, Jeb Bush, who gets advice from Paul Wolfowitz, an architect of his brother’s catastrophic Iraq conflict, is urging the United States to declare war. Hysteria has become the leitmotif of Donald J. Trump, who suggests that we “strongly consider” shutting down mosques because “some of the ideas and some of the hatred, the absolute hatred, is coming from these areas.” Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz talk about clashes of civilizations and the “lunacy” of admitting refugees from the region. "

Ike’s Advice: How to Avoid a Multiplicity of Fears - The New Yorker

They don't make republicans like Ike anymore

"Americans, so we do not develop the jitters or any other kind of panic, that we do not fall prey to hysterical thinking."

'Sixty years later, some lessons seem to have been forgotten. Rather than urging calm in a world with the Islamic State and other dangers, Jeb Bush, who gets advice from Paul Wolfowitz, an architect of his brother’s catastrophic Iraq conflict, is urging the United States to declare war. Hysteria has become the leitmotif of Donald J. Trump, who suggests that we “strongly consider” shutting down mosques because “some of the ideas and some of the hatred, the absolute hatred, is coming from these areas.” Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz talk about clashes of civilizations and the “lunacy” of admitting refugees from the region. "

Ike’s Advice: How to Avoid a Multiplicity of Fears - The New Yorker

If we start shutting down religious institutions because of the fear they might be saying something negative against someone is the day we become no better than the Nazi state we fought against during W.W. II or the Communistic state we fought against during the Cold War.

I do believe we should not accept any refugees within our borders from Syria. I do believe that if we do we will regret it. This is not like the Cuban Crisis or the Iranian Crisis, and the fact is it is possible a Syrian Terrorist could come with Syrian Refugees.

So I will write I am against bringing them here, and you can call me every name you want because of my stance on this one issue.

I also disagree with putting any massive amount of troops on the ground within that region. It will not do a damn bit of good, and I do agree with President Obama we would have to deploy a certain amount of troops for a long period of time and no American is willing to do this, and lessons of the past is not to attempt to occupy such uncivilized regions of the world because it will be the downfall of the occupying country.

The simple solution is let Assad have his country back, let Russia lead the way in that region, and get the fuck out of that region and if we must back a tribe in Iraq then back the Kurds!

Bwahahhhaaaa Guno got the upside down jindel, what an independent think we are!!

Nobody manipsnates USMB Progressives, no sir!

The United States of America as much as we talk bullshit, our entire existence all based on fear of the unknown. We come to this country and the first thing we do is rid ourselves of an entire population of indians, we bring slaves to the country and use fear to keep them in line, every war we've ever faught, all based on fear and now thanks to Bush, we'll live for the rest of our live in fear until every muslim country on the planet has embrace ham sandwiches and McDonalds.

Bwahahhhaaaa Guno got the upside down jindel, what an independent think we are!!

7555c51e4f8e2cfbe011f7fbf384e566.jpg

Can't disagree with Ike, so you bash Guno. In gibberish. :clap:

• Banned

It's tawana Brawley speak, shes another liberal intellectual

So still nothing about the OP.

In Ikes time, Mexican illegals weren't mass murdering people
How what went and were are these people MASS murdering people

It's tawana Brawley speak, shes another liberal intellectual

So still nothing about the OP.

In Ikes time, Mexican illegals weren't mass murdering people
How what went and were are these people MASS murdering people

Paris.

When did Republicans turn into such cowards?

From the "Red Menace" of the 50s
to the great Ebola scare of 2011
Now they fear refugees who are fleeing for their lives

We collapsed the red menaces empire, beat them so badly, we left them only one play: exercise the option Red (Ted) Kennedy gave them to take control of the Dem Party.

Despite Obama's best efforts, Ebola was unable to find a suitable American host

Forum List

Back